Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,660

Thrillho

@KALofKRYPTON I read that and thought you were talking about Assassin's Creed 4. That series has certainly changed since I last played it.

Thrillho

KALofKRYPTON

@Thrillho Ha!

I'd imagine Assassin's Creed: Air Force would end up like the in-air dragon jump kills in Lair.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@Thrillho @KALofKRYPTON I also was thinking โ€˜Assassins Creed 4โ€™ there for a minute. I thought maybe a typhoon was a ship you could buy though. Like a boat. ๐Ÿ˜†

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution @Thrillho
For whatever reason, I'm reminder that I still have a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X that I bought for Assault Horizon I've never tried on the PS2... Going to have to (literally) dust that off and give it a shot!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @Th3solution @Thrillho

"While under cover, enemies will not detect you..."
Untitled

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Hahaha - I think it's China, or - 'Tchiy-na' if you prefer

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger @Thrillho What, is there something in that picture? All I see is a nice grassy hillside and a landing strip. ๐Ÿ˜‰

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution @RogerRoger I reckon those 'hills' are hiding something...

KALofKRYPTON

Seriously though. So glad I went back in - properly suffering 'just one more mission' syndrome! I'm being very sensible though.

Also, it looks great on an older LCD over component.

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Looks a bit smoky over there... Big Boss?

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger You were probably still at school when AC4 came out, soo . . .

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I was chasing freshers hahaha

Tjuz

I've been playing Dreamfall: The Longest Journey since yesterday. I'd say I'm about 6 hours in? I actually really, really enjoy it so far. Been playing on PC, but it's also available on the original XBOX. I don't think I've ever been this intrigued and into a game's story since... Mass Effect? It's really well written and very well paced. Some frustrating moments, mostly with controls and some minigames (damn those symbols), but otherwise a very enjoyable experience so far. I find myself wanting to find everything and converse with everyone, just to piece together the story of these worlds without relying on main story exposition. It's very well set up, and the way they introduce you to them and gradually add different layers on top of the known lore is great. I'm really getting sucked more and more into these worlds as I play. I hope the main story picks up a bit more soon-ish, but so far I'm far from getting bored. Some fun moments of choices in it too, although nothing too major (yet). Definitely give it a try if you're looking for a fun adventure game with a great story and characters. The puzzles aren't very challenging however, so if that's solely what you look for in an adventure game then I don't think it's for you.

Tjuz

Quintumply

A little late to the party on this one, but I've been massively enjoying The Messenger on Switch. I love the music, the 8/16-bit presentation, the self aware humour, the super tight gameplay, and the simple but effective story. It's also surprisingly long โ€” I was expecting it to wrap up a while ago, but I'm still going. It's a very well made 2D action adventure that's really hit the spot for me. Well worth a go!

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Tasuki

I just started Forza Horizon 4 on the Xbox One and what a gorgeous looking game, mind you I am playing on an original Xbox One and not the S or the X models. This is my first foray into the Forza Horizon games and so far I am enjoying it. I won't lie it's a bit overwhelming for someone new like me right now but I am going to enjoy learning this game and playing it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki you know i was looking at that game but i'm more of a standard racer like the traditional FORZA and Gran Turismo games but would you say it was worth it?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo If you have the game pass I say it's worth checking it out at the very least. Now was it worth it? For me it was but then again I don't like traditional racers like Forza Motrosport or Gran Turismo.

If you like open world games and racing games then yeah it's worth it IMO. There is alot to do in it besides racing. For example if you find these barns you get cars which you just by exploring and finding them. It's a great game to just relax with if you don't feel like racing or want to take a break from it.

As options go you can make it as sim or arcade as you want. So there that too.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki i might give it a go but i don't have Game Pass

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

Got my Typhoon in AC4 ๐Ÿ˜

What a plane!
Untitled

mookysam

Got round to starting Metal Gear Solid 3 earlier this week. The music is brilliant, especially the tune that plays when you're on alert, and the James Bond inspired title theme seemed very fitting given the 1960's Cold War setting.
As for gameplay, the little changes and additions here and there are welcome and make this quite a jump from Sons of Liberty; in particular the cure menu and need to eat to maintain stamina add a layer of complexity. The lack of a radar certainly makes things more difficult. The general aesthetic of the menus and radio is also very nice, although I found the animation of Snake eating a snake a bit gross, mostly because of the noise! At the moment I'm a little into the Snake Eater portion of the game having just battled Ocelot and then jumped into a cave to escape a swarm of hornets. I like the themes so far and the enemies are as charismatic as in previous entries. Enjoying it so far.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic