Haruki_NLI

Anyone gonna mention Metro Redux?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Knuckles-Fajita

Why? Just more old ports. Good for padding out the library or for Nintendo-only people, I guess, but they sell for a few dollars a pop in sales, and most people who care about them have played them already.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

And the Metro series is pretty bad in my opinion (okay I only played 2 of them).

Bravely Default 2 though. I’m all over that. Releasing 2020, is that right? Worldwide, you think? I don’t think the last 2, the first in particular, made it over the very quickly following a Japanese release but I could be wrong? I imagine it’ll be E3 before we hear more.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah Because it's still a notable release? Port or not.

Significant physical release, both games on one cart or separately on the eShop, close to release, and probably will run well being done in-house.

Doesn't matter if the game is "old". It's still a major release within the context of the platform, what this thread is about.

nessisonett

@KratosMD The Joy-Cons are the reason I just don’t play the Switch that often. They really cramp my hands in handheld so I mostly play on TV holding them like the Wiimote and Nunchuck. FPS games are hard enough with the tiny inaccurate sticks and the digital triggers take all the weight out of firing. At least the HD rumble’s cool, I’m really looking forward to the DS5’s adaptive triggers and improved buzzy thingy.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@Knuckles-Fajita

It might be an important release to you, but I don't really care about it. Thus, I feel no need to talk about it. The system has already received a number of far more demanding and improbable ports of games like DOOM 2016, Wolfenstein: TNC, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Dragon Quest XI, and The Witcher 3, so Metro is something to just toss onto the pile. I'm not saying it's wrong to be excited for it, but it's hardly some sort of massive, game-changing release that you'd expect people to be gabbing about on here. Besides, what counts as an important release differs from person to person when you get to random third party stuff. Shantae and the Seven Sirens is a highly anticipated release for me, but just some random indie platformer for other people. It won't surprise me if I don't notice a lot of other people talking about it, even if, to me, it's a "notable release." You dig?

Edited on by Ralizah

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah Well much like the buzz around various other games, I figured I'd drop it in here, see how people would react to it's announcement.

Evidently with the sarcastic excitement of the deceased. Makes me wonder why I bother

mookysam

@Knuckles-Fajita Hmm, is an old port of a remaster collection that notable? It's certainly nice for Nintendo-only gamers who may want to experience the series, but otherwise it's a genuine shrug. As @Ralizah notes there have been far more impressive ports.

@KratosMD I haven't actually played an FPS on the system, but the digital triggers could potentially be an issue for some games. In any case, my feelings are that if I play on the TV I may as well play on the PS4, and in handheld mode I find the console uncomfortable enough to hold as it is, especially when both sticks are used.

Anyhoo, who does everyone think might be in the next Fighters Pass in Smash Bros.? I'm not that fussed about Byleth and have no idea who she even is. While I feel that Fire Emblem as a whole is a little overrepresented, some of the characters are among my favourite fighters - especially Marth and Corrin.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam Dante would be fantastic. The whole styles setup would work well plus he’s been in fighting games before. I’d personally love to see someone out of left field such as Chibi-Robo or Viewtiful Joe.

Ralizah

Don't most games still use different triggers for aiming and shooting? I don't know why analog vs digital would matter with regard to the joycon sticks in shooters.

IMO I find aiming in any game without gyro fine-tuning to be inaccurate and uncomfortable. Which is probably why, if I ever did get Metro on console, it'd be the Switch version.

Edited on by Ralizah

mookysam

@nessisonett Chibi-Robo would be pretty great! Aside from an electric attack his cord could be a whip and help him reach ledges. Plus he's so darn cute. I think Dante could be an interesting character too. Perhaps like a heavier Joker given the mix of sword and gun usage. I'm still hoping for Tetra from Wind Waker. Rather hoping for something quite random and unexpected. Just scanning my shelf quickly Red from Solatarobo stuck out. Wouldn't say no to Master Chief (however unlikely) but have no idea what his move set would be. 😂

@Ralizah Some games do utilise analogue triggers to determine fire rate, depending on how much pressure is placed on the trigger.

Black Lives Matter

JohnnyShoulder

@mookysam I've never played the game and I doubt it would ever happen, but I think Spider-Ham would be a good fit!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RR529

A lot of topics today!

Thanks to the skip travel I figure I'm probably good, but is there a point in Torna where you get locked out of visiting past areas to complete quests/level up? I'm holding on to all my extra exp (last time I checked I can make everyone in my party jump 10 levels if I want, but I want to build even more up first), but am nervous about closing in on the end and loosing access to the campfires.

When it comes to the next Smash fighter's pass Sora (Kingdom Hearts) is my number one choice, but due to the Disney connection I just don't see it happening. Sure, they could give him a neutral keyblade like Oathkeeper, use a KH original world for the stage (Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, etc), and feature only KH original characters (or the KH versions of the FF characters) as spirits, but that wouldn't really be true to the spirit of the series, and since Sakurai loves going all out when it comes to accurately representing a series, I don't think those are sacrifices he'd be willing to make.

Other than Sora, I'd love to see Shantae, Rex & Pyra/Mythra (XC2), Paper Mario, Akira Howard (Astral Chain), and Amaterasu (Okami).

Also, It's interesting to see the aprehensiveness here about playing FPS on Switch, if only because on NL there's a community of players who swear they can't go back to playing FPS on other consoles due to the lack of gyro support (which apparently even most notable 3rd party shooters support on Switch). Different perspectives and all that.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@RR529 I too would love to see Sora but seeing the atrocious support the FF series has in Smash (only two songs!) makes me very anxious that even if they did add him, they just wouldn’t do him justice. Plus, as you say, the ties to Disney would prove rather awkward to implement as they couldn’t just ignore a massive part of the series, including Donald and Goofy.

Rudy_Manchego

I am all in for Bioshock on Switch as I am a sucker for rebuying those games!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

mookysam

@KratosMD @RR529 Ameterasu would be great. The majority (all?) of the non-human characters are anthropomorphic, so a four-legged fighter could bring a really interesting dynamic. Plus I'd love to see what the stage would be like.

Sora feels like a pretty good bet. I can picture his final smash being a fairground attraction from III. Definitely need more gun-based characters though!

Black Lives Matter

Haruki_NLI

A four-legged fighter already exists.

He throws clay pigeons and shoots people

mookysam

@Knuckles-Fajita Forgot about Duck Hunt Duo. 😂 More would still be cool though hey.

Black Lives Matter

RR529

Finished up defeating all the Unique Monsters (optional bosses) in Torna tonight! By far the toughest was a level 48 deer monster that was absolutely kicking my butt even though my entire party was nearly 20 levels higher than it at level 66 (I think it had a bucking attack that would nearly one-shot anyone positioned behind it). It's difficulty really suprised me because none of the other Unique Monsters gave me nearly as much trouble (including a giant level 55 Manta Ray, that I managed to easily defeat even with an incomplete party after someone fell off a cliff early on in the fight).

Anyhow, now that I've done that and have completed all the sidequests as well, I think I'm going to take on the final boss. The only extraneous activity I haven't done is fight the Golden Monsters.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic