Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,116

Octane

I never use the sub-forums anyway, forums/all is all I use.

Octane

kyleforrester87

Yeah I just click forum > all topics and I check through all the threads with new posts so a new sub forum wouldn't be noticed by me really.

But I'm not too worried about spoilers myself, spoil away if ya want!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tasuki

We do have spoiler tags for which are easy enough to use

See what I mean

So I would have to agree that a whole section isn't necessary. If you want to discuss spoilers just use the spoiler tags.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

get2sammyb

I think it might be good to have spoiler specific threads for particular games for people who've finished and want to talk in more detail about plot specifics, etc without needing to use spoiler tags. Spoiler tags are great for little things, but not especially good for in-depth discussion as it always feels like everyone's treading on egg shells.

Jaz007

@YummyHappyPills They were just trying to stop a simple innocent reference that made sense from derailing an article someone put time and effort into. It could have and partially did turn into something embarrassing and I’m sure it’s happened before. And the point, right or wrong way of putting it, was not to be petty. It’s not a nothing but Sony site, but on occasion we could use a small reminder not to go too far. Look at other sites where it’s become the majority of what happens with the derailing. Push Square prides itself on not being those. It will take measures to stop that as it growers larger.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Jaz007 Well put, Jaz! And I fully agree too.

@YummyHappyPills Don't obsess over moderation. It's not worth your time nor blood pressure. Just shrug and move on.

Kidfried

themcnoisy

Yeah there seems to be a multitude of really immature comments recently. Im not talking about BLP here as at least he is part of the community on a regular basis and does have positive comments at times. Im talking about the digs at the writers and reviewers that are there every few articles. Im all for freedom of speech but you know the comments I am talking about.

"The reviewer hasnt played the game" "Stop having a go at Nintendo"
"This articles clickbait" yada yada yada.

If anyone takes issue with an article or there is an error you can have a forum topic for it. You could even move said comments into the forum topic for additional discussion without tarnishing the article. Two people were arguing about the Ram in the PS3 the other day - if you moved it to the forum topic you could then warn someone without getting the ban hammer out and explain why.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Tasuki

@themcnoisy I agree wholeheartedly with you man, it does seem as of late that the internet, not just this site has become very immature and hostile even. I am not sure what it is or if it can be explained. It just seems that instead of people wanting to talk and converse normally they want to argue and one up each other.

My Backlog

AdamNovice

I personally blame politics for this really, it doesn't matter whether your pro Trump/anti Trump or pro Brexit/anti Brexit everyone has such strong opinions to the point where discussion goes out of the window and ultimately leads to personal insults.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Tasuki

@adf86 I honestly think it's just how we have been raised as a society these last few decades. I don't know how it is in the UK but here in the US we became a society where everyone's opinion is right and we are all winners no matter if we are first or last place but because we gave it our all it's ok. Well get put all those people together who have different opinions but they all believe that they are right and everyone else is wrong and you have people unwilling to compromise because they were taught from an early age that they are always right and that they get it there way because it's ok that your different society and everything else will make it more comfortable for you rather then you adjusting to society.

My Backlog

DerMeister

You know, I actually took my hiatus so I wouldn't end up being one of these immature and angry posters that have been popping up recently. I was in such a negative state of mind that I thought I'd just write harmful stuff if I kept going. But seeing the internet just lose rational thought is seriously sad. I'm glad it's nowhere near as bad here, but I hope things don't get worse.

Discussion and context are important. I wish everybody would remember that.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah the comments sections for reviews can get quite nasty, especially if a game with a strong fan base gets a lower score than expected. It goes way too far when you hear about death threats being sent for something trivial like a game being delayed. And yes that did actually happen. Sigh.

I just don't get the mentality to post on a site just to abuse someone because you don't agree with their opinion. I think social media media has a lot to 'blame' for it with the perceived anonymity that comes with it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki

@KratosMD Yep I know what you mean. I see it alot with this younger generation too, especially when I am at work. You can't even give them constructive criticism the moment you do your are a jerk and yelling at them even if you aren't and just trying to help them. This one kid at work moves so slow and the kind of work that we do you have to move quick, well I had to tell him that he needed to move faster because we are on a time schedule, if we go slow and cause the trucks not to get out in time then they are late to their destination which in turn throws people at the destination off schedule etc. etc. Well instead of picking up the pace he got mad at me and walked out, saying that's how he does things. As far as I know he doesn't have a disability, wasn't injured just seemed to not care about anyone else. Next day I am told by my boss that the kid called and said that I was a jerk to him, and that I need to learn people skills and that some people.dont move that fast but can still get the job done. I am but I need the job done then not 2 hours later. For the record my boss agreed with me and didn't think I was in the wrong.

As for when this generation becomes in charge this image sums it up for me
Untitled

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic