A portable platforming masterpiece
When the original Rayman was released in 1995, it was lauded for its lush and vibrant visuals, and it didn't hurt that the game featured some incredible level designs either. But after jumping aboard the 3D platformer bandwagon for the better part of a decade, the series recently took a trip back to its 2D roots...
- More Details
Accessibility data by Family Gaming Database
Bringing the whimsy
Rayman Origins dashes onto PlayStation Vita tomorrow, and in order to mark the release, Ubisoft’s dropped a brand new trailer online. The Michel Ancel directed platformer is currently the highest rated PlayStation Vita title available, commanding an impressive Metacritic score of 89. If you were planning on picking up the title...
Not quite a commercial distaster
When Rayman Origins failed to even break into the UK software top-forty following its launch in November last year, many suspected the worst for the gorgeous Michel Ancel developed platformer. But contrary to perception, the title has actually been profitable for publisher Ubisoft, and it believes that it will...
Good news, bad news
PS Vita is nearly upon us, and we couldn’t be more excited. Here at Push Square we've decided to pick our most anticipated elements of Sony’s new handheld baby before it hits stores, from new online approaches to all those control methods, plus more. We've also bashed out a few of our quibbles and concerns, too. Which parts...
After the avalanche of Vita announcements this week we've got some brand new screenshots of Ubisoft's Vita range to share with you. First up is racing game Asphalt Injection, the latest in Gameloft's street racing series, featuring 52 licensed cars, 20 tracks and 100 different events to beat. It's not quite giving Ridge Racer a run...
Play Rayman Origins and discover or rediscover the magical universe and legendary 2D gameplay that captured the hearts of millions of fans!
When the Glade of Dreams is overrun by "nefurrious" Darktoons, the Fairy Council hastily invokes Rayman to save the day; but the hero of light isn't quite all there...To help him, Rayman teams up with his best friend, Globox, and two crafty wizards, the Teensies. Together, the world's most hilarious team of heroes will need to restore peace to the Glade or watch as their beloved home vanishes like a bad dream...
- Rebirth of a Platforming Legend: It's been 15 years since the first launch of Rayman. Rayman Origins brings back many of the classic characters, revived in their original 2D form, as well as a whole new world of characters and environments.
- Unique Approach to 2D Art: A rich world with over 100 characters and 6 unique worlds created by some of the industry's most reputed artists and animators. This creative approach to 2D design will recapture the hearts of platformer fans and introduce a new generation to one of the industry's best-loved characters in his original 2D form.
- A Vast Playground: Rayman Origins includes over 60 levels of 2D platforming gameplay designed for all ages and playing styles. Unlock new abilities progressively and return to previous levels to discover new paths and secrets.
- Variety of Gameplay: Rayman Origins is a platformer at its core, but it has elements of many game genres. Rayman, Globox and the Teensies gain unique abilities as they progress through the adventure, including swimming, diving and the sensational "HairlyCopter." The game also features many elements of action, adventure, shooter and beat-'em-up gameplay.
- Epic Boss Fights: A giant pink monster with hundreds of eyes... A possessed, mountainous golem... An evil daisy-cum-carnivorous plant... Rayman Origins will put players to the test with these and many more challenging boss battles!
- Share with Friends: Increase the competitive fun with the Ghost mode where you will challenge for the best time to complete a level. You can share your best times and other unlockable gifts using Near functionality with your friends.
- Multitouch Gameplay: Rayman Origins also features multitouch capabilities to collect lums, enemies, or even zoom, allowing you to see the beautiful HD graphics in greater detail.
- Unique Approach, Unique Game: Rayman Origins was created by Michel Ancel with a small team of artists and developers to produce not only high-quality graphics and gameplay, but a creative and unique experience.