Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,116

Milktastrophe

The scrolling article ad thing at the top of the homepage is broken on mobile. It expands off the side causing horizontal scrolling. It doesn't happen immediately, like 5 or 10 seconds after the page finishes loading.

Untitled

Edited on by Milktastrophe

Milktastrophe

KidRyan

get2sammyb wrote:

@KidBoruto That's so weird, I can't even find this article in the database anymore. Hm, I'll have to ask the others next week if they can remember what we did with this.

Have you heard back from the team yet? I'm curious as to what happened to the original article/guide.

"All Upcoming PS5, PS4 Events, Live Streams, and Press Conferences"

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Avalanchee

Hi!
Recently discovered this gem of a website (mostly thanks to Sacred Symbols) and added it to my RSS reader.
I noticed that the RSS entries lack a central image. It makes the posts far less readable compared to other feeds on my reader. A header image built into the post would make it easier to understand what the post is about from a quick glace.
The actual articles on the website already carry images, so it's just a matter of embedding them into the RSS HTML.

Was wondering if something like that is possible or it would be too complex for your CMS.

Thanks and great to be here!

Avalanchee

PSN: Avalancheese

stvevan

regular cleanse of old comments on the weekly articles..... releases, stock etc

stvevan

Milktastrophe

Can you add a way to hide Time Extension articles? There seems to be more and more of them popping up on Push Square cluttering the article listing these past few weeks.

Edit: can someone tag me once this fixed? Until then I'm going to look for another site to get my playstation news from.

Edited on by Milktastrophe

Milktastrophe

Tasuki

@Milktastrophe That seems to be a new feature on all their sites. Time Extension will have articles from Push Square, Nintendolife, and Pure Xbox. Nintendolife will have articles from the other sites as well and the same with Pure Xbox.

I guess it's to drum up more traffic on the other sites.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Th3solution

@Milktastrophe @Tasuki @kyleforrester87 Yeah, pretty sure these are all partner sites under the same parent company. So I don’t think there would be an option to hide them. I don’t mind them too much and have clicked on a couple of the articles out of curiosity.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yep, look at the bottom of any Push Square web page and you will see a list sites under the same umbrella.

Don't really see the issue though. Just don't click on the article if you don't want to read it. It is not like I'm reading every article on the front page of Push Square, and nor would I expect everyone of them to be of interest to me. 🤷‍♂️

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Fight_Teza_Fight

@antdickens @get2sammyb Hey guys any thoughts on adding Poll options to the forum?

Just going off view counts on threads a lot of people view them, but are perhaps hesitant to leave a comment? I know I lurked the site for a year before I signed up!

Would be a nice feature to have.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@antdickens Nice. Good to know😃

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Kidfried

@antdickens Since you've fulfilled my biggest wish for the site (supporter mode), I have two new ones! Just ideas of course, but I'd love to have them.

I love the Time Extension articles that pop on here now and again. I don't really visit Pure Xbox or Nintendo Life much, but I'd love to be redirected towards them whenever they post something that might be of interest to me. For example: Nintendo Life had a review for The Last Worker (also on PS5), which Push Square did not. Seems almost wasteful!

Another thing is I'd love to be able to leave a like on the forums, like in comments. (And I think the forums would even benefit from being able to see who liked a post, for the community over there is small and friendly enough.)

Kidfried

antdickens

@Kidfried good suggestions — we've been meaning to link up reviews on game pages for multi-platform games... just need to get around the issues like "Resident Evil 2" being very different games on PS5 and N64 for instance. But we will do it. Likewise, likes in forums will come at some point when we redevelop the forums. Thanks again for supporting and the suggestions!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic