Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,677

nessisonett

@Bentleyma- Not gonna lie, I thought you were joking šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@Bentleyma- ah fair enough, I've not played any resistance games yet. Had the first two in my backlog for ages but never got around to them!

One day I'll get around to sonic 06! I didnt have a 360 or ps3 when it came out so I missed all the brouhah!

See ya!

Bentleyma

@ralphdibny You are in for a treat if you get Sonic the Hedgehog!

Iā€™ve just finished Grand Theft Auto V. Going to move onto Diablo III now and Sonic the Hedgehog will be my side game.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

ralphdibny

@Bentleyma- haha I'm sure it will be a treat! One way or another... šŸ˜…

Not a PS3 game but I've been playing Alan Wake lately on my Mac (which I just installed a Windows partition on to). It's of that era though. Fairly decent game, heavily inspired by Stephen King books so it's right up my alley

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny Iā€™m hoping that we might get a Alan Wake Remaster/Remake now that Remedy have the rights to it. I loved Control and the fact that they are connected would make AW a definite play should it ever get released.

Off topic, started God of War 2... so far so pre-GoW(2018) - GoW.

**** DLC!

ralphdibny

@colonelkilgore it could happen! The game already looks quite good on the pc version. I'm playing it with game pass. Sorted out the Windows partition on the Mac because the PC version has some DLC included that I'd have to pay for on Xbox.

What GoW games do you have left to play after 2? Have you been platinuming them as you go?

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny so Iā€™ve played GoW, GoW: CoO & GoW: GoS so far and have platā€™d them as I go... so 2 (which Iā€™m a couple of hours in), GoW: A & GoW3 to go. Will definitely be looking to plat the remaining ones too.

Edit. I also have Danteā€™s Inferno too, so while it obviously isnā€™t part of the series... itā€™s apparently such a close approximation that Iā€™ll be playing that too.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

Iā€™m still making my way through Diablo III and while I am really enjoying it, it just seems like a step back from Grand Theft Auto V. Thereā€™s just something special about Grand Theft Auto V that makes it feel like more of an experience than a game to me. Even on PS3, itā€™s more impressive than most games released today. That makes it a tough act to follow when I move onto a new game.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

ralphdibny

I tested out my CEX haul today. All the discs seem to work which is good. The navigation controller works and appears to hold a charge which I think is what I was most worried about.

3 problems:

The PS3 eye has a split cable, it works but wiring is coming out of it. I say wiring but I think it's just the mesh shielding around the actual wires. Either way, I don't want it so I am going to return it for a replacement. I'm hoping they don't give me any hassle about it though because it works but is just damaged.

Also Killzone 2, I guess I can't complain for 50p of CEX money but it's a "platinum" branded disc in a messed up but standard PS3 case and cover art with a Spanish manual. Kind of winds me up, I guess it could affect the resale value but at 50p, I don't think it would have much anyway. I might try and return it and see if I can get a set that matches up šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Finally, and this is a problem with my own research on the matter but the move controllers that came with the PSVR don't work on the PS3 šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø. I've looked it up now and the PS3 ones work on the PS4 but not the other way around which is pretty annoying. So yeah, both models are pretty expensive. I'll keep an eye out on eBay for some cheapish PS3 ones but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny I ordered Enslaved from one of the used sellers on Amazon the other day... the ā€˜conditionā€™ stated very good. It arrived in a CD case with the booklet... no PS3 case and no PS3 box art. It was only a quid but Iā€™m still a bit miffed.

**** DLC!

ralphdibny

@colonelkilgore ah Christ! I do wonder what planet some of these people live on šŸ˜‚. I assume the manual was separate and not folded or shoved into the CD case?

I've got a couple ps3 games in cd cases (the slim kind they used to use for CD singles). I've got a promotional copy of Lego Ninjago for some reason and Skyrim which was in the disc drive of a PS2 compatible PS3 my mate gave me last year. Probably not going to play either game lol

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny Yeah the booklet was packaged separately and therefore seems in pretty good nick considering itā€™s probably been loose from its box for a while.

Nice! A PS3 Phat then? Iā€™m pretty sure that they were the only PS3ā€™s that would also run PS2 games right? Still my favourite looking PlayStation ever. Mine broke but Iā€™ve kept it as I just love the aesthetic of it so much... itā€™s gonna go on display in the gaming room when the missus and I move into the new house. The PS3 I use to game is one of the later designā€™s and by contrast isnā€™t Sony designā€™s greatest moment... looks a bit like a George Foreman grill.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore Not all the fat consoles played PS2 games, just the very early models. I think it was less than a year after release the consoles stopped supporting it.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho ahh, I got mine at midnight on release... think I only ever used the back compat to play through GTA's: VC and SA again though.

Obviously the one that @ralphdibney had given to him must've been one of those too.

**** DLC!

ralphdibny

@colonelkilgore yeah what @Thrillho said! I think the physical difference between the two phats is that the PS2 compatible version has 4 usb ports on the front, I could be wrong about that though!

I got another one with YLOD from my cousin many years ago that I intended to have a go at fixing one day but never got around to it. Not sure if it was PS2 compat either. But yeah they are both sitting in my cupboard now lol. I did play a PS2 game on the working one but I could only get it to display with a huge black frame around the actual game which kind of sucked really. The game itself looks good but the window makes it a lot smaller. I use a monitor instead of a TV too so I don't have a zoom function to get around it

My mind immediately went to the Super Slim when you said foreman grill but they all kind of look like lol. I use the middle design, the regular slim model. I saved up cokezone points from my diet coke addiction at uni and used them to get a PS3! I think it was like 1300 points and you get 3 points per 2L bottle. That's quite a lot of coke I drank now that I think about it šŸ˜…

Edit: that's like 867 litres of diet coke lol and Ā£650 spent on coke (not including deals). I feel like it was worth doing because I would have bought and drunk that amount of coke over 2 years anyway so might as well get a PS3 out of it. I probably rounded up my housemates spent bottles and nicked the codes off them too

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Ah, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West... thereā€™s a hidden gem.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

ralphdibny

I managed to get them to accept the return on the camera and I got a replacement. also used my remaining Ā£8 voucher toward a PS3 move wand so I paid Ā£30. Still pricey but I want one anyway and I can't really test the new camera properly without it

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic