Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 3,153

BearsEatBeets

A few more GoT pics
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

There are some silly hats in this game
Untitled
Looking moody by some fire
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

Getting close to the end so might not be many more posts from me on this but some more from the many taken.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets When you think you couldn't possibly take a better screencap... superb work as always! Just out of curiosity, what's your current total number of screencaps taken?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Cheers @RogerRoger, just checked and I 242 pictures copied to my laptop so I only post a little selection. To be honest some of the pictures can be several variants of a single photo-mode 'snap' as the game has so many great tools for tweaking the same shot. The last 2 pics in the most recent post are from the same 'snap' and I have about 3 other time/filter/angle versions. It's easily my most photographed game, I'd probably have finished the game by now without it.

Also I only noticed recently you can do camera movements within photo-mode, so you could do sweeping camera moves of a paused moment. I might give it a proper go and post something.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Nice haul. I do the same; it's rare that I'll just take one variant of a shot, even if it's a slight lighting tweak or simply an alternate filter. I love how you can make several distinctive, almost unique shots from the same freeze-framed moment, like those last two.

Like you, I think I'll be spending far longer than is necessary to complete the game!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Nice shots man. I 'only' took about 150 shots in GoT, but I'm a more take a photo, a quick tweak, then move on kinda guy. A few occasions I took from different angles and stuff though.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

With the game done and the Platinum achieved, here's the final (probably) few from Ghost of Tsushima.

Mostly random and some fun costumes picked late in the game.
Untitled
This is the cool part where you can change sides and become a Mongel.
Untitled
It's a shame I got this too late to see it appear in cutscenes
Untitled
Untitled
I get most of the 'nods' to other games with this easter egg but not the top right one, looks like a Pikmen to me.
Untitled
Untitled
And I'll finish with something I take no credit for, just a snippet of cutscene
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Congratulations on the platinum, and nicely captured!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Some wonderful stuff over the past few pages guys!

I've... not really had anything screenshot worthy til now... and even then it's mainly the game doing the work not me! 😅

Here's some Genshin Impact screenshots from yours truly.

Untitled
The starting choice

Untitled
Paimon the... Fairy? Pixie? & The Twin by the sea

Untitled
A boy and his dragon

Untitled
Amber, Knight of Favonius

Untitled
Kaeya, another knight of Favonius

Untitled
Jean and Lisa... Also knights.

Untitled
Some light exploration is fun...

Untitled
...Though maybe don't explore areas with enemies which are 10 levels higher then most of your party!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That is one good-lookin' game! It definitely boasts one of the most dynamic character selection screens I've ever seen, that's for sure!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

The game dives straight in to a very anime cutscene @RogerRoger soon as you get it running with the twins fighting that goddess before stopping partway in to that as you say, very dynamic, character selection.

Got a few more screenshots from Genshin Impact showing it off a little better this time

Untitled
Story book time!

Untitled
... I know anime likes their pretty boys... But that's taking the cake!

Untitled
The bestest boi

Untitled
Mondstadt at night

Untitled
Always remember to take a break!

Untitled
Xiangling, the chef, and her pet panda Guoba

Untitled
Liyue Harbour

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Nice shots! Really like the art style. Be interested to see how this turns out in the mid to long term, so will be keeping an eye out for your further comments on the game

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

I'll tag you when I eventually get down an impressions piece down if you like @JohnnyShoulder?

For now all I can say is the monetisation hasn't been intrusive (The lootbox/Gatcha system to get new characters will unfortunately pull a number of people in)... but I can see where it might become a bit of a problem down the line with having to "ascend" characters and weapons among other things.

There's honestly a very good foundation here to me that I would've happily put money down for if it was a normal release. Here's to hoping it won't balls up all this goodwill it's getting with me so far... 😅

JohnnyShoulder

Yes please @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy! I was listening to a podcast last night and they were saying after 20 hours they have only just felt the need to actually purchase anything, but not a necessity to progress, which sounds good.

RogerRoger

Some selected shots from my return to Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

@RogerRoger, that Black & White shot is pretty striking! Great shots.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 Thank you! Here are some more.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

That last screenshot there is really quite striking @RogerRoger and there's some rather neat ones in the previous set too (The third, fourth and fifth in particular)!

The third is the only uncharted I've played and other then that plane segment (And that's mainly thanks to the marketing and the Playsation All Stars level 😅) I don't really have a clue as to what goes on it it Wasn't there a sinking cruise ship set piece or something along the lines as well?

Though you might be pleased to know I've downloaded the trilogy collection that was given away a few months ago and I might make them the next thing I go through for a change of pace!

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thank you! Yeah, I'm a teensy bit proud of that last shot. It feels like a poster for an Uncharted film directed by Quentin Tarantino.

Good luck with the trilogy! My only advice would be, don't play them all at once. I always suffer burnout after the second one, which is why I just played the third as a standalone. As exciting as they are, they can get quite samey and, whilst I reckon the third is the best at keeping things fresh on a moment-to-moment basis, you don't wanna end up hating on them.

And yes, the sinking cruise ship is from the third one.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

It actually reminded me a little of Kal's Wipeout picture from last year's screenshot comp that also had rather striking and bold colours if I remember correctly @RogerRoger

I'll be sure to take a good break between each title Rog (That I perhaps should've done at least once this year 😅). Hopefully I might get a few good screenshots to post here too! 😄

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic