Forums

Topic: WE HAVE A WINNER! - The 2022 Screenshot of the Year Competition

Posts 101 to 120 of 183

Thrillho

@RogerRoger @ralphdibny Ha, I only took “Return to Sender” at the last minute while playing around with photo mode. And we’ll done on remembering the old shot: o can barely remember what I entered in previous years, let alone other people!

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho @ralphdibny @RogerRoger I’m honored the shot has lingered in the collective memory from 2 years ago. It did make the finals and so that’s probably why it sticks out. I actually looked up my old shot and Thrill’s has a unique perspective and is an excellent shot in its own right. I remember trying to focus on that moment right before the axe reaches the hand but panned out from a more distant side view whilst Thrill has opted to focus on an interesting close up to include Kratos’s face.
And I’m guessing by the name that you must be an Elvis fan too! 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution It must have been a memorable shot! I just found the old thread ( https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps4/the_ps4_screenshot_of_t... ) and yeah, quite a different perspective.

Funny to be the same name though. Nothing to do with Elvis sadly but I couldn’t think of a boomerang related name so I just went with what you write on an envelope when it’s not meant for your address

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho It is great how these screenshots stir up memories. As I perused my shots taken this year to choose some to submit, the memories of my time with each game came flooding back. I believe it was Rog who encouraged me to take more screenshots because he compared it to taking pictures while traveling on vacation so you can look back on them and I think that fits.

But yeah, it’s a great Elvis Presley song. And it’s stuck in my head now. 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution submits the following:

1) Comedic: "You Never Know What You Can Accomplish Until You Stretch Yourself a Little" from Marvel's Avengers
Untitled

2) Dynamic: "Tony Stark is Well-Known For His Punchlines" from Marvel's Avengers
Untitled

3) Artistic: "Gamorametrical Meditation" from Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
Untitled

4) Artistic: "Deep Reflections" from RiME
Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@AdamNovice submits the following:

1) Dynamic: "If You're Going to San Francisco" from Horizon Forbidden West
Untitled

2) Dynamic: "He's Behind Me, Isn't He?" from (I think?) Demon's Souls
Untitled

3) Dynamic: "Electric Supernova" from Horizon Forbidden West
Untitled

4) Artistic: "Viva Las Aloy" from Horizon Forbidden West
Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

ishaajo840

Untitled

Category - Artistic
Game - The Order : 1886
Image not showing , Putting same code with png extension for same shot , these are same shots, I hope this works :
"The Beauty is in Details"

Untitled

https://ibb.co/b73Cy0C
Category - Dynamic, Game: Elden Ring
https://ibb.co/b73Cy0C
"Eat to Dust"

Untitled

Category - Artistic
Game - Elden Ring
https://ibb.co/VgThTtY
"Elden Lord Awaits there"

Untitled

Category - Artistic
Game - FF XIII
https://ibb.co/qdp0hKh
"Do not Give-up"
Untitled

Edited on by ishaajo840

ishaajo840

RogerRoger

That's all, folks! Please do not submit any further screenshots! They won't be considered!

Huge, huge thanks to everybody who's taken part this year!

@HallowMoonshadow Over to you, fellow judge! Please send your three Comedic finalists to me via PSN. I'd love to get the vote started as soon as possible, but no pressure!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@ishaajo840 I can see your shot! The first link opens to its full size version, and the third has embedded a thumbnail preview on the forum. The second link is the only one that isn't working.

Please feel free to continue editing that post with any additional shots you'd like to submit (you got in twenty seconds before I closed, so it's only fair)! Remember to give 'em all titles, too!

Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

Ahh, I was just sitting down to do this. I didn’t note the time, just the date. It’s still early here 😂 Ah well, good luck to everyone!!! Some amazing shots in here.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

RogerRoger

@Jimmer-jammer Oh no, sorry you missed the window! That's the problem with international time zones. I can't predict whether I'd still be up for a spot of 3am topic admin!

@AdamNovice No problemo, and thanks for confirming! I forgot to ask back on PSN, sorry!

Making It So Since 1987

ishaajo840

RogerRoger wrote:

@ishaajo840 I can see your shot! The first link opens to its full size version, and the third has embedded a thumbnail preview on the forum. The second link is the only one that isn't working.
Please feel free to continue editing that post with any additional shots you'd like to submit (you got in twenty seconds before I closed, so it's only fair)! Remember to give 'em all titles, too!

Yes all are showing properly now. Given the Titles .
Thankfully was able to submit just, just on time , unlike last year .

ishaajo840

Loyal_Dan

@RogerRoger Thanks man! This account I'm using is actually the wrong one I wanted to use. I participated last year as @Blue_Persimmon ! I was having trouble creating my account last year and ended up creating two. I guess I used the wrong password and email to login this time. But Whatever!

Loyal_Dan

Loyal_Dan

@Ralizah Dang, for real?! Thank you, I appreciate it! I love your "Thru Hell" one though. It's superb in my opinion; it really almost looks like a painting!

