Brain and eye candy
Lumines Electronic Symphony seems simplistic, but it still offers a challenge for even the best puzzlers out there. As blocks fall, you’ll have to rotate falling cubes to build blocks of the same colour into a four-by-four square; once that square is built, more blocks can be combined onto the initial block until a bar passes...
Q Entertainment would love to make some DLC for Vita launch title Lumines: Electronic Symphony. Sadly, it doesn’t sound like publisher Ubisoft shares its enthusiasm. As such, the studio's taken to Facebook to drum up some interest in the hypothetical expansion. "Who wants some DLC?" the company asked on its p
With the impressive launch line-up now a distant memory, many new Vita adopters are beginning to ponder what’s next for the powerful handheld. Well, according to James Mielke, the producer of Lumines Electronic Symphony, there’s a lot of new games in development to look forward to. In an interview with 1UP, he revealed: The only...
Lumines: Electronic Symphony is one of the strongest titles in the PlayStation Vita’s launch offering – our own Nathan Michalik awarded it an 8/10 in our Lumines Electronic Symphony review – but it was almost so much cooler. According to producer James Mielke, the title was originally pitched as Daft Punk: Lumines – and it...
All you need to know
Lumines: Electronic Symphony has a killer soundtrack — not least aided by the inclusion of Mylo's Kim Carnes-sampling In My Arms Personal favourite that one, dear readers. But that's not all the game has to offer. There's also Kelly Watch The Stars by Air, Rocket by Goldfrapp and Windowlicker by Aphex Twin. Y'know, when Q...
After the avalanche of Vita announcements this week we've got some brand new screenshots of Ubisoft's Vita range to share with you. First up is racing game Asphalt Injection, the latest in Gameloft's street racing series, featuring 52 licensed cars, 20 tracks and 100 different events to beat. It's not quite giving Ridge Racer a run...
We already knew PS Vita would be supported with such interesting third-party offerings as Lumines: Electronic Symphony, Touch My Katamari and Army Corps of Hell, but we had no idea the handheld would house such mystifying titles as Dragon's Racing and Putty Squad. Below you'll find the full list of third-party offerings currently in...
Hip to be square
Original PSP launch title Lumines was one of the best reasons to own Sony's first-time portable console: a unique blend of music and puzzle, the good news is it's returning to Vita in the form of Lumines for PS Vita. Produced by original developers Q Entertainment, Lumines on Vita will add social functions allowing you to see how...
The king of music-puzzle games returns with its first, all-new installment in over 5 years.
Lumines™ for PS Vita marks the return of Q Entertainment’s landmark puzzle series, bringing together addictive block-dropping puzzle action, an all-new 3D graphics engine, and some of the most significant names in electronic music history.
· New block mechanics: For the first time in the series, special new block mechanics give players additional strategic options. Clear huge block combos using the powerful Chain Block, and learn to master the randomizing powers of the Shuffle Block.
· Star-studded musical line-up: Featuring some of the best and brightest names in electronic music, Lumines™ for PS Vita’s soundtrack is a diverse selection of known artists as well as original tracks composed by Q Entertainment’s sound team, providing the ultimate aural experience.
· All-new EXP system: Lumines™ for PS Vita rewards player effort and investment by providing an in-depth player profile, deep stat tracking, and a new Experience Points system that rewards every player’s play style with a level-based reward system. The more you play –whether in solo or versus play— the richer your Lumines experience will be.
· Social experience: How do you stack up against your friends? Whether you’re a new Lumines player or a veteran of the series, Lumines™ for PS Vita’s new social features will encourage you to play just “one more game.” Another level, another rank, or another reward is always within reach.
New Game Modes
· Journey mode: This mode allows players to experience the game’s carefully arranged flow and take a beautiful musical journey.
· Duel mode: Take on another Lumines player in a musical puzzle battle to the finish. Use the game’s all-new block mechanics to gain the upper hand!
· Stopwatch mode: Score as many points as you can as the clock ticks down in specially-designed stages created for maximum impact.
· Masters mode: A high-speed, high-velocity, tournament-level mode designed for the best of the best!
ENJOY NEW WAYS TO PLAY USING PLAYSTATION®VITA
Using the PlayStation®VITA’s wealth of technological features, players can enjoy new ways to play using both front and rear touchscreens for gameplay inputs. Lumines™ for PS Vita supports classic D-pad controls as well.
Featuring an all-new audio-visual engine designed from the ground up specifically for PlayStation®VITA, the game features high-definition 3D graphics, highly interactive sound design, and a wealth of innovative control options, making this a true next-generation installment in the popular puzzle-game series.