The updates just keep on coming for Horizon Forbidden West as Guerilla Games deploys patch 1.08, fixing many main quests, side activities, graphical issues, and performance flaws. The download weighs in at 677.9MB on PlayStation 5, so it won't be too long until you're back up and running in-game again.
And while this particular update doesn't fix the following problems, the Sony developer has confirmed it's looking into problems revolving around shimmering, sharpening, and screen saturation. Another issue on the list is fast travelling while inside a tornado, and one more is the lack of rewards from Black Box Collectibles. The team will continue to investigate these problems.
Listed below are all the patch notes for Horizon Forbidden West update 1.08.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘To The Brink’ where using Silent Strike on a quest-specific Bristleback would teleport the player to Chainscrape.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Dying Lands’ where Varl and Zo would sometimes idle outside of Plainsong and block progression.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Dying Lands’ where Aloy’s companions would not lead the way after restarting from a specific save.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Broken Sky’ where reloading a certain save could sometimes disable fast travel unintentionally.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Cradle of Echoes’ where loading a save created on the previous patch would cause Aloy to be stuck in the Base.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Thebes’ where Aloy’s breathing sounds were playing during a cinematic sequence.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘All That Remains’ where restarting from a certain save would cause Aloy to spawn in the Base and unable to leave.
- Fixed an issue in side quest ‘The Bristlebacks’ where Ulvund didn’t get the memo and stuck around in Chainscrape after the quest was completed.
- Fixed an issue in side quest ‘What Was Lost’ where Kotallo would sometimes become unresponsive when reloading from a specific save.
- Fixed an issue in side quest ‘Blood For Blood’ where Kavvoh and Arokkeh could not be interacted with in specific circumstances, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue in side quest ‘Forbidden Legacy’ where fast traveling during the Slitherfang encounter would cause the machine to not respawn, thus blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue in side quest ‘The Roots that Bind’ where the quest objective "Go to the Drumroot" would not complete after damaging the Widemaws from a large distance.
- Fixed an issue in errand quest ‘Call And Response’ where killing the enemies before receiving the objective to do so could block progression.
- Fixed an issue in Gauntlet Run, where passing the finish line in last place would result in a win in specific circumstances.
- Fixed several issues with specific Firegleam and Metal Flower icons not being displayed on the map.
- Fixed an issue where Firegleam icons would not be correctly removed from the map once the related activity was completed.
- Fixed an issue where fast travel would be disabled in specific circumstances when loading a save made while playing Machine Strike.
- Fixed an issue where the Machine Strike UI would briefly flicker at the end of a game.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy wouldn’t appear wet anymore after being in water.
- Multiple graphics fixes and improvements in cinematics.
- Multiple visual improvements in shadows and clouds.
- Fixed an issue where Photo Mode controls would be frozen when initiating Photo Mode during a swan dive.
Performance and Stability
- Multiple crash fixes.
- Multiple performance and streaming improvements in cinematics.
- Removed multiple unintentional loading screens and black screens.
- Fixed multiple instances of streaming and visual popping.
- Made several improvements to the NPCs’ movement and animations in settlements.
- Made it easier to tag individual components when using motion aiming and scanning machines.
- When picking up potions or tools that don't fit in your toolbelt anymore they are now moved to the stash.
- Several balancing changes to weapons and enemies.
- Fixed several instances where Aloy could get stuck in geometry.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘All Machine Types Scanned’ trophy could be easily missed during the final main quest ‘Singularity’.
- Fix for the mount call sometimes causing the flying mount to be spawned in undesirable positions and in rare cases be unreachable.
- Several datapoints that are located in areas that the player could not return to are now automatically unlocked upon the player leaving that space.
- Fixed multiple instances of specific music tracks getting stuck and repeating.
Is something that's been troubling you in Horizon Forbidden West now fixed with patch 1.08? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to have a gander at our Horizon Forbidden West guide.
That datapoints one will make a lot of people happy for sure.
Hopefully it applies to that one datapoint from the SoP errand.
Edit: It doesn't. Just a minor thing though. They'll fix it in time.
The only thing I would like to see is the option to have waypoints direct you as the crow flies, not to the nearest road that will take you there.
It’s a bit annoying to keep opening the map to make sure you are facing the right way, while running miles over open areas and your marker keeps directing you in the opposite direction to get back on a path.
Unless the option is already buried in the settings somewhere, then just ignore me. Haha.
EDIT: I would also like them to completely remove photo mode so I can actually get on with playing the game, rather than stopping every 3 minutes to do a photoshoot. Haha. Crazy how good this game looks.
was hoping for new game plus but was a few months before the first game got one.
