Forums

Topic: Pushsquare Screenshot of the year 2019

Posts 61 to 80 of 307

themcnoisy

**Anyone new to the thread and who wants to join in. The community on your PS4 is called 'Push Square Screenshot of the Year 2019' it's a temporary community for the competition**

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Ralizah Nice one Ralizah!

KALofKRYPTON

All. The communities app is actually pretty useful to see the submissions if you're away from your PS4 ๐Ÿ˜

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

I really liked your Glinthawk pic @Ralizah and the Sea of fog picture was great too!

Your spidey pics were pretty good too @KALofKRYPTON! I assume the Wipeout picture was done via a ship viewer or something?

Oh and I didn't know there was a communties app! Cheers for the info!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Thanking you.

Oh no, the WipEout shot was done 'in race' in zone mode ๐Ÿ˜Š
I was actually trying to get a different shot altogether (in the screenshot thread somewhere) - but got quite a few nice ones along the way.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON Yes, the Wipeout one is nice.

I just submitted mine. I think I submitted better pics than last year, if I do say so myself.

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried Nice shots.
The cave one especially ๐Ÿ˜

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks! HZD has a truly fantastic photo mode, and it was a lot of fun playing around the camera and perspective to capture some dynamic shots.

I like the clean lightning bolt you captured in that one TW3 screen. I've spent an unhealthy amount of time on PC screenshotting storms trying to get a good shot, since that game's weather is really awesome.

I need to install the app, I think, so I can check out other peoples' submissions.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

AdamNovice

My entries are locked in. All the best to everyone.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

DerMeister

Just submitted my shots. Can't wait for the final results!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah wrote:

HZD has a truly fantastic photo mode, and it was a lot of fun playing around the camera...

I didn't really like screenshots til I played that with the photo mode. It is definitely quite robust and I do enjoy snapping screenshots now even without one.

I've taken quite a few scenery shots in Horizon... One was the same place just over a period of time just see how the lighting effects changed the look of it.

Ralizah wrote:

I like the clean lightning bolt you captured in that one TW3 screen. I've spent an unhealthy amount of time on PC screenshotting storms...

Ha ha that was the one time @Ralizah I wasn't actively trying to get a lightning bolt shot! Every time I've tried, they've looked... fake or I was much too slow and missed it.

In fact I wasn't trying to take a shot at all there... my finger slipped! But it turned out pretty great with the sword sheathing and everything too ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'll upload a few shots from H:ZD & Witcher that didn't make my cut tomorrow in the normal screenshot thread. There's one I caught of Novigrad with a blood red sky that I thought was pretty neat

Ralizah wrote:

I need to install the app, I think, so I can check out other peoples' submissions.

Same. Really getting excited now!

That was done in a race @KALofKRYPTON?! I saw your other wipeout ones (all good by the way) which you could tell were in the tracks but... damn that's a goodie!

Oh and I already said it in the actual community but I'll say it here too and good luck to everyone!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Thank you!
I say race, but regular Zone mode is just your ship on super stylised versions of tracks running at constantly increasing speed (you can't slow down) until you crash! So no other racers to contend with, just speed and in this case, trying to get perfect alignment for shots that isn't on the optimal racing line.

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb it's okay Sammy don't panic. We have probably got enough contenders, 42 in the sub community right now! Once we have whittled down the top 10 (posting closes on Saturday) you can put them in an article for a public vote off!!!

Edited on by themcnoisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Wait, some of them are potentially going in an article? Count me out then sorry. Not that I have any confidence that any of my shots would be anywhere near the top 10, but putting them out on the wild open to public ridicule, no thanks.

Edit: To be fair, you did mention that on the first page, I must have missed that!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

Man, some great shots already! Iโ€™ll be lurking just to admire the wonderful captures people have been getting this year.

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

nessisonett

Aww itโ€™s a shame I lost the screenshots when my hard drive died on the PS4, I got some great shots of Spider-Man when the cutscenes were going nuts like my profile pic!

Plumbingโ€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

DanM

Just finished posting my screenshots. All three of them from Spider-Man. I've played lots of games this year, but that's the only one where I spent almost more time playing in photo mode than actually playing I've probably got better ones than the ones I posted but those were taken in 2018... Oh well, it was fun coming up with a title for them! Can't wait to see the top ten!

DanM

PSN: SAMDAN

Ralizah

@DanM The screen with Spider-Man hanging upside down was really striking. I like the sense of depth and scale in the background.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.