How do you enable 2FA in Fortnite? With two-factor authentication — or two-step verification — you can make your Epic and Fortnite account more secure. How do you set it up in Fortnite? In this guide, we're going to explain how to enable this feature. If you're looking for How to Enable 2 Factor Authentication on PS5, PS4, follow the link.
How to Enable 2 Factor Authentication in Fortnite
Here's how to activate 2FA for your Epic account, making your playtime in Fortnite more secure.
- Go to the Epic Games website by following the link.
- Select Sign In in the top-right and log into your Epic account.
- Hover over your username in the top-right, then select Account.
- Select Password & Security and scroll down to Two-Factor Authentication.
- There are three options you can use to enable 2FA — Authenticator App, SMS Authentication, and Email Authentication. Select one and follow the relevant steps:
- Authenticator App: Download and install an authenticator app on your mobile device. Open it and scan the QR code. A verification code will appear in the app. Enter this code in your browser and click Activate.
- SMS Authentication: Select your country code and enter your mobile phone number. Click Send Code — you'll receive a verification code by text. Enter this code in your browser and click Activate.
- Email Authentication: An email containing a verification code will be sent to your Epic account address. Enter this code, click Continue, then click Done.
Why Enable 2FA for Fortnite and your Epic account?
First and foremost, activating two-factor authentication will make your Epic account much more secure, adding an extra step that practically eliminates the possibility of being hacked. We'd advise that you enable 2FA wherever possible.
In addition to the security benefits, activating 2FA will allow you to access game features in Fortnite. With 2FA enabled, you'll be able to send gifts in the game. 2FA is also required if you want to take part in competitive Fortnite events.
Finally, enabling two-factor authentication grants you some in-game rewards. With 2FA active, you'll be rewarded with the 'Boogie Down' emote. If you have Fortnite: Save the World, you'll also receive 50 Armory Slots, 10 Backpack Slots, and 1 Legendary Troll Stash Llama.