I want new game plus and annouced DLC.
I just want them to turn down that extra loud shrieking mount whistle. But it's a damn beautiful game, just look at them unique outfits, weapons and machines.
@SoulChimera Lol it's been in HZD even. Choose "way pathfinder" or something and then you won't have to open the map repeatedly.
@SoulChimera When you set a waypoint, it appears on your compass as the crow flies. Just follow that.
Haven't had too many issues in 80+ hours of play. But two stand out for me here
"Firegleam icons would not be correctly removed...once completed"
"Made it easier to tag individual components when using motion aiming and scanning machines." I turned off gyro aiming because of this. Will try it again.
@SoulChimera As @TheArt said this is a setting since v1 and HZD. Though occasionally as the crow flies can be annoying too when you're looking for a specific climbable wall or similar.
Finished the game already and didn’t encounter many problems but there are some improvements here that will definitely be appreciated - like the firegleam on map thing and unlocking the inaccessible datapoints.
When will this sad era of incomplete games end? Companies now start to use "Patch notes" announcements as a form of advertising for their games lol ... It came out with lots of bugs but hey, buy it still, it's fixed now
@SoulChimera I wish more games used the golden trail from Fable 2. That never even had a map! You could just tell it where to lead you and it didnt matter if you wandered off because you could always just follow the trail back.
Ive actually fallen off horizon for now did the same with the first one played a decent amount and stopped for few months and started over. Guess i will do the same again its weird because its a great game but just hooked on gt7 at the moment, and just bought elden ring but only played a bit oc that. Hopefully by the time i get back to horizon it will be running great and most bugs gone, only had a few myself.
Other than fixing Performance Mode, which is still on the list to be fixed, Firegleam not getting removed from the map once you blew it up was one of the highest things on my list of things needed to be fixed. I'm glad they finally fixed that.
Hopefully the weapon "balancing" is a good thing and not a bad thing.
@themightyant @Stuffgamer1 @TheArt
Thanks. I brought it up because it worked like that in Horizon Zero Dawn. I'll check the settings again later. Must have missed the option to change the way the compass shows it.
I am 85 hours in and just now finding out you can swan dive?!?
Hope the Firegleam and metal flowers fix also fixes hunting for Greenshine slabs (it keeps trying to send me to where I've already taken one, and doesn't register that it's gone)
They seem to be pretty on it with these updates. Luckily I havent had any (major) bugs or issues but from what I've heard this'll make a few people happy Personally I think they should drop trying to improve that 60fps mode and move that manpower to the next job.
Gotta say, every time I start this game up I'm just left stunned by it detail. GG's Decima engine really is something special and this is just the start. Can't wait to see where they take Horizon next - it's morphing into something very close to Witcher (III) X Monster Hunter and that's a recipe for success in my book.
So glad they have fixed the Firegleam removal bug, as it can be immensely annoying revisiting an area that you are 99% certain you have already done, but that niggling 1% makes you return anyway. It plays havoc with my 'must have completed everything on the map' OCD...
The only real bug I ran into was when a bunch of machines had no body and only the parts that are removable were showing.
Gave me a good chuckle so it was worth it.
Hello! I have been playing this game for over 90 hours and haven’t found any major issues with game however there are some that you should take into consideration (cause they are super annoying ). First of all, I am so glad you fixed the firegleams however there is a new problem… Metal flowers that I have already completed now stay in the maps sometimes like firegleams used to. Secondly sometimes I lose my flying mount for no reason after teleporting to another campfire. And finally, idk if it’s a bug or not but it is impossible to get 100 % completion… the apex sentry scrounger doesn’t spawn anywhere and I have already did everything in the game and I mean everything ( even cleaning the fog everywhere, which I know wasn’t necessary but still something I did ) and I am still missing 0.98%. Considering there are 102 variants (I have seen people saying it’s 104 but I am only missing one and my stats say I got 101 ) unless the apex sentry scrounger is worth this much which I doubt cause it’s just 1 variant there is something bugged cause i have nothing else to do (besides getting all data points left which doesn’t count towards progression.
There's a couple side quests that I can think of that had issues. I don't remember they're names but there's one where you have to save some clans people that got stuck after a mudslide, which involves first destroying machines. One of the machines completely disappeared and halted progression, I had to travel out, then back again.
The other one was in a cauldron you fight a tide ripper or whatever that big loch mess monster thing is called. I was dodge rolling away from its attacks when I fell through and got stuck under the platform and couldn't get out.. had to reload from the last save and start the fight over again.
Hmm, downloading update took like 20 seconds. But 'copying the update file' took about 10 minutes. Everytime the same and i've only seen this with HFW, any other game updates lighting fast.
Does HFW have something weird in it's update process for this to happen?
@themightyant @Stuffgamer1 @TheArt
Found it. Changed it back to the “Explorer” setting in the Pathfinder section. I actually remember changing it to “Guided” when I first booted the game up, because I presumed that meant it would do it as the crow flies. Haha. My own fault I’ve been annoyed for the past 50 hours. Haha.
Thanks again for the tip!
"Fixed multiple instances of specific music tracks getting stuck and repeating."
Oh my god I hope this means I can finally continue the game cause this bug was disgusting.
After 67hrs into the game got my platinum on Monday. Finally get to start on Elden Ring
@savarunl it depends on the structure of the game itself and how the update file is packed.
This was blazing fast until some point on the ps4. The update process was then changed what probably made the update files itself smaller but copy/install process took way longer since then.
Not a major issue in my opinion.
@tofuman86 you realize that all games had bugs before the era of updates and patches right? If anything, it is a good thing that issues can be fixed post launch. Modern open world games are massive. Because of this, there will never be a completely bug free game. Post launch patches and support is a sign of a good developer. As long as the game is not shipped completely broken (PS4 version of Cyberpunk), I see this all as a positive for gamers.
Sometimes when I am in combat the audio of the machines and surrounding environment will mute. But Alloys breath and speaking is still audible.
I also can't activate the vista point tower in memorial grove.
Well if they haven't fixed the issue where Aloy talks non stop, I'll gladly avoid it.
Really enjoying it done most of the side content just got to the main quest all that remains & don't want it to end
I did fall through the bases floor last night & while she was endlessly falling into nothingness she said the rain feels good on my skin lol
How about fixing the black boxes glitch. The one that makes obtaining the Legendary "Wings of the Ten" Blastsling unobtainable?
I have a save now with one black box left to turn in, hoping that eventually I will ACTUALLY receive the weapon one of these times that I try to turn it in. This is a gamebreaker for me. My preferred load out utilizes the blast sling and was really looking forward to getting it. I'm 60 hours into the game and have completed the story, done the arena and rebel camps. I've gathered every other piece of gear that I wanted and this is fairly frustrating lol PLEEEEEEEEASE HEEEEEELLLLPPPP MMEEEEEEEEE!!! 🤣
I played 34 hours and loved it. Still not even halfway done with the game.
No major issues but I'm taking a break for a month or two so I can play the rest of the game with a bunch of patching done to make it an even better experience.
Anyone else not getting the trophy for upgrading the pouches ? I've upgraded them all to max level but the trophy's not unlocked
Just earned my platinum trophy last night. Loved the game and am thankful I didn't run into any of the issues listed.
@ would you kindly
Did you buy any of the food items in the game? If you haven't the option to upgrade food storage won't appear to upgrade untill you do. I ran into this issue thinking it was glitched as well.
@OMG_Waffles no I haven't but I'll do that now thanks
Hope it works mate! Good luck and enjoy Horizon!
I'm glad that I held off on playing this, waiting for most of the bugs/glitches to be resolved before I start the game.
I haven't played this yet, but has anyone who has played it been disappointed by it? I've seen lots of stories of people finding it a bit meh, and just more of the same.
Absolutely love the game, only have run into one issue but it's a bit of a big one although I'm not sure how common it has been with others. (Was an issue prior to update 1.08)
Gemini main story, completed it but the Sunwing override is still locked at the fabrication terminal.
@__jamiie I finished the game last night and although I enjoyed my time with it, I thought that the first game was so much better. It just felt too gamey in places and the story was a bit crap. The main antagonists were woeful, I thought.
I reported the bug awhile back which the ‘ancient relics’ quest level 10, it’s not being removed from my quest list.
I have completed it however did not receive the skill points, XP, or metal shards. It keeps trying to make me go there to the northern ancient machine site.
I have completed the quest after ancient relics, if I do return back to the northern machine site I am sometimes able to open up the hidden compartments but there is nothing inside them.
@Daleaf too many great games but I try to play one game at a time for various reasons. how's the haptic feedback and triggers in gt7?
Yea the haptics are great on it, and the triggers too when they tighten in certain situations when going around corners. Such a beatuy of a game i usually skip replays and things but on this been watching loads of them. Great game.
I've been having an issue where the soundtrack and other sound effects will periodically cut out. Machine noises, the focus search sound effect, Aloy's jump and dodge roll, and the soundtrack are all things that will cut out for long periods of time, cut back in for a moment, and vanish again.
Tap here to load 44 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...