- Number of Players
- Release Date
- 13th Sep 2022
- 13th Sep 2022
- Comic Book, Retro, Remake
- Controller Support
- Feature Support
- Official Site
- Also Available On
- PS4, Switch, GCN
Mini Review XIII (PS5) - Improvements Can't Save This Remaster Redo
Isn't 13 supposed to be a lucky number?
Considering the XIII remake's original launch was a disaster, it's admirable that publisher Microids tried to fix things. Following the launch from developer PlayMagic, a new team, Tower Five, has been brought in to try and rework the release into something more appealing. The results are mixed, but it's...
About The Game
WHO ARE YOU, REALLY?
XIII is a remake of the cult first-person action game that was initially released in 2003. You play as “XIII”, a man without an identity, in a solo campaign with numerous twists and turns. Inspired by the eponymous graphic novel, the game features a completely reinvented and unique cel-shading design. In XIII, players can also take part in fierce multi-player fights.
The country remains in a state of shock following the assassination of President Sheridan. You wake up, wounded and with amnesia, on a deserted beach on the east coast. The only clues as to your identity are a tattoo of the number XIII near your collarbone and a locker key. Even though your memory is failing, you discover that you have the reflexes of a highly trained professional fighter. You set off in search of your past, discovering that you played a role in the murder of the President of the United States of America, and revealing the most astounding conspiracy ever hatched in the country's history.
- The remake of the 2003 cult FPS.
- A new artistic direction that respects the original work and its iconic cel-shading design.
- Numerous references to the eponymous graphic novel, with onomatopoeia, speech bubbles, panels and more.
- Music and voices from the original version.
- A conspiracy-based plot with numerous twists and turns.
- Varied gameplay with action, infiltration and exploration phases.
- A breathtaking solo campaign with 34 levels.
- A brutal arsenal of 15 weapons to get your memory back.
- Fierce multi-player fights.
Wow, no comments yet... why not be the first?
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...