Forums

Topic: Error code CE-41839-5

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Battlefieldrei

My PlayStation all of a sudden started giving me this error code and will not start my Battlefield app.
It is the only game played on the console so I can understand why this suddenly occurred. I've deleted the game and reinstalled it and updated but still the same problem occurs.
Has anyone seen this before because I cannot find anything online about this and it just started

Edited on by antdickens

Battlefieldrei

RogerRoger

@Battlefieldrei According to an official EA help page, this code indicates a corrupted game file, meaning something went wrong with a patch update. It also says that, if re-installing the game doesn't work, then you should rebuild your PS4's database.

That's where you start your PS4 in Safe Mode (shut it down completely, then press and hold the power button until it beeps a second time) and then connect your controller via USB to select the appropriate option in the menu you'll subsequently see. Do not select anything other than "Rebuild Database" otherwise you might lose all of your save data.

And with respect, all of this was literally the first result when I put the code into Google.

Nevertheless, best of luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Battlefieldrei

@RogerRoger
Thank you kindly for responding.
I did that before and it didnt work but I will try it again. Playstation or EA havent helped so I'm really confused on what to do for it came out of nowhere right while I was playing.

Battlefieldrei

RogerRoger

@Battlefieldrei Ah. Well, here's hoping second time's the charm.

Sony Support is currently inactive during the global pandemic, and I'm assuming EA will be the same for the duration, so if you're unsuccessful I guess you'll have to wait it out.

Fingers therefore crossed.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.