Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 3,152

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I like the last one and there are plenty of times I want a filter or feature to emphasis some colours but not others.

It's a real pet peeve of mine when they put the copyright text on the bottom of your images though..

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Thrillho wrote:

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I like the last one and there are plenty of times I want a filter or feature to emphasis some colours but not others.

It's a real pet peeve of mine when they put the copyright text on the bottom of your images though..

Yeah... Not quite fond of that myself but there's nothing you can do @Thrillho unfortunately (Well besides trimming the picture I guess 😅) it's relatively small at least though!

The only thing about Code Vein's photo mode that I've really noticed compared to the two other one's I've really used (Horizon & Days Gone) is that I can't hide the main character (Or partner character).

... Though the camera itself is really quite manouverable so you can do shots without them just fine and being able to switch to real time to allow them to use gestures or carry the action on is pretty good too!

I quite like the fact you can set the "strength" for most of the colour fliters as well so you're able to fine tune it to what you need... @RogerRoger could probably work some real magic with it compared to my amaturish attempts

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I love that orange highlight filter from the first and fourth shots, that's very effective indeed! And that last character shot is real impressive, as well (although they're all awesome as far as I'm concerned). Like @Thrillho says, noir filters which emphasise a single colour need to be featured in more Photo Modes. I've only come across a couple, but they're always my favourites!

You'd be surprised how many Photo Modes don't allow you to hide characters. I thought it was a standard feature, given how commonplace it used to be, but it seems to have fallen out of favour.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I really like that sole colour filter, there’s a lot of potential there. I feel it would be a little insensitive to call it the Schindler’s List filter but that’s what it reminds me of!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

I've probably missed a few pages worth since last here but caught some nice uses of frames and filters from @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, I have a habit of finding one filter or frame I really like and overuse it. My heavy use of movie style borders probably hasn't gone unnoticed. @nessisonett Love your Raimi Spider-man shot, could be a movie still.
Anyone done any PS5 shots yet? Here's a few I taken in Miles Morales.
Look really closely and you might spot Rhino down there from the great opening.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
I took this last one when I noticed the reflections even in his suit
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Thrillho

@BearsEatBeets YES! Lens flare!

Nice shots though and I can see why the PS5 has been excluded from the competition this year so us lowly PS4 simpletons have a chance.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets My word, those look gorgeous! Superb debut shots from the PS5 there!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Ooh those are some real good shots @BearsEatBeets ... The reflections in the suit in the last picture are ridiculously good!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

Thought I'd share some of the other shots that I'd been considering for submission, which didn't quite make the grade for reasons various.

Landscape:

Untitled

Untitled

Character:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

When I drew the Action category to judge, I could've screamed. A solid 70% of my screenshots this year have ended up being mid-fight freezeframes.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho The trend Foxy started last year is catching!

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

First of all @RogerRoger how did you not enter that 3rd to last screenshot of the Thunder Jaw? It's fantastic!

Second of all... Are lens flares what I'm going to be known for? 😅

As for these few new shots...You might be able to figure out that I have a new favourite filter

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thank you for saying so! I guess I just wanted to keep things varied, and my submissions were already dominated by Horizon: Zero Dawn. I couldn't believe that I only ended up shortlisting a single Spidey shot, given how much of my year its Photo Mode consumed; had I been able to submit in the Action category... well, anyway!

And yes, you are the Lens Flare Queen! It'll take a few more red-noir filters to subdue that title (no, seriously, please keep taking red-noir shots, they're gorgeous)!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Just getting around to checking them out here from your mention on the other thread; I do really like the Code Vein shots. There are some interesting looking snaps you’ve got so far. It’s a wonderful looking game and looks like a real smashing photo mode. Thanks for putting me onto it! As long as the gameplay is decent and not too difficult, I’m going to take a dive I think.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

My first (shared) PS5 screen shots. All from Cyberpunk. It is quite difficult to known which ones are OK to post on here, as there is a lot naughty imagery and slogans everywhere. But here you go, if one of them gets taken down, so be it. Or if anyone finds it offensive, let me now and I have no issues in deleting it. And I've only got a few to start with. So with all that here you go.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Interesting to note that my character's hair is up. But when you wear a hat it is down. I like those small little details like that.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

Just a few!

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Untitled
Day of the Triffids

Spider-Man Remastered

Untitled
Spotlight Strike

Untitled
Sewer Noir

Lens Flare Dawn

Untitled
And One For Foxy

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @mookysam Fantastic stuff, folks. I particularly like that shot of Armoured Spidey in the sewers, and the dynamic hair of the Cyberpunk character creator. Nice!

Making It So Since 1987

TheIdleCritic

Starting this generation off RIGHT!

I will defend this game within an inch of my life. How a game that came out only a few months after the release of the PS4 looks this good astounds me. Sure it's not as crisp as games are nowadays, even on the PS5 but it's got a filmic look that hasn't yet been matched. This is still one of the best looking games I've ever played (no, I shouldn't go to Specsavers). I won't link to the review I wrote about it (I know the rules) but I did one.

Why this got so much stick I'll never know. When Telltale got away with it with The Walking Dead, which has even less gameplay - and no, there's no such player choice in narrative heavy games. Whichever way you look at it the narrative has been pre determined by the developers. The Order actually has gunfights and gameplay, which to me feel pretty great.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

JohnnyShoulder

Sometimes Cyberpunk 2077 can look really really nice...

Untitled
Untitled

Other times not so much....
Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic