Forums

Topic: PS2 Backwards Compatibility With The Super Slim 500GB Model PS3's?!

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

WiiWareWave

If you read the instruction manual for the final model of PS3 "the Super Slim 500GB model". It says that it has complete backwards compatibility with PS1 titles and limited backwards compatibility with PS2 titles. And I can confirm that some PS2 discs do load up, but you can't save the games and the games are a bit stuttery "yes I know that's not a word". Is there an app that can allow you to save PS2 games on backwards compatible models? Also why the fronk did Sony bring back limited backwards compatibility with PS2 titles in their final PS3 model?

Any advice for my question would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Rukiafan7: As far as I know all PS3 models are PS One BC I know this for a fact cause I hae done it. PS2 are only BC with the original first run PS3 so any of the redesigns DO NOT have PS2 BC.

There might be a way but doing so will involve things that we can't speak of here for the slim and super slim models.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WiiWareWave

@Tasuki: I see, thanks for the info...just wish there was a way to play some of the better PS2 games legitimately. I'm definitely NOT going to do anything illegal to play them so...bummer.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Rukiafan7: Just buy a PS2 they are pretty cheap nowadays, heck you can probably get one from a thrift store for 20 bucks or less.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

@Tasuki I can confirm, I've seen a lot of them being sold in that price range.

Kidfried

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.