Forums

Topic: The PSVR Recommendation Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 162

BigP

@Rudy_Manchego @PSVR_lover Cheers for recommendations! Just tried Super Hot VR demo and so good. Going for a tenner on sale aswell! The Spider-Man thing wowed me too was smiling like a kid the whole time haha! Even if only for ten mins!

BigP

carlos82

@nessisonett a bit late to the party but I Expect You to Die is a brilliant James Bond escape room spoof, also Job Simulator and the Batman game

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

PSVR_lover

I played the Job Simulator game - loved it, great fun. Can’t recommend it highly enough.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

PSVR_lover

I too loved Ocean Decent. A great ride that shows you how really great VR is.

NEStalgia

Anyone know where one can purchase psvr camera adapters? Looks like Sony's doing one free per household..... So if you have 2 psvrs in the same home, someone's sol?

Might as well disconnect the vr box in the mean time.

NEStalgia

Rudy_Manchego

@NEStalgia Do you have two of the adapter boxes? When I applied for mine, you needed the serial number on the PSVR splitter box and you input that, then it checks if you have a valid number and then it asks for your details. I would guess if you do the process twice, you would get two sent to you?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

NEStalgia

I do... You'd think it would work that way, or be tied to # of processor boxes and psn accounts or something, but they're very adamant about one per household, as though they have so little faith in psvr they can't imagine multiple people at the same residence wanting one...

I wouldn't even mind if they limited only one free one per household, even if that's kind of cheap, but it doesn't look like there's an option to pay for one at all, at least so far, beyond buying a whole psvr bundled with one.

NEStalgia

Rudy_Manchego

@NEStalgia Ah sorry to hear that. It is pretty dumb. Do you have someone who lives in a different home who you can give the serial number to?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

PSVR_lover

“Until Dawn: Rush of Blood has been a pretty big let down” I love that game. I play it all the time. My favorite on the system.

PSVR_lover

True, not resident evil 7 quality but well worth 20 bucks. Chapters 5 and 6 are the best.

PSVR_lover

@WaveWitch
DOOM VSFR Didn’t work for me at all. I returned it. All you said I experienced also. A terrible game experience. Farpoint for me was a far better shooter.

Edited on by PSVR_lover

ralphdibny

I'm slowly working my way through old PS Plus games and because I had the headset out for Concrete Genie, I might try out a couple of the VR plus games like until dawn rush of blood and here they lie.

Quick question though, I know a few Plus games have a VR mode tacked on like Concrete Genie but something like Bound seems to be entirely playable in VR - I could be wrong about this.

This is probably the wrong place to ask this as I am sure frequenters of this thread are avid enthusiasts and advocates of VR but...

Is it worth playing Bound on a standard monitor first or in VR first? I know it's a shortish game so it could get a second playthrough.

Usually my personal preference would be to play a game in 2D first without sacrificing resolution but I thought I'd ask about other people's experiences and see whether it would be better to experience the immersive VR first and sacrifice the graphical quality on my first and possibly only play through of this game.

Edit: I might as well ask about Trackmania Turbo while I'm here too as it's the only PS Plus game I don't already own that has a VR mode but can be played on the TV too. Can this game be played entirely in VR or is it a tacked on mode like in Concrete Genie?

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

zupertramp

@ralphdibny I don't recall Bound being much of a breakthrough in the graphics department so I don't think you'd be sacrificing much if played in VR.

Fyi, I played it for a few minutes when it was released as a Plus game and never went back to it until I got a VR headset. Then I played it for another few minutes until the "wow" factor wore off and abandoned it for other games. Not enough going on in Bound to hold my attention for long.

So, anyone playing Doom 3 VR? It's... interesting. Forgot how dated this game looks. And man are people's heads tiny. It's fun though. Better than Doom VFR, what with actual AIM support.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Jaz007

Has anyone tried Doom 3 VR? How is it?

Jaz007

ralphdibny

@zupertramp ahh cheers for the heads up. Still going to give it a go though, seems like a no brainer at a 3 hour run time. I quite like short games because the quick progression when completing multiple games feels rewarding lol.

I only played through all of Doom 3 just last year. Spent like 25 hours on it including the expansion packs. I will pick up a physical copy of the VR version (if there is one) at some point but I don't think I'm dying to play it again just yet. Not even sure I could spend 25 hours in the headset anyway because certain games make me heave. Just about managed Doom VFR but it took me like 5 days to play a 6 hour game because of the recovery time I needed.

Do you not get the VR sickness any more then? If you ever did at all? I've been looking at getting an Aim controller but they are sitting at around £50 second hand at the moment which is a bit pricey for me.

See ya!

zupertramp

@Jaz007 I held off buying the standard version of Doom 3 when it got ported over as it's not my favorite but the inclusion of 3D makes it a fresher and more compelling trip down memory lane.

As I said in a previous post, it's certainly showing its age (here more than ever because you're inside the game) but I'm still having fun with it. Much like Doom VFR, you don't realize how much bigger some of these monsters are until you're almost literally standing there with one. And with all the creaks, bumps, groans, and footsteps going on around you, it's easy to feel immersed and forget how poor it all looks.

Most of the guns (so far) feel good with the aim controller, though some better than others. The chaingun for example is awesome to hold at the hip and tear through some hellspawn but the idk, SMG I guess, feels fairly weak and mostly just obstructs your view. I mostly stick with the shotgun but it's nice to have other viable options, should the need arise.

Player height can be adjusted so that's nice. Couple comfort settings. Vignette, snap turns... that kind of thing.

Ah, the cutscenes. That's really my biggest complaint. It's extremely disorienting to be yanked from 3D to be shown a flat, 2D cutscene and though I'm not sure how practical it would have been to recreate these for this version, I have to say it definitely kills the vibe.

Also find the trophies a bit disappointing because they just took the established list and slapped "in Doom 3 VR" at the end of each. Kinda lazy if you ask me. Could have tailored them and maybe even trimmed them down a tad. As is, it's certainly not a platinum I'll be putting too much effort into. Hard enough just finishing a game this long, exclusively in VR.

@ralphdibny I do definitely get VR sick though it has lessened since my first few times putting on the headset. I mostly eased my way in with stuff like Moss and Astro Bot but then went all in on Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. In fact, I think that was a Plus offering. You basically ride a roller coaster while shooting things. It's a blast, though somewhat repetitive after a while.

Anyway, after getting through that I've learned to just push through any discomfort but I assume that probably means I don't get as sick as some others. My wife, for example, it's like an instant hangover for her after just a few minutes. Weird.

Edited on by zupertramp

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp A really bad hangover is exactly how I’d describe the way VR floors me in certain games. Gives me horrible flashbacks to high school and parties fuelled by MD 20/20, Buckfast, Dragon Soop, Apple Sourz and many more cheap drinks that utterly destroy your insides.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

zupertramp

@nessisonett yeah I think Farpoint got me the closest to that feeling. Probably because it was the first full-movement title I played. Weak legs, splitting headache, floaty light-headedness, nausea... and I'm too old for hangovers so it's no fun. Luckily it wears off quickly for me. Not so much for others.

Oh and as a helpful tip, I have found that sitting in a swivel chair (even for something like a FPS) helps mitigate some VR sickness. Really any chair will work but a swivel chair allows you a greater ability to pivot side to side obviously (or roll a little if not on carpet).

Edited on by zupertramp

zupertramp

@Wavey84 yeah, I also dropped out of Farpoint. It was too, idk, generic or something. Or maybe arcade-ish is a good description for it. Anyway I got kinda bored with it quick.

Never heard of Ocean Descent. I'll look into that.

I tried RE7 but frankly I'm not a fan of the series and while this one had its moments, it just wasn't for me. They refuse to approach a story seriously and so the games always come off slightly goofy in my view. But I know it's a beloved franchise so maybe I'm just weird. Or too picky.

Borderlands 2 VR is fairly solid. I mean, the art style is pretty forgiving when it comes to graphics so it's well suited for VR. Trouble is I've beaten that game like 5-6 times and don't think I could ever go back to it for another complete playthrough. I think I bought the VR edition more out of curiosity than anything else. Turns out it's pretty cool but I'll just never play it lol.

Edited on by zupertramp

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic