Sony Fires Off Five Scorching inFAMOUS: Second Son Screens

Smokin' hot

If the summer weather has left you melting like a Popsicle in a microwave, then we recommend steering well clear of these smouldering inFAMOUS: Second Son screens. The images, which publisher Sony coughed up earlier today, show puerile protagonist Delsin Rowe unloading a handful of, er, fiery firepower on a selection of unsuspecting DUP grunts. They also illustrate a heated scene between the hatted hero and his disapproving sibling.

The hotly anticipated title’s due out early next year on the PlayStation 4. We recently got to check out a hands-off demo of the sandbox adventure, which warmed our cockles no end. For more on the game, point your perspiring peepers through here. And, of course, don’t forget to check out the new images embedded in this article.

ObviouslyAdachi

ObviouslyAdachi said:

What's the deal with screenshots? I'm not trying to sound like a downer, but screenshots do nothing for me. They are only indicative of graphics or gameplay about half of the time. I mean, unless they reveal secrets, I don't see the point.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

These are gorgeous.

Off topic, but Sammy, did we get out first locked thread on this site today?

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

I enjoy sreenshots. They may not always represent the final game, but compared to (youtube) videos, they offer an idea about the visuals of the game without compression.

@TheRealBatman Sure works for me. ;)

Dathon

Dathon said:

Is this game and all PS4 games finally going to run in full 1080p with good anti-aliasing? I hate the jaggies and lower resolution found on most PS3 games.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@Dathon Well, that's what developers seem to aim for. Afaik, every game announced so far runs in native 1080p. As for the anti-aliasing...guess we have to wait and see...but the PS4 is powerfull enough to master this level of graphics, so I'm optimistic.