It's an overcast Wednesday morning, and we all know what that means: new PS5 firmware! Sony has just released the latest system software update for its current-gen console, weighing in at just over 1GB in size. So, what's the scoop on this one? What does the newest PS5 firmware actually do? Good news: it's a big one.
After a short stint in beta, this PS5 firmware update introduces lots of new features and improvements, including:
- Game Library gamelists (folders)
- Support for 1440p resolution
- Improvements to Game Base
- Improvements to Game Help
- Better access to in-progress Activities
- Compare 3D audio and regular stereo
This new firmware makes a couple of long-requested additions, so hopefully you're all pretty happy with this update. You can read a few more details over on the PS Blog. Will you be making use of these new and improved features? Let us know in the comments section below.