Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy I'm researching them now. "My Fitness Club 2" comes up as a Wii exclusive, whereas the PS3 only got a game called "My Fitness Coach Club" and they're definitely two separate things.

Can you just confirm that we're looking at My Fitness Coach Club?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

As for MXGP: The Official Motocross Game, it looks like a firmly average affair. Our very own PushSquare gave it a five, saying that the game has tons of shortcomings but that the "curiously moreish campaign" would give biking fans a reason to keep playing. Other reviews agree, praising it for trying to faithfully replicate motocross with a DualShock and therefore offering something different. Fans love it. I'm tempted to put it forward for an Existing rating.

Who even knew paintball had a league, let alone three? NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 is a game made by paintball fans, for paintball fans. That roughly translates as "one heck of a niche tactical shooter" which, as we all know, means that critics mauled it whilst fans praised it. My favourite quote comes from the old Official UK PlayStation Magazine, which summarises that "compared to the full sex that is Call of Duty, this feels like five minutes of unsatisfying over-the-sweater action". I don't think there's any coming back from that, is there? Chalk this up as Pointless with apologies to paintball league members (hey, apparently the league collapsed shortly after this game was released... never mind, then).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger it my fitness coach. I've rated it but forgot to change the name, feel free to alter the name on the spreadsheet if you like. There's another fitness game but I didn't rate that on the list.

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Ah, I see. According to Wikipedia, the only My Fitness game released on PS3 is the Coach one, so I think that means we're done, yeah?

I've put in scores against the last two I just analysed above.

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger yes mate.

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Woot!

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

Knack Attack Six Pack
@AdamNovice @KALofKRYPTON @Kidfried @Gremio108 @Fight_Sora_Fight @Octane @mookysam

303 Team Name not found
@Jaz007 @themcnoisy @Th3solution @RogerRoger @Frigate @TowaHerschel7

Team Micro Transactions @ZeD @Ralizah @leucocyte @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

So we have got through boss mode. Please take a look at the spreadsheet and participate if you haven't already, every game has been scored - however compared to previous rounds I have personally rushed my homework.

Otherwise we are done and the next set of games will be launched on Monday Evening. I for one can't wait for this section to be over now.

Jaz007

I looked at the games I’ve played, No No Kuni, NFS: Hot Pursuit And Rivals, and overlord 2. They all look accurate to me.

Jaz007

Th3solution

I put some of my scores down on the few games I have played. I don’t think it alters the rankings. I agree with most of the placements and the work that was put down. Nothing jumps out as an egregious over- or under-ranking. Except maybe for Natural Doctrine. Anyone actually play this? It’s a 7/10 on Push Square who reviewed the PS4 version. Is the PS3 ver. really that much worse? It seems like a pretty competent strategy rpg that has some interesting ideas. The genre is not my cup-of-tea usually but I’m slightly curious about the game. It seems like a darker Valkyria Chronicles, which I liked a lot. To be fair, the range of reviews is very wide (from 2’s to 8’s) so the Metacritic is around 53. It seems very competent though, with a lot of the criticism about the high difficulty. It’s also on Vita and it looks like it would be a nice one to have on the portable.
Anyway, I’m not officially opposing it’s placement (I think it’s presently ‘Not Important’ or ‘Pointless’, I forget), I just want to know if anyone else thinks it should be higher, ... I was thinking ‘Existing’. Especially if someone has played the game then that would help, if even to help my own curiosity.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@Th3solution Re: Natural Doctrine, it has some pretty severe game design flaws that keep it from being a 3 for me. It also has a terrible presentation. I probably should have scored it a 1, considering.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Good to know. That’s too bad. I seem to remember there were high hopes for the game. It was supposed to be a launch game for PS4 and was delayed, as I recall.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rudy_Manchego

Hi all,

I'm afraid I think I need to bow out of this for the foreseeable.I have been absolutely useless in the last 2 weeks and contributed next to nothing. I've been manic busy with work/life etc. and I normally do my Pushsquaring from work but haven't been at my desk long enough. I don't want to let anyone down.

Sorry guys, I'll chip in no doubt and have enjoyed where I have contributed.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

Knack Attack Six Pack
@AdamNovice @KALofKRYPTON @Kidfried @Gremio108 @Fight_Sora_Fight @Octane @mookysam

303 Team Name not found
@Jaz007 @themcnoisy @Th3solution @RogerRoger @Frigate @TowaHerschel7

Team Micro Transactions @ZeD @Ralizah @leucocyte @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Thank you for everyone's hard work this round. The results will be tallied later tonight and posted on the forums. We are losing people now which was to be expected so to make it more interesting I will be cherry picking the next round of games so we get to vote on good stuff.

Sorry for not having the results in last night I have had too much work on. But that's done and I'm off work now. So going shopping for Team Sonic Racing and the results will be compiled later on!

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy The results for TSR?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

LieutenantFatman

Ok, team, let's do this! Our games this week are:

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Insomniac Games
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Insomniac Games
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Insomniac Games
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty Insomniac Games
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Insomniac Games
Ratchet & Clank Collection Insomniac Games
Rayman Origins Ubisoft Montpellier
Rayman Legends Ubisoft Montpellier
Record of Agarest War Idea Factory
Record of Agarest War Zero Idea Factory
Record of Agarest War 2 Idea Factory
Red Dead Redemption Rockstar San Diego
Red Faction: Armageddon Volition
Red Faction: Guerrilla Volition
Remember Me Dontnod Entertainment
Resident Evil 5 Capcom
Resident Evil 6 Capcom
Resident Evil Chronicles HD Remaster Capcom
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Slant Six Games / Capcom

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Do we have any Ratchet & Clank fans on the team? I'm guessing no one has played any of the Record of Agarest War games, first time I've heard of those.

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego chip in when you can mate. It will be all over soon.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.