Virtua Tennis is no stranger to PlayStation platform launches. An iteration of SEGA’s arcade sports series accompanied the release of Sony’s previous handheld, as well as the PS3. But while Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition isn't a new entry into the franchise – it’s derived from last spring’s PS3 release – it’s a title...
Down the line
The delayed guitar riff and soft voice over in this trailer might give you the impression that SEGA’s promoting life insurance or retirement homes, but it’s actually pimping soon-to-be-released PS Vita launch title, Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition. The trailer’s a back to basics affair, focusing on all of the game’s core...
Regular readers will not need reminding of our attachment to tennis games. Nor will they be surprised to learn that Virtua Tennis 4 on Vita is one of our most anticipated launch titles. Those of you that played Virtua Tennis 4 on PS3 earlier in the year will be immediately familiar with its PlayStation Vita counterpart. The slick,...
We already knew PS Vita would be supported with such interesting third-party offerings as Lumines: Electronic Symphony, Touch My Katamari and Army Corps of Hell, but we had no idea the handheld would house such mystifying titles as Dragon's Racing and Putty Squad. Below you'll find the full list of third-party offerings currently in...
SEGA's preparing to continue its rally with tennis games on portable PlayStations: PSP received Virtua Tennis World Tour and Virtua Tennis 3, and next year we'll see Virtua Tennis 4 come to PlayStation Vita. As you can see from the fresh set of new screenshots and trailer below, the game is shaping up very nicely indeed, with a strange...
Plus a new IP
SEGA of Europe and SEGA of America CEO Mike Hayes has revealed that the company is preparing four additional titles for the PS Vita. This comes on top of the news that the company is releasing Virtua Tennis 4 as a Vita launch title. SEGA says one these four Vita games will be an all new IP from the company. Our line-up features all...
Virtua Tennis 4 on the Vita offers a full HD console experience in the palm of your hand, plus some exciting new features using the unique Vita capabilities.
- 22 top players, 33 stunning stadiums, and a variety of different game modes
- Simple Touch Controls on court across all game modes and front and rear touch panel navigation
- A new dynamic and social World Tour Map allowing players to share stats, chat and play online matches
- Upload your face into the game using the Vita Camera, or customise your court surface with any photo
- Virtual Reality Match – using the gyro sensor to offer a 1st person gameplay experience like never before
- Touch Versus - two player matches on one Vita with a simple top down view