Forums

Topic: WE HAVE A WINNER! - The 2022 Screenshot of the Year Competition

Posts 81 to 100 of 183

Gremio108

@HallowMoonshadow Essentially what @Th3solution said. I've sent my shots to Roger so they'll probably appear here very soon. Thanks for the reminder though, the days are flying by in the run-up to christmas, so it can be easy to let the deadline slip by.

Get the entries in folks!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

With apologies for not checking PSN for the past couple days...

@0ld_boy submits the following:

1) Artistic: "Random NPC Ponders the Cruelty of Virtual War" from Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
Untitled

2) Dynamic: "Dances With Blade" from Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
Untitled

3) Dynamic: "Welcome Our Alien Overlords" from Immortals: Fenyx Rising (PS5)
Untitled

@Gremio108 submits the following:

1) Dynamic: "A Minor Obstacle" from Demon's Souls (PS5)
Untitled

2) Artistic: "Sanctuary* from Elden Ring (PS5)
Untitled

3) Artistic: "Late in the Day" from Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (PS5)
Untitled

4) Dynamic: "A View to a Kill" from Sniper Elite 5 (PS5)
Untitled

Huge thanks to you both for taking part, and apologies again for the delay.

Additional thanks to @HallowMoonshadow for keeping on top of this topic, and for helping out with some of its administration the past few days! Really appreciate it!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

Hop to it (artistic)
Horizon Zero Dawn

Untitled

Night Rider (artistic)
Cyberpunk 2077

Untitled

Return to Sender (dynamic)
God of War (2018)

Untitled

Seeing Red (dynamic)
God of War (2018)

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Excellent stuff, thanks for taking part! Your third shot is reminiscent of a previous finalist, which is no bad thing. Sol did very well with it, so fingers crossed!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh no worries @RogerRoger!

Honestly I just bumping the thread and making sure it thread was visible on the front page as the submissions seemed a bit on the light side compared to last years!

Also I'll take the comedic category to judge if that's alright with you and I'll change my shot One With The Blade to the Dynamic category!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Thanks; submissions are usually spread out across the window, so I'm not too worried, but we've already got plenty of excellent shots to judge! Speaking of which, that's great, thanks for confirming what category you'll judge. I'll let my friend know (she'd already semi-picked Artistic, given that you definitely couldn't judge it) and then... blimey, I guess that leaves me Dynamic! Quite the task!

Making It So Since 1987

Kaka

Hello all.

My submissions for this year:

1) "Ancient Canvas"
Artistic - Assassin's Creed Origins
https://ibb.co/ZgM6Fpx
Untitled

2) "Beating Heart"
Dynamic - Horizon Zero Dawn
https://ibb.co/z6NV1Xj
Untitled

3) "Night Lights"
Artistic - Horizon Zero Dawn
https://ibb.co/N7GsX9M
Untitled

4) "Don't distract me now..."
Comedic - Uncharted 2 [Nathan Drake Collection]
https://ibb.co/gt0Q74T
Untitled

Love this competition. So hard to choose which ones to share.

Any chance we can make this a quarterly competition :] ... with different themes each time, maybe depending on the time of year/season?

Good luck everyone.

Edited on by Kaka

Kaka

Jimmer-jammer

Some truly fantastic shots in here! I’ve been light on picture taking this year but hope to find something to post before the deadline. Nice work, everyone!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

ralphdibny

@Thrillho I'm sure there was a Return to Sender last year as well! Not sure who submitted it. Might have been sol, could be wrong though!

I haven't played the game so maybe they say that phrase in the game so it is a fitting title

I like your Night Rider photo!!

See ya!

ralphdibny

All the shots submitted are brilliant! I want to commend a few of my favourite submissions from this thread
@evildave333 Shining Night (gosh, both yours and @Thrillho's cyberpunk shots look very nice)

@Ralizah - Thru Hell looks like a painting. I have played that game and don't remember that bit in particular but it was before my photo mode days. Brilliant shot!

@nessisonett Apocalypse Now and Purple Rain - both brilliant shots

@HallowMoonshadow One with the blade is very nice. Not sure if this is the one you swapped categories for but I think it fits Artistic better

@JudgeDredd all of your shots are brilliant, especially Ageless Beauty. Not even sure if Did We Plan for this is comedic. I assume it's a bug but you have photo moded it enough to make it look very natural somehow 😅

@Throb Triumph and Grief are both very nice!

@r4r3Un1c0rn - all brilliant shots!

RogerRoger wrote:

@nessisonett Duly noted, thanks!

Untitled

Best graphics ever!

@the_pathos I particularly like Sunset on the Beach

@Gremio108 A Minor Obstacle - brilliant

Not that I'm a judge or anything, but if I haven't mentioned your shot here it's because I had to cut what was supposed to be a short list of my favourites down! Everyone has done great work this year!

See ya!

HallowMoonshadow

ralphdibny wrote:

@HallowMoonshadow One with the blade is very nice. Not sure if this is the one you swapped categories for but I think it fits Artistic better

Oh no please don't tell me that I've been umming and ahhing about this for days ralph! Now I wanna switch it back! 😂

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ralphdibny

@HallowMoonshadow haha I think it fits the one it's in now!

@JudgeDredd I don't doubt it! I've seen some very weird glitches in my time. Flying bison in RDR2 were quite notable! 😅

See ya!

RogerRoger

@Kaka Superb submissions up there, thanks for taking part!

@evildave333 Noted, thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

I've not taken a great many photos in games in the last year, at least compared to what I used to. Regardless, I've had a look back and these are probably some of my favourites.

1. Pest-free moment
Artistic
A Plague Tale Requiem
Untitled

2. Falling with style
Dynamic
HFW
Untitled

3. Scuba
Dynamic
HFW
Untitled

4. Glint in it's eye
Artistic
HFW
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Tomato_Goose

Screenshot №1 — "The chains of fate"
Dynamic
God of War: Ragnarök
Untitled

Screenshot №2 — "Cleaning the streets"
Dynamic
Gotham Knights
Untitled

Screenshot №3 — "In the woods"
Artistic
Horizon Forbidden West
Untitled

Screenshot №4 — "Take this!"
Comedic
God of War: Ragnarök
When you are a kid and the cashier at the local video-game store asks whether you have any money for the chosen game, but you've come well-prepared with all the cash you've got... Oh, the memories.
Untitled

P.S. So many great works out there, I wish luck to all the participants! And once again thanks to @RogerRoger for running such an amazing event once again.

Tomato_Goose

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

Thanks; submissions are usually spread out across the window, so I'm not too worried, but we've already got plenty of excellent shots to judge! Speaking of which, that's great, thanks for confirming what category you'll judge. I'll let my friend know (she'd already semi-picked Artistic, given that you definitely couldn't judge it) and then... blimey, I guess that leaves me Dynamic! Quite the task!

Yeah I don't envy you one bit RogerRoger (Or your friend judging artistic) as there's some absolutely stunning shots. Especially with the few late entries that've came in today!

Comedic hasn't had as many entries as the other categories but I don't know where to even start with that! 😅

I also changed One With The Blade back to Artistic. I know I know so undecisive but ugh... I was just as bad with the older categories 😂

Loyal_Dan

Stillness
Horizon: Forbidden West
Artistic

Untitled

Begging for Blue
Metro: Exodus
Artistic

Untitled

Cyclone
Horizon: Forbidden West
Dynamic

Untitled

Hey Pete!
Spider Man: Miles Morales
Comedic

Untitled

Loyal_Dan

Ralizah

@Loyal_Dan Cyclone literally looks like a work of art I could purchase somewhere. Nice job!

@ralphdibny Thanks! In fairness, the section of the game I took the snap in doesn't last for very long before you're battered with more hallucinatory imagery. Also, the filter totally changes the look of the scene.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Excellent, really glad you were able to take part! Thanks for your submissions!

@Tomato_Goose Thanks for saying that, and for taking part! Great entries!

@Loyal_Dan Stunning stuff, huge thanks for submitting those shots! Best of luck!

@HallowMoonshadow Don't worry about changing categories, even if you're still undecided and feel like changing it again at 6:59pm this evening! That's why the submission window is open as long as possible, because seeing your shots in context might make you think differently. It happens!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

I'm not gonna tag everybody and be a pest, particularly on a Saturday morning, but remember that the submission window closes today, Saturday 10 December at 7pm UK time (GMT).

Please don't post anything beyond 7pm (although if you're busy sorting image tags and your post ticks over by a couple minutes, we'll be kind). I'll check my PSN inbox as close to the wire as possible, as well, which means I might be posting on behalf of others past the deadline. Again, I'll be looking at the timestamps on my PSN messages, so if you send anything a lot later, it'll be ignored (sorry).

Best of luck to anybody sneaking their shots in today, and to all participants thusfar!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic