Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 5,561 to 5,579 of 5,579

KilloWertz

@colonelkilgore Yeah, the PS3 was quite a time for gaming. There's been so much to play between PS5 games and PS4 backlog that I haven't played as much as I would like to on the PS3 that I found in my basement last year, but I still have it hooked up and plan on going back to it eventually. I have several games I'd love to play over again on it that I played back in the day on the 360 (like both the Dragon Age series and Fallout series).

@CaptD Yeah, Andy Serkis was the main character Monkey. The characters and the story were the definite highlights that help push it through the massive technical issues. That and it somehow still remains very playable regardless.

A remake of Enslaved would be amazing and actually needed (unlike a lot of ones nowadays), but would be almost impossible given that Ninja Theory is owned by Microsoft and Enslaved was published by Namco.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer @Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder @HallowMoonshadow I just completed Demon's Souls Remake. Took me ages of farming but I did it. As I was saying to Jimmer & Sol this will be my last FromSoft Souls game as I haven't been too good at the recent entries in the series (the games after Bloodborne) and the deviation from the classic formula has put me off them as well. So this is a momentous occasion for me. End of an Era.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@CaptD I don’t think it’s so much to do with stress with Fallout… it’s probably just that I’ve had enough of it. I’m noticing that a lot now, once I’ve put around 50 hrs into something I just wanna move into something else.

@Malaise and that’s just the next month and a half tbh… I have about 15-20 more ps3 classics that I want cleared before 2024 is done. And… welcome to the forum buddy 👍

@KilloWertz agreed mate, 360/ps3 was some era to be fair… an era I hardly scratched the surface of at the time too, so it’s nice to have a chance to explore it now.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@Black_Swordsman Well done dude! I hope FromSoftware return to something that gels with you more, or you find a similar experience from other games in the genre. Umbasa.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Black_Swordsman Congrats, mate! What a ride these older From games are. Who was your favorite boss/area?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

AgentCooper

@colonelkilgore Sounds perfect mate, anywhere on the must visit list or just see what's in the price range? My wife and I are finally going on holiday alone for the first time this year, I'm super excited.

Enslaved is another great (somewhat) forgotten classic, which unfortunately never finished. I think I hit a difficulty spike at the time and walked away. Enjoy anyway!

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

colonelkilgore

@Bundersvessel well, we’ve been together 20 years next year (and engaged for the vast majority of that time)… we’ve always liked the idea of getting married in Hawaii, so ideally there. If not though, somewhere hot, dry and steeped in a distinct and individual culture would fit the bill.

Enjoy your break buddy… having partied up with you a fair few time the last couple of years, it sounds like you and the missus have earned it 😉. Where you going anyway?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@CaptD cheers buddy… and yeah Bogna is currently a close second if Hawaii doesn’t pan out

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Huge congrats! I know these games have meant a great deal to you. I’ll appreciate the moment with you in solidarity.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Penetrator was my favourite boss. The assist from Biorr made the fight much more enjoyable ,as it was my only experience of co-op within the game, as I didn't summon, it stood out from the rest. Plus it was a really fun fight, similar to Dark Souls level of Old School gaming. Maneaters was a close second and the favourite area for me as a whole was the Tower of Latria. You?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

AgentCooper

@colonelkilgore That's lovely, a suitably beautiful setting for such a momentous occasion. Bognor would be sound too. My wife and I plan to renew our vows in Japan if we ever get there.

As for holiday, we're off to Tavira, a little town in Portugal. We took the kids last year but couldn't really appreciate the place as much as we would have liked.

Edited on by AgentCooper

colonelkilgore

@Bundersvessel nice dude, that sounds lovely. I love a quiet little known oasis much rather than holiday-maker central for sure. And it sounds like you’ll have it all planned out having been there under different circumstances previously. In the words of my nation… it’ll be lush 😉

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Black_Swordsman It’s been a while but I typically enjoy the castle types of settings so I liked the opening archstone levels like the Gates of Boletaria, Inner Ward, Lord’s Path. The underground and crypt like levels are more confusing and claustrophobic. And the swamp like areas are so annoying because of the environmental effects.

There’s several great bosses, but I would name Adjudicator as one that comes to mind because of its great design and the Storm King boss was great because of its uniqueness.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

AgentCooper

@colonelkilgore It is rather beautiful and relatively unspoilt, particularly for the south. I have family in Portugal and have been going there for over 30 years but on this occasion our visit is on a strictly need to know basis 😉

Future congratulations on 20 years by the way, just in case I forget 👍

nessisonett

No f***ing way Midnight Suns ends on a cliffhanger. I really enjoyed it too, but now it’ll be forever left open.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

Just finished Star Wars Jedi: Survivor on Series X after 30 hours of playtime. The endgame was an absolute drag, the game prepares you for what is seemingly the final boss and then it turns out there's like five more hours of the game. The devs did a very poor job of setting the right expectations for the player, as hearing stuff like that and it not turning out to be true will make you feel like the game is going on for far longer than it should be.

Anyway, the game itself was fantastic, even though it came with a lot of frustrations. At one point it felt like every time I played a session, I was going to get frustrated. Either because of the exploration aspect, which is pointless early on when you don't have all your abilities, or because of poor game design, like not knowing where to go as the path forward is a small gap in the wall that is not obvious.

What I liked about the game was how much stuff there was to do. There are so many side activities, like gardening or a strategy board game, that I never touched on because I just wanted to focus on the story. But I can definitely see myself spending dozens of hours more on this game if I truly wanted to. You definitely get a lot of bang for your buck, which is great.

All in all, I enjoyed my time with the game. Still can't believe that I only paid €6 to play through it, which is more than worth it.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Zuljaras

Just finished the story in Fallout New Vegas. I chose the path of Mr. House! It was a really good game but somehow, I liked Fallout 3 better. Definitely in the minority here

Voltan

I've finished Hi-Fi Rush and loved it (last boss was pretty hard). Unfortunately the trophies in this one are incredibly grindy so I will not be pursuing them.

Also finally finished the rest of Frog Detective

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic