Weirdly, the World Cup 2022 is a matter of days away now, and EA Sports is aiming to capitalise on the building enthusiasm with the addition of its officially licensed mode for FIFA 23. For those who missed the news earlier in the month, this will allow you to play real-life fixtures from the tournament in an attempt to predict the outcome – or setup your own fantasy World Cup 2022 bracket to see which nation triumphs. The update is completely free if you already own the game.
The update, available now, weighs in at around 3.7GB on PS5. We’ve included the full patch notes below, which also include some other smaller bug fixes and stability improvements:
FIFA 22 World Cup 2022 Patch Notes
- Added the FIFA World Cup 2022™ experience.
- Removed the previously existing Brazil team from Kick Off, Tournaments, Online Friendlies, and Online Seasons.
- The Brazil national team, featuring players competing in the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2022™, can be used in the FIFA World Cup 2022™ experience.
- Updated some commentary lines and celebrations.
Addressed the following issues:
- In some cases, Training Center Focus Areas did not update to take into account the selected Controller Settings preset.
- Addressed multiple stability issues that could occur.
Which team will you be guiding to World Cup 2022 victory with this anticipated update? Let us know if football’s coming home in the comments section below.