A big Dragon Ball FighterZ update is set to launch this week, on the 16th March. The patch will fix a bunch of different character-specific bugs, while also introducing Z-Union.
Z-Union essentially lets you join a fan club based around your favourite character, and you get rewards for doing so. The longer you stay loyal to your fighter, the better the rewards will become. Piccolo FTW.
Perhaps best of all, though, the update will finally give you the option of simply joining an offline lobby when you first boot the game up. Currently, you're forced into an online lobby even if you're just looking to play versus, arcade, or story. It's a pain in the neck that's thankfully being treated.
Anyway, here are the patch notes:
- REPLAY CHANNEL: To enable implementation of the below gameplay adjustments (see “GAMEPLAY” section), recorded data from Replay Channel will be erased
- WORLD MATCH: Changed rematch system to 3 matches in both Ranked and Casual World Match
- RING MATCHES: Improved match-making and server stability
- SSGSS GOKU: Fixed a bug that makes “x10 Kaioken Kamehameha” combo continue even if the opponent gets away from the attacks
- CAPTAIN GINYU: Fixed a bug that makes Ginyu Force members collide with the opponent character and sometimes interrupts the latter’s attacks
- NAPPA: Fixed a bug that makes Saibamen collide with the opponent character and sometimes interrupts the latter’s attacks
- ALL CHARACTERS: Fixed a bug that makes characters float in the air if Dragon Rush Clash happens when landing from mid-air back step
- ALL CHARACTERS: Fixed a bug that makes main characters say the wrong name when calling a Z-Change or Z-Assist
- ALL CHARACTERS: Fixed a bug that alters the hit box of Z-Assist characters under certain circumstances
- HIT/SSGSS GOKU/SSGSS VEGETA: Fixed a bug that triggers Z-Change voice over dialogues instead of Z-Assist ones
- Z-UNION: Added Z-Union feature that enables players to join “Unions” (fan clubs) of their favorite character and get special rewards. And the longer you stay in a Union, the better the rewards become.
- GAME LOBBY: Added the possibility to leave the Lobby by using the stairs at the entrance
- OFFLINE LOBBY: Added option to enter the Offline Lobby from title screen
Sound good? Patiently wait for the Broly and Bardock release date in the comments section below.