Forums

Topic: Moderation

Posts 141 to 160 of 177

Constable_What

@zupertramp I think I delete 50 percent of my comments simply because they're too long and don't want to edit them. lol

Constable_What

Ryall

@Constable_What I apologise I did not have enough time to write you a shorter comment.
I generally read through and delete about a third of what I was saying.

Ryall

zupertramp

Wish there was a way to review the contents of what I submitted when reporting something. I just typed something off in a bit of a hurry and now I'm like wait, what did I say lol. Anyway, I think I got the point across but still, it'd be nice to know whether I botched it or not.

Just something to think about. Also just realized discussing moderation is against the rules. So whoops. Guess I missed that.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

BAMozzy

@antdickens I wholeheartedly agree with that. It was news and game related so it made sense to post an article on it. The article itself was not written in a 'political' way and refusing to post it would of been a 'political' statement in itself.

Its such a shame that people cannot have a sensible and adult discussion and therefore I completely understand why the comments section was shut down. It was the right thing to do!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

zupertramp

Edit: Had a quick, bi-polar detour through hysteria lane... comment deleted as it was addressed.

Edited on by zupertramp

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp Yeeeeesh, right after there was a comment last night calling Black basketball player anti-American as well.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

zupertramp

@LiamCroft Thank you. I can delete my previous post if that'd be preferred.

Edit: amended it in any case.

Edited on by zupertramp

Kidfried

So you're allowed to say a culture is racist on here. Yea, moderation is doing just fine here...

Kidfried

LiamCroft

@Kidfried It's the weekend and outside of our standard work hours. Instead of engaging with the user, please report them. We continue to stress this point.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

Tasuki

@Kidfried Gotta give the mods time man. Sometimes they are busy and just can't get to stuff right away. Sadly they don't camp the site 24/7 so there are some times when it seems stuff goes unchecked.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

You're both totally right. apologies.

Kidfried

Tasuki

@Kidfried Ah it's no problem I know it can be annoying when someone is being a jerk and posting rude and derogatory comments but as I said the mods aren't on 24/7. At least there are mods here, on Pure Xbox there doesn't seem to be any.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

So, what is up with the censoring of words?

If I say a word like s-hit or a-hole, it's getting censored. But I can say all these words: tranny, dyke, fag, sissy.

There's kind of a pattern there...

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried Well, technically words like dyke and fag aren't exclusively homophobic slurs, they can also mean other things. Though most people wouldn't really use them on a gaming forum I agree. They do automatically get flagged though. So sorry mods for this post!

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.