It's obvious that ANTHEM has both a content and loot problem, but it probably doesn't help matters when developer BioWare is removing cosmetic rewards from Stronghold chests itself. Elysian Caches were taken out of ANTHEM with today's 1.1.1 patch, with only a chance that they'll return at some point in the future.
The patch notes read:
- Fixed an error where Weapon and Components stat values were not displaying correctly.
- Fixed a problem where suit power level (rarity) was not correctly being calculated based on equipped items.
- Fixed an issue with Spanish audio in a conversation in the Sunken Cell stronghold.
- Fixed an issue with French audio in a conversation in the Sunken Cell stronghold.
- Fixed an issue causing a slight delay in Salvaging at End of Expedition
- Partially defeated encounters will no longer re-dispense loot from previously defeated creatures
This is then supported by the headline: "A reminder that Elysian Caches will be going away on May 7th, so if you have any keys left be sure to use them today!"
It's a bit of a bizarre decision, but apparently, this was always the plan after community manager Darokaz stated that they were only a temporary thing. This comes off the back of a delay to numerous key features such as the cataclysm, while matchmaking is supposedly falling apart thanks to a lack of players.
Are you still playing ANTHEM? How do you feel about this? Have a good moan in the comments below.