Forums

Topic: All 1442 PlayStation 3 games need rating in order - I need you!

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,292

themcnoisy

303 Team Name not found
@Jaz007 @themcnoisy @Th3solution @RogerRoger @Frigate

All done! Number one team. Hoo Raar.

Team Micro Transactions
@BAMozzy @ZeD @Ralizah @leucocyte @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego

All done woop woop.

@AdamNovice @KALofKRYPTON @Kidfried @Gremio108 @Fight_Sora_Fight @Octane

Octane!!! The name please.....

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

Thank you everyone.

303 Team Name not found

Team Micro Transactions

Knack Attack Six Pack

Quality. So that's the teams all set see yall soon.

Jaz007

Wooh, team
[404 error, team name not found]!

Jaz007

AdamNovice

@octane Knack Attack Six Pack sounds awesome. Knew I made the right choice picking you lol
I've even changed my avatar to fit, as Captain it's the least of my responsibilities

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

Hey @TowaHerschel7 do you fancy joining our team to even up the sides mate? You are in America and have loads of Ps3 experience so it makes sense (to me at least anyway).

Rudy_Manchego

Don't worry, Team Micro Transactions only give kicks to the KNACKers. Or something more witty.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego don't worry, once you have written a few puns you will get the Knack.

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy It does make sense to have one last call for anyone to participate - especially to even up the teams. The more we have, the more likely that we will find people with experience of certain games. I know my knowledge of a LOT of PS3 titles is lacking in some perhaps key areas - Japanese RPG's for example. I know a fair few of the games I am much more familiar with may well of been on the XB360 as well so I can use that knowledge and experience and translate it across to the PS3.

I hope someone in my team is well acquainted with Final Fantasy and any other Japanese games. Even MGS too - I don't know how many times I tried to play that game but gave up on it. I know it must have been at least 3 or 4 times before they added trophies and at least 3 or 4 times after - as such I never actually finished the game. I must have spent at least 1 or 2 hrs at a time - so probably only have around half an hour actually playing it - the rest of the time was spent just watching it

With 1442 games, the more people we have, the more likely we will find someone to have at least played some of less common titles. I know I didn't play ALL 1442 and I doubt that all 17 of us combined haven't played all 1442 - there will be a certain number of games that none of us have any experience of playing. That may well be telling in terms of rating, the fact that none of us deemed then worthy of playing, but it could be that they were 'missed' for 1 reason or another. Any PS3 games that launched after 2013 were certainly not played on that generation as I had moved on. I can't, for example, rate CoD:BO3 on PS3 as I played on current gen hardware and the old gen version was quite different (no campaign, only 1 of the 4 DLC's, MP wasn't quite the same visually etc).

If there are any people that have missed out on getting involved before today, then a last chance - especially at least 1 more for @Jaz007 team to even numbers out, it can only be beneficial to ensuring we have a better chance of covering all 1442 games...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy @BAMozzy is right - I only used my PS3 to play Time Crisis!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Ralizah

@BAMozzy I won't be any help on the truly exclusive ones like Ni no Kuni, but otherwise Japanese games are pretty much all I play.

Between PS4, PC, Xbox 360, and Vita, I've played the majority of the games on PS3 I'd be interested in.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

BAMozzy

@Ralizah I know we are all going to have gaps in our gaming history. I doubt very much that even with all 3 teams, that we will collectively not have played all 1442 PS3 titles. With 17 of us, we would all of needed to play ~85 games and that's without any of us playing the same games. No doubt, there could be games that all 17 of us have played, certainly likely that a lot of us will have played the same games. As such, the number of games each of us must have bought and/or played would need to be much higher than 85 games each to cover all 1442 titles. I am sure that quite a few games will not have been played by any 1 of the 17 of us in these teams.

You and I may not be able to rate certain games, the fact that you play Japanese games though is going to be a massive help as far as I am concerned because I could probably count all the Japanese games I played on one hand. I will have to rely on my experience of a lot of games from playing them on other platforms - like the 360, XB1 or PS4. I also have to rely on my failing memory of some games. I looked at my PS3/XB360 game collection and there are some I don't remember well at all and others that merge into a 'collective' memory - for example the Motorstorm series. I can't remember each title individually but more a single collective memory of the franchise as a whole. Its going to be difficult to separate each title - its not like CoD which had a different developer each year with a different story that makes each one have a 'different' memory rather than the collective memory I have of the Motorstorm franchise.

Never the less, I am sure that we all can contribute and certain that each one of us will have strengths in certain areas - yours may well be in primarily Japanese games which, as far as I am concerned, invaluable to us. The more people we have with more variation in the types and genres of games during that era, the better.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

RogerRoger

Oh, so THIS is why my notification icon almost exploded when I logged back in!

Happy to be taking part and a proud member of Team [404 - Team Name Not Found]. Thanks to @Jaz007 for picking me and to @themcnoisy for herding all these cats (and for calling us all "legends", despite me being a relative noob)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

leucocyte

@BAMozzy - i played MGS on PS3, but my japanese rpg experience is about as 'extensive' as yours! my knowledge on fighting games also is pretty much non-existent. i've played somewhere between 150 and 200 games i think.. whether i can remember much about some of them is another matter.

leucocyte

Gremio108

Thinking about it, I've played more games than I first thought on PS3, due to games played at friends' houses etc. I once stayed up all night playing Beijing 2008, for example.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

BAMozzy

@leucocyte I know nothing about fighting games either...

It was kind of thrust upon me to pick people for our team and without having an extensive knowledge of everyone and their preferred gaming genres and expertise in various gaming categories, I couldn't necessarily pick a team that had every category covered. As I said above, even with 17 of us involved, there are going to be a LOT of games that none of us has ever played - not just the AAA release but also some of the 'smaller' indie/arcade release too.

I never expected anyone of us to be able to cover every game/genre and I am sure that we as a team will have a lot of crossover titles - ones that more than one of us has played. If there are games that only one of us have played, then great. I don't yet know how this is going to play out so I don't know the significance that may be. Hopefully, we will have a enough people with enough varied experience to call upon if needed.

As I said, my memory too isn't exactly great. Having played games since the 70's, I have forgotten more games than I can actually remember. I have been trying to remember the names of some games I had in the 80's (for a separate reason) and simply cannot remember them at all. When I moved 6yrs ago into a much smaller place, I had to clear out the attic quickly and ended up taking several 'microwave' sized boxes packed full of cassette based games to a tip. I had thousands of games - everything pre-N64 era ended up going to the tip. I gave my youngest my N64 and one of my other children had everything Playstation pre-PS3. When I moved 360/PS3 were still 'current' - at least for 3-4months before the PS4/XB1 launched. I literally lost several thousand games going right back to the Vic-20/BBC Micro days. With so many games, I really can't remember them all. Even when I looked at the spines of my PS3/360 games - which haven't yet been packed away - there are games I know I have played, but cannot remember anything at all about them. I know I played Haze for example (yes I did buy this) but cannot remember the 'game-play' at all - other than it was a FPS...

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy ye of little faith. I've seen every game on the list. We have at leasy 26% coverage lol.

Also Bam and trust me on this. You will know more about the games that we list than you think. Trust me on this but you will.

themcnoisy

OK everyone now the new thread begins in 7 days time. Now to see if this can work here's a little trial...

303 Team Name not found

Team Micro Transactions

Knack Attack Six Pack

Each team has to pick 3 games that will go straight into the Very Important category (the highest rated games based on importance, tech, art and personal opinion in that order) and 1 game that will go into the pointless category.

Remember your team captains voice is ultimately the deciding factor for this prequel. Good luck everyone.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.