Chill Out with the Ice White PSP-E1000

Frosty

There’s life in the old PlayStation Portable just yet. Despite the Vita being readily available worldwide, Sony has announced a new iteration of its cheap and cheerful PSP-E1000 line.

The super chilled Ice White system is set to launch on European store shelves in July for a lowly £89.99. For those unfamiliar, the PSP-E1000 is a durable version of Sony’s debut handheld designed specifically with children in mind.

The PSP continues to sell reasonably well in parts of continental Europe (Invizimals is a smash-hit in Spain, for example) so we suppose releasing a new hardware colour makes some sense. Still, you can’t help but feel that Sony should be placing all of its attention on the struggling Vita for now.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

I don't really get the point of this thing other than Sony fullfilling demand on the cheap. A Slim & Lite can be had new for the same price, as a consumer why would you opt for the E1000?

DrCruse

DrCruse said:

I'd get one if it came out in America, because I need a cheap replacement for my current PSP.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Am I the only person who saw the squared-off picture on the homepage as a Wii U controller?

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

@JavierYHL @DrCruse As I said, have a look around, you can get S&Ls for the same money. You know, the ones with WiFi and Bluetooth and video out and a better screen and nicer buttons and . . .

belmont

belmont said:

PSP E1000 has in fact better screen than the 2000,3000. It has the PSPgo one, but in the size of the 3000 model.

isnchz

isnchz said:

"Still, you can’t help but feel that Sony should be placing all of its attention on the struggling Vita for now."
Not at all. I personally (as probably millions of other PSP gamers who are planning to replace their devices) welcome this move.

More "minis" games would be great too.