Season: A Letter to the Future is really interesting. You play as someone leaving their cosy mountain village, tasked with recording the history of a nearby valley before the changing of the season. A new season doesn't mean what it does in the real world, though. It's a major, seemingly cataclysmic event, capable of wiping the memories of...
- More Details
Accessibility data by Family Gaming Database
Out on 31st January
Scavengers Studio has published a fresh new look at its upcoming PS5, PS4 biking game Season in a new story trailer that covers exactly why you're out photographing the world before it ends. As a young woman, you will bike about and capture memories through your camera of people and places you discover. "Document, photograph, and...
Limited time demo now on PS5
We've liked the look of Season ever since its announcement nearly two years ago. Initially planned to release in the latter months of this year, it was delayed into 2023, with no firm date attached. Now, developer Scavengers Studio is ready to announce exactly when we can all explore this picturesque adventure, and it's...
Missing Fall, now targeting Spring
Season: A Letter to the Future has been delayed by several months, and the picturesque cycling adventure game will now release Q1, 2023. The PlayStation console exclusive game, developed by Scavengers Studio, was initially revealed back in 2020 and was targeting a Fall 2022 release date. The developer announced...
'Tis the season
We haven't heard a peep about Season for quite some time now, so it's good to see the project is still alive. This narrative adventure game was revealed in 2020, and it appears it's very nearly ready for prime time. A new trailer, embedded above, reveals an Autumn 2022 release window. To recap, Season: A Letter to the Future casts...
Tour de world
Geoff Keighley's The Game Awards really shone the spotlight on a number of wonderful looking indie games last month, proving how independent studios can put out just as good a work as AAA developers. Season, from Canadian team Scavengers Studio, is one example of that. The title wowed Push Square Towers with a stunning art style and an...
Now that's beautiful
Did Season just stake its claim for the Best Art Direction category at The Game Awards show for whenever it releases? What an absolutely stunning art style that is from Scavengers Studio, coming to PlayStation 5. Check out the announcement trailer above. The PlayStation Blog post reads: "Close your eyes, take a deep breath and...
In SEASON: A letter to the future, you play as a young woman from a secluded village exploring the world by bike for the first time, collecting memories before a cataclysm washes everything away. SEASON is a quest to discover a new world; one unknown yet familiar. Document, photograph, and record life as you find it, while you still can.
- A bicycle road trip: Wind your way through stunning landscapes on your bicycle and take in each moment. Your journey will take 6 to 12 hours, depending on how much you linger. You should linger. It’s a game about lingering.
- A compelling narrative: Discover a new world; one unknown yet familiar. Contemplate and make difficult choices that could affect how the story ends. Select and capture the most important moments from the current season to preserve them for future generations.
- Document, photograph, and record: Collect memories, make recordings, and piece together the secrets of the world of SEASON in a highly customizable journal.
- Emotionally complex characters: Meet a diverse cast of characters, each of whom has two precious things to share with you: the stories of their lives and a moment together at the end of the season.
- Immersive Soundtrack: Listen to the gorgeous score as you travel through the world; music is embedded in the landscapes, and evolves and drifts as you do.