Loyal_Dan

HallowMoonshadow

I'll try to get them to you by tonight @RogerRoger! I do have some work stuff I have to get through today but I should be able to squeeze those in!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Loyal_Dan Yeah. Your snap reminds me a lot of the sorts of covers you used to see for sci-fi/fantasy novels in stores, which would attempt to draw attention with a striking illustration done by an independent artist. How'd you even capture such a vertical shot in the first place?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@ishaajo840 Excellent, thanks for persevering and taking part!

@Loyal_Dan Ah, gotcha! Well, thanks for not being cheeky and entering twice, then!

@HallowMoonshadow That would be brilliant, thanks in advance! I get how precious your weekends are, so really do appreciate your help. If we can start the vote tonight, though, that'd be ideal.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Sorry @RogerRoger for the lateness but I've finally got my finallists sorted of the comedic category and sent them to you over PSN!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow No apology necessary, I really appreciate your help! Thank you!

@AdamNovice @AFCC @AgentCooper @amersga @andreoni79 @AngryChainsaw_ @Anti-Matter @ApostateMage @Arisen @Bamila @Bentleyma @BearsEatBeets @BlockPunch @Blue_Persimmon @BowTiesAreCool @b1ackjack @carlos82 @CJD87 @Clankylad @crimsontadpoles @CuteBoyMnM @DanM @Deadlyblack @DerMeister @Drax-UK @Elodin @evildave333 @GhostofJettatura @HallowMoonshadow @Hispanicguy @hypnotoad @ishaajo840 @Jackpaza0508 @Gremio108 @Jaz007 @Jimmer-jammer @JohnnyShoulder @JudgeDredd @KAIRU @Kaka @Kidfried @kreativekontrol @kyleforrester87 @leucocyte @lieutenantfatman @LivewireCLS @Lizergamid @lolwhatno @Loyal_Dan @LukeNI @MB81 @Mega-Gazz @Mr_B021 @nessisonett @nicc83 @nomither6 @NYJetsfan123 @0ld_boy @Perturbator @Ralizah @ralphdibny @r4r3Un1c0rn @RR529 @Rudy_Manchego @Ryall @Sam-Bridges @Shigurui @Signosis @Sorteddan @Star-Lord @TheIdleCritic @themcnoisy @themightyant @the_pathos @ThePizzaMule @Th3solution @Thrillho @Throb @Tjuz @Tomato_Goose @TowaHerschel7 @Unreal @WanderingBullet @XOF and @zupertramp

This was tough.

I know I say that every year but good grief, picking ten finalists from such sublime submissions is one heck of a pleasurable torment. Know that, at one point or another, almost all shots were in contention, either as the best in their chosen category or as a potential wild card. I even toyed with the idea of changing the rules, so that I could promote extra wild cards and give us twelve finalists, but ultimately decided that moving the goalposts mid-competition might be seen as cheeky.

Always worth repeating a special shout-out to fellow judge @HallowMoonshadow who bravely took on the not-as-popular-as-we-expected-but-still-excellent Comedic category! If anything, having fewer submissions to choose from makes things even more of a challenge!

Huge, huge thanks to everybody who submitted shots! We wouldn't have a competition without you, and everything I've seen posted in this topic has been widely appreciated and raised a smile, so I'm beyond grateful. Please don't be too disappointed if you didn't make the grade, and rest assured that I'll be dishing out some honourable mentions once we have a winner.

Speaking of which, it's time for the public vote! Even if you didn't participate with submissions of your own, I'd encourage you to get involved with praising the incredible skill on display here!

Please pick your top three finalists and assign them points as follows:

First Place = 5 points
Second Place = 3 points
Third Place = 1 point

You have until 4pm (GMT) on Wednesday 14 December to cast your votes.

Here are your finalists for this year. I'm not putting usernames alongside each shot, as this isn't about voting for your favourite people; just look at the pretty pictures!

1) "The Chains of Fate" from God of War: Ragnarök
Untitled

2) "Into the Sunset" from Red Dead Redemption 2
Untitled

3) "Anatomically Correct Spider-Man" from Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
Untitled

4) "Cyclone" from Horizon Forbidden West
Untitled

5) "Ancient Canvas" from Assassin's Creed: Origins
Untitled

6) "Get Your Steps In, Push Through the Pain" from Horizon Forbidden West
Untitled

7) "Mess Your Thunderpants" from Horizon Forbidden West
Untitled

8) "Stillness" from Horizon Forbidden West
Untitled

9) "Whyyyyy?!?" from The Last of Us, Part I
Untitled

10) "Thru Hell" from Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Untitled

Again, you have until 4pm (GMT) Wednesday to cast your votes... oh, and if you wanna vote for yourself, then go right ahead. We'll just shame the heck out of you!

Best of luck to all our finalists, and happy voting!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic