Call of Duty Gunning for PlayStation Vita This Year

Game changer

Love it or hate it, Call of Duty is the biggest gaming brand in the world right now. So naturally all eyes are on Activision’s already announced entry in the FPS blockbuster series for PS Vita. But when can we expect to get our hands on the title? “In the autumn,” according to Sony’s senior vice president of brand marketing, Guy Longworth.

Longworth dropped the snippet in an interview with GameTrailers, adding that he expects the title to be a “game changer for the platform”. Exactly what he meant by the phrase is unclear, but it’s obvious Sony is putting a lot of faith in Activision’s ability to craft the first worthwhile portable Call of Duty experience.

It’s still unknown whether Call of Duty on the PlayStation Vita will be its own exclusive title or a port of an existing release. Personally, we’re hoping for something original that takes full advantage of the platform.

Let us know if you’re excited to play Call of Duty on the Vita in the comments.

[via gametrailers.com]

DrCruse

DrCruse said:

I honestly don't care one bit about COD. I much prefer cartoony and lighthearted games.

Blaze

Blaze said:

Hmmmm, COD reinventing the wheel? Doubtful to say the least...

@Blaze Personally I'm hoping they take the Unit 13 approach. Short, snappy missions with a leaderboard focus would be perfect for Vita.

Dak_n_Jaxter

Dak_n_Jaxter said:

I'm no longer really a fan of COD, but the fact of a mass multiplayer shooter on a handheld would technically be a game changer...

goldgin

goldgin said:

Yeay, COD I can play when my wife occupies the TV, i.e. all the time!!! "Game changer" for me.

UNC5052

UNC5052 said:

As much as I don't like COD, if it would bring more Vita sales, I would welcome it. What would really be good would be a Battlefield game.

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

COD on Vita? what I had no idea this was gonna happen I mean wah????

I gotta give actvision a hand though. They are the greatest video game thieves I've ever seen >.>

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

If this is a carbon copy of the next Call of Duty title, that features cross platform play; this will be a game changer. I hope so too!

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I am not a fan of the Call of Duty series but having this game on the Vita should sell some systems for Sony. I'm not sure if this will be the "game changer" Sony is hoping it will be. If this version is solid then it should convince people to spend their hard-earned cash on a new Vita system. However, if it just ends up being a watered-down port then I can see people passing on it and sticking with the console version.