Guerrilla Games confirmed earlier this week that it has a couple of patches in the works for the PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn, and just before the weekend rolls around, the first one can be downloaded. Update 1.01 contains just a couple of quick fixes to the game, but the developer promises that a more comprehensive one is on the way. It will arrive at some point next week. For more information, you can check out our thoughts through here.
The Horizon Zero Dawn PC update 1.01 patch notes are as follows:
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash if the SteamUI didn’t initialize properly on startup.
Functionality Issue Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Concentration and other slowdown mechanics wouldn’t work for everyone.
- Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving the game. We are still investigating other saved game issues as well.
- Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving screenshots in Photo Mode.
- Added improved diagnostic data collection when submitting a crash report.
- Fixed several backend issues.
- Fixed a video corruption issue for specific hardware. We’re continuing to look at other hardware configurations as well.