Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,116

KidRyan

get2sammyb wrote:

@ToddlerNaruto Yeah, heard this suggestion a couple of times now. I think Nintendo Life is currently experimenting with it, so I'll get feedback on how that's going ASAP.

I do realize the concerns with using IMs like Discord, specifically your reasons why Private Messages are disabled on the forums/site.

However Discord has the feature to make PMs friends only (not a default option), eliminating those concerns in my opinion.

Not to mention it has ALOT more moderation power and it's just overall easier to use in comparison to Skype.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@get2sammyb @ToddlerNaruto Couldn't we just use PS4's party option to chat while we game? That's what my friends and I do when we game.

I can see why a discord type thing would be an idea for NL since Nintendo doesn't have voice feature within their consoles, but I feel for Pushsquare it would just be a waste since as I said we can do that now over PSN. Plus if we had one that's one more thing we would be responseable for and someone would have to mod.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Octane

@Tasuki It's like Windows Live Messenger or Whatsapp. You don't really need to moderate Discord (I think). NintendoLife's Discord doesn't have moderators as far as I'm aware.

Octane

WiiWareWave

@Antdickens, I know you don't want external images in signatures for security reasons, but would it be possible to allow players to favorite a single screenshot from one of your reviews or articles to use as a signature image? I think this would be a neat, yet safe feature for this website!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@get2sammyb Same here what I figured is it's something like Skype. But again with PSN having the chat feature I just don't see the point in having a discord server.

My Backlog

Octane

@Reanfan7 Honest question; Why would you want to clutter the forum pages even more? What's the point of images in your signature?

Octane

Tasuki

@Reanfan7 I have to agree with @Octane here especially with people who have older phones and such. We have it in the rules where we ask that users not post excessive images. I would think of you people who use an unconventional way of access this site would understand that.

My Backlog

KidRyan

Tasuki wrote:

@get2sammyb @ToddlerNaruto Couldn't we just use PS4's party option to chat while we game? That's what my friends and I do when we game.

I can see why a discord type thing would be an idea for NL since Nintendo doesn't have voice feature within their consoles, but I feel for Pushsquare it would just be a waste since as I said we can do that now over PSN. Plus if we had one that's one more thing we would be responseable for and someone would have to mod.

Does PS3 also have voice features? Not everyone on PushSquare has a PS4, even after the recent $200 BF/CM sales.

get2sammyb wrote:

I've got to be honest with you, I don't fully know what Discord is. I need to look into it all more.

Discord is another Instant Chat program like Skype, but superior, more lightweight, less power hungry, better/more extensive features and options etc.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

themcnoisy

Is there anyway ignoring other users could have a second acknowledgment, ive pressed it accidentally a few times now and had one of my pals on the ignore list over the last week and am unsure why.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kidfried

@themcnoisy Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I've had that too! :')

A 'confirm("Are you sure?")' should be more than enough indeed.

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@Kidfried yup exactly this. No one annoys me enough to ignore right now. Even blp software. Has he been banned?

themcnoisy

@KratosMD @Wesker Haha that makes sense. Wondered who that was lol.

Kidfried

@Wesker Reading his comments last week reminded me of him last week. I remember asking myself: where did that guy/gal/etc go? Makes total sense indeed.

@ToddlerNaruto I'm not very actively using Discord right now, but I'd totally participate in a Push Square channel, given its moderated as well as the site is.

Kidfried

Tasuki

@Kidfried Unfortunately I couldn't guarantee that. For one thing I don't even own a PC let alone know anything about it. I don't know if any other of the staff members would be interested but that's up to them.

My Backlog

Kidfried

@antdickens May I suggest a change for the forums? When I'm on my phone and go to a discussion board (most often PS4), I'd like to be able to go the latest reply easily.

In the rightmost row for every thread title you can see who started the topic. That is pretty irrelevant information for someone visiting the PS forums.

Rather I'd see information about who posted last in the thread, including a link to the latest post. An example like this can be found on the forum homepage.

I hope you understand what I mean (I always find it difficult to talk about interface stuff) and don't know if it would be a difficult thing to do, but it would make visiting the forums on my phone a much more comfortable endeavour.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic