A new patch for Hogwarts Legacy is available now. The update – which will download and install automatically, assuming you have your PS5 in Rest Mode – fixes a broken Trophy, which prevented Collector’s Edition from unlocking properly. It also makes a variety of other optimisations and improvements to the Harry Potter title.
The full patch notes, as provided by Avalanche Software, are included below:
Hogwarts Legacy PS5 Patch 01.000.0004
- PS5 Patch 01.000.004
- Fixed issues with achievement data being properly pushed to Wizarding World portal after linking
- Added additional retry connections to WB Games server in the event session expired
- Fixed a trophy cap limit resolving the Collector's Edition Trophy not updating correctly. This will retroactively unlock and display all earned trophies earned by the player.
- Owl Mail
- Fixed an issue with mail not properly triggering a sequential mission
- World Events
- Fixed rare crash around certain locations where in-game World Events spawn
- Fixed a rare crash when respawning NPCs in the world
- Fixed crash with some NPC schedules
- Fixed issues with flickering occurring with a transparent head while hair is still present
- Updated localization text for additional content items
- Added Build version to first time EULA
- Fixed rare occurrence of mission descriptions not being displayed correctly
- Corrected VFX presentation of robe transformation
- Fixed a stability issue when skipping cutscenes
- Fixed a crash when playing cutscenes and cinematics
- Save Game
- Cleaned up autosaves properly when closing game
- Corrected a crash when save system was writing data
- Fixed error of rewriting last autosave slot
- Fixed an issue when restarting from last save around not being able to talk to a vendor after initial conversation.
- Performance and Stability
- Improved performance on Fidelity mode
- Fixed rare crash around hovering over the map
- Fixed issue with wind causing distortion and stretching of world assets
- Fixed a rare occurrence with material swapping
- Fixed a rare crash with map assets state
- Fixed Rare crash occurring with in-game world events
- Fixed a memory leak with global lighting system
- Fixed a crash when trying to solve a Flying Cabinet
Remember, if you’re aiming for the Platinum, you can find our Trophy guide for this title as part of our Hogwarts Legacy walkthrough. Has the patch fixed any problems you were having with the title? Let us know in the comments section below.
This message has been updated from a previous version to make clearer Push Square's stance on the topic:
Hogwarts Legacy does not exist in a vacuum. There are important discussions being had about the views and opinions held by the creator of the Harry Potter universe – views and opinions which we do not agree with.
Our goal is to create and foster a positive environment for people – all people – to discuss and celebrate video games, not to amplify ignorance or provide a forum for unconstructive arguments. As per our community rules, we do not accept any form of hate speech on our platform.
The Collector's Edition trophy was one issue that me and many others had so I'm glad to hear that it's been fixed. I probably just need to get one collectible and then it'll update.
There's also that one field guide page that is bugged in the Bell Tower wing that flies around but thankfully it doesn't count towards the collection.
I wish they'd patch in a way to fully edit your appearance again rather than just a few things.
Not fixed for me. Got a collectible and I jumped over 100 in the tally so thought it was fixed, but counted up and I’m still 14 short of the in game count.
Good to see fidelity mode getting some love. I usually play games in performance mode, but I was happy with HL fidelity mode so have been using it since launch. Looking forward to seeing how they’ve improved it even more.
Excellent news. Still haven't come close to completing it yet, but it's nice to see it's been finally patched.
To be really honest i've had none of the issues mentioned. Apparantly the patch went live days ago but mine only kicked in this morning so i'm not sure what that was about..maybe i have a weird glitch that holds up the updates?
No it hasn’t. Still crashing at seizure screen. Haven’t even got to enjoy playing the game because it simply crashes and either brings up report screen or turns the whole system off.
Removed - unconstructive
Have they fixed the bugged Field Guide page in the Bell Tower Wing? I'm still at 33/34 there.
@Leonhart Thank goodness I'm not the only one on here that is bothered by that damn glitched Field Guide page lol
@thefourfoldroot1 have you got the collection items from the butterflies, there are 14 more after the side mission.
@Northern_munkey think that was the xbox patch. This is the first on Playstation, but it was slightly delayed for some reason
Only a couple. Would that make a difference? (I’m guessing not if I only have two additional anyway).
Butterflies symbols only appear on map when you get very close to them, maybe you have only got close to two, I used a guide for the last ones, they spawn from set locations.
@thefourfoldroot1 Butterflies symbols only appear on map when you get very close to them, maybe you have only got close to two, I used a guide for the last ones, they spawn from set locations.
@Rob_230 ahhh that solves that..a poster on here said the other day it was live but didnt say which platform..cheers 👍
I’m not sure how that relates to my situation. I have counted all the numbers in the collection section and it is 14 higher than in the trophy tracker, meaning some things aren’t being tracked. Would this butterfly thing impact that?
@thefourfoldroot1 I don't know, when you mentioned 14, thought maybe it might be them, they were the last 14 I did, I received 14 conjuration collection items from them. My tracker stopped at 107.
Ah, just a coincidence in the numbers then. Thanks for the response but it doesn’t appear to be related. Just still got the same situation of all collection items not being logged as pre-patch, which might lock me out of the plat, annoyingly.
@Vil Haha yeah, no matter what I do it just stays at 33/34 Field Guide pages collected for the Bell Tower wing. Thankfully that none of the Revelio Pages have bugged out.
I wish they'd stop tracked quests automatically switching when getting a new quest on the way to one you're already trying to complete, it's so annoying.
@geierlacie sounds like one of the vents inside your ps5 is blocked (causing overheating). You have to take the fan out and clean inside with a compressed air or a long paint brush. Mine hasnt turned itself off once since i cleaned it.
Anyone get the ocassional 3-5 seconds of black screen when pulling up menus or fast traveling between locations?
@Jayslow finally got some things patched. It is definitely 98% playable but nothing like GOWR was. Think this is kind of to be expected from an extremely cross platformed game. Too many issues spread too far.
It’s so refreshing for a tripe A game to launch in a fully playable state! (I get PTSD just thinking about Cyberpunk). Per the previous post regarding DLC, I much prefer a well delivered primary product than DLC. What is wrong with us as consumers that we obsess about spending more money on an unfinished product than being happy with what we have??! DLC is always a negative as far as I’m concerned. If this game comes with all bells and whistles attached, that’s a plus. So far, Im enjoying the title.
Removed - discussing moderation
@Oriion 100% agreed on your viewpoint! In a perfect world all DLC would be free and not add to the story, because the base game is already super fleshed out.
Tap here to load 27 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...