Forums

Topic: The PSVR Recommendation Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 162

Octane

Selling it later on is always an option too. Anyway, I believe PSVR will also be compatible with PS5, so maybe there will be a few more DS4 compatible VR games in a few years from now.

Octane

PSVR_lover

The vast majority of PSVR games do not require the move controllers, many games let you choose which controllers you wish to play with.

Super shot is the only game that requires the move controllers I have played.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

BranJ0

So I've just bought a PSVR! I'm currently just being astounded by all the tech demos, but I know there'll be a point when I'll want to play proper games on it. So with that in mind, what are the top recommendations for PSVR games? I'm open to anything really!

The only VR game I have is Resident Evil 7, which I got with the bundle, is that a good VR experience?

BranJ0

BranJ0

@LN78 Thank for the recommendations! I don't currently have Move controllers, but I think I might invest soon. Astrobot in particular looks brilliant, so that's gonna be my next purchase I think. Good to know about resi 7 as well, I'll start that later today!

BranJ0

Jaz007

@BranJ0 If you can't find them easy, taking it back and getting a bundle with Move Controllers might be a good idea. Many great VR games need them.
For recommendations Batman: Arkham VR is a short, but excellent VR Batman stroy. It has its shortcomings but I highly recommend if you see a good price. Especially good to play when you first start using VR.
Sairento vr is an awesome ninja VR game. You'll be using guns, swords, and any ninja weapon or gun type you think of to slice enemies, block bullets mid-flight, and do flips over enemies in slow motion while you dual wield pistols or uzis lighting them up. It does a great job having you move around a lot and feel like an acrobatic ninja in VR.
Gorn is a excellent cartoony VR game where you play as a gladiator. It's simple, but brutal and effective. You really get into and I'm sweating every time I play through a level in it.
If you like anime, Tokyo Chronos is a full VR visual novel and is a really neat experience. Choices are limited, but the presence that the VR gives to the story does so much and it's built around being VR from how the entire story is structured.
Killing Floor: Excursion is a really fun co-op game if you have a friend to play it with. It's great VR multiplayer and I had a great time playing through it with someone I know.

Jaz007

PSVR_lover

I can’t recommend Iron Man highly enough, a true classic along with Resident Evil 7. Can’t do better than those. One point for PSVR is unlike the other systems, move controllers are not mandatory for most of the games. I myself bought a bundle that included move controllers and that’s the best way to go.

BranJ0

@LN78 Thanks for the heads up, I've just preordered it, so I'm looking forward to that a lot!

@Jaz007 Thanks for the recommendations! Those all look very up my street, especially Sairento and Tokyo Chronos, I'll add them to my list! There are even more PSVR games than I thought there were, I'm gonna get a lot of use out of this, I'm very excited!

Has anyone played Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners? I was looking up videos of that and it looked like a really cool experience, I was just wondering if anyone knew what it was like to actually play!

BranJ0

PSVR_lover

I am going to pick up the game Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners - I too would love to know what someone thinks of it.

PSVR_lover

Yes I do, try to get a bundle with camera and move controllers. You should really like the system.

nessisonett

My Move controllers came today with Iron Man VR (not bad, controls are bloody difficult but I assume I’ll get better) and I was wondering what gems are there that need those controllers? I don’t mind if they’re smaller games, the cheaper the better imo!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@LN78 I’m waiting for a sale, it’s definitely a must buy but I’m really sad I can’t play the PC version, custom songs would be great! Honestly, I’m already a big rhythm game nut so being able to play Rez and Thumper in VR will be insane too.

nessisonett

@stuzster Brilliant, I’ll have to give A Fisherman’s Tale a look. I came so close to getting Superhot VR, I love the flat version. Would you say that the VR enhances the gameplay?

nessisonett

@LN78 @stuzster Blood and Truth seems intriguing, could really go for some ‘oi guvnor’ shooting 😂😂

nessisonett

@LN78 Always wanted to play Phil Mitchell Simulator to be honest.

BigP

Picking up a VR today with move controllers and going to buy Iron man. Any must have games that work well with move controllers? Thinking of getting Skyrim and No mans sky again too.

BigP

Rudy_Manchego

@BigP Good question - without a doubt, Super Hot VR and Beat Saber are cracking VR titles with move controllers.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

PSVR_lover

The Invisible Hours and Everybodies Golf VR are also great move controller games.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic