As promised, Blizzard has released a long list of changes coming to Diablo 4 when the game launches on the 6th June. These adjustments — some of which are quite significant — are based on player feedback from the closed and open beta tests that happened last month. The developer stressed that it was going to take any and all feedback seriously, and that seems to be exactly what's happened.
A brief overview before we get stuck in: dungeons have been reworked in a bunch of different ways (and it all sounds great), character classes have been rebalanced, the user interface has been tweaked, and loads of bugs, gameplay criticisms, and quality of life improvements have been addressed.
Diablo 4 Beta Feedback Changes
One of the most common pieces of feedback we received is that players felt they were doing a lot of backtracking within certain dungeons. We have optimized multiple dungeons across all zones to minimize the need for backtracking. Here is a list of dungeons specifically in the Fractured Peaks zone which received layout updates:
- Caldera Gate
- Defiled Catacombs
- Derelict Lodge
- Forbidden City
- Hoarfrost Demise
- Immortal Emanation
- Kor Dragan Barracks
- Rimescar Caverns
- The chance for an Event to spawn inside of a dungeon has increased from 10% to 60%.
- To reduce the need to backtrack, small numbers of straggling monsters will seek out the player to help complete the Kill All Monsters objective.
- When Animus is gathered, the player and nearby allies will:
- Gain 10 Resource.
- Reduce all active Cooldowns by 1 second.
- Depositing Animus channel time was reduced from 3 to 0 seconds.
- The time to Rescue was reduced from 3 to 1.5 seconds.
- All Rescue objectives now drop a Health Potion upon completion.
- While carrying the Ancient's Statue, Bloodstone, Mechanical Box, or Stone Carving, you will receive a Momentum bonus granting a 25% move speed increase to you and nearby allies.
- Pedestals have had their channel time reduced from 2 to 0 seconds.
- Returning a Portable Object to its Pedestal now fully restores Health, Resource, Potions, and resets cooldowns for all nearby players.
- All doors will now generate a minimap ping when they are opened.
- All Structure Objectives in dungeons now have additional combat mechanics players must overcome.
- Effects like Stun and Freeze can be applied to Elite Monsters twice as long before they become Unstoppable.
- Reviewed class skills to confirm that all classes have access to sufficient skills that remove control impairing effects.
- Many Legendary Powers have had updates to their effectiveness.
- A flat 10% passive damage reduction has been added for the Barbarian Class. Some Skill Tree passives had their damage reduction effects reduced to compensate.
- The Whirlwind Skill now deals more damage and consumes more Fury.
- The Double Swing Skill Enhancement refunds its full Fury cost when used on Stunned or Knocked Down enemies.
- Companion Skills will now deal heavily increased damage.
- All Ultimate Skills have had their cooldowns reduced.
- Usability improvements have been made to Maul and Pulverize.
- Using a non-Shapeshifting Skill will transform a Druid back into their human form.
- Summoned Minions will die more often, requiring players to utilize Corpses more often.
- Many bonuses in the Book of the Dead have had their stats increased.
- The damage dealt by the Corpse Explosion skill has been reduced.
- The brightness of the Skeletal Warriors and Mages has been reduced.
- Upgrades for Subterfuge Skills have had their bonuses increased.
- Multiple passive Skills have had their bonuses increased.
- All Imbuement Skills have had their cooldowns increased.
- Charged Bolt’s damage was increased and the Mana cost to cast has decreased.
- Decreased the damage of Chain Lightning and reduced its effectiveness against Bosses.
- Decreased the cooldown for the Incinerate Skill’s Enchantment bonus.
- Firewalls will now spawn underneath enemies more frequently when using its Enchantment bonus.
- Increased the Lucky Hit chance for the Meteor Skill’s Enchantment bonus.
- Fixed an issue where the built-in Screen Reader was not reading key prompts, game options details, and other UI text.
- Fixed an issue where actions could not be bound to the mouse wheel.
- Fixed an issue where Evade couldn’t be bound to the right Analog Stick on controller.
- Chat will now display on the left side of the screen when using the centered action bar configuration.
- A character's stats will be displayed by default when players click the Materials & Stats button within their Inventory.
- The Move and Interact inputs can now be mapped to one button while the Primary Attack input is mapped to a secondary button.
- The sans serif font used in-game has been replaced with a new serif font.
- Fixed multiple issues that allowed bosses, like the Butcher, to become unresponsive.
- The Butcher has been re-evaluated for difficulty and will present a greater challenge in World Tiers III and IV.
- Bosses such as T’chort, Malnok, Vhenard, and others were reevaluated for mele character difficulty, resulting in changes to attacks and fight mechanics.
- Fixed an issue where Vampire Brutes using the Shadow Enchant affix would chain-cast Impale.
- Increased the chance for a dungeon Event to occur in Cellars.
- Cellars will now consistently reward a chest upon completion.
- Fixed an issue where Cellars would prematurely be marked as complete.
- Fixed an issue where the guaranteed elite monster would be absent from a Cellar.
GENERAL QUALITY OF LIFE
- Fixed an issue where players could increase attack speed by move-cancelling attacks early.
- Fixed an issue where characters weren’t immune and untargetable after loading into an area.
- The Reset Dungeon button has been disabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused Gale Valley and Serac Rapture to have less monsters than intended until the campaign quests in those territories was completed.
A lot of these changes seem quite positive to us, and it's obviously nice to see Blizzard pushing these adjustments through well ahead of the game's summer release. Do you like what you see? Let us know if you're planning a trip to hell in the comments section below.
They nuked the barbs again! Oh nooooo
@Blofse Barbs are extremely strong at max lvl so that nerf seems justified.
Some welcome changes here overall.
Haven't seen anything about increased monster numbers... they think this barren world is populated enough?
We’re going to be getting these articles on the regular, I reckon!
This is a tough one for me. I love Diablo and always have, plus this looks even better than 3. But for the first time in many years, FF is making a crazy strong case for a day one purchase and I don't want to buy two really long games at basically the same time.
@djlard under general quality of life? Or did they update it after you read the article...
I'm not liking the nerf to minion health. The minions themselves didn't really need a nerf. Especially if we're moving away from the fast play style of d3
Still don’t trust them after the mobile Diablo game. Suspicious that a few weeks after launch and likely positive reviews Blizzard will unleash pay to win micro transactions.
Really enjoyed the beta
Only thing that changed my mind on outright getting it was the always online and seasonal aspect of it. Just feels like chasing the carrot to me when games do that but I see the appeal for others.
>The Reset Dungeon button has been disabled.
So, no more easy Dungeon resets or what?
The demo was great but really good to hear about Druid improvements. I played til lvl 22 and found it to be pretty underwhelming. Looked cool though!
in Cobra Commander voice My minion army! They nuked the necromancer… raise more dead.
I am excited. Now playing little bit Diablo 3 to get in better ARPG shape, but cant wait for June.
Read all that and all that stuck with me is that they said 'less monsters' instead of 'fewer'. Stannis would be proud of me 😁
Mouse and keyboard support? Nah? Ok
Enjoyed the beta but it's nice to see them taking on what people have said. I did think the druid was a bit sucky so it'll be interesting to see how it shapes up. I won't ever get a day one again after the last battlefield debacle but I am hopeful to get it after the first few rounds of inevitable updates.
I do look forward to my wife and I mashing buttons to kill swarms of enemies!!
Tap here to load 15 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...