The product page lists multiple features:
- Arcade mode - choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games
- Gallery - unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through arcade mode
- Extra battle - complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes throughout 2018
- New v-triggers - each character will have two v-triggers, adding even more depth to the combat system
- New visuals - the user interface is being redesigned with new Color schemes, revised menus and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects
Yep, Street Fighter V is getting an arcade mode. What's more, it sounds like the game in general is being refurbished with new visuals. Elsewhere, an extra v-trigger attack for each character sounds quite ambitious.
Word on the street is that all of these new additions will be brought over to the existing game free of charge, and the Amazon description kind of backs this up: "Current players of Street Fighter V and future owners of Street Fighter V: arcade Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PS4 and PC Cross-Platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base. The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only One that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title." It's just a shame that it's taken the company over a year to pull its finger out.
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is supposedly due to launch for PlayStation 4 on the 16th January, 2018. We expect an official announcement in the near future.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.