Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 3,152

JohnnyShoulder

My last batch of TLOU2 grabs seeing as I've finished the story. I've deliberately avoided anything spoilery hopefully!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I think I've released my inner @RogerRoger with the photo mode on TLOU

There are some better ones but I did like the lighting here;

Untitled

This one has come out awful but looks absolutely fine on the console so I hope there's not too many like this. It just made me laugh as I tried to get an action shot of shooting and had no idea the enemy was behind me..

Untitled

I finally found a use for the frames that you can use here..

Untitled

This one has also come out darker than I wanted which is a shame as I really liked the shot. The vignette feature seems to be what's made them come out so dark and I've used it a fair bit. Sigh.

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Considering how good your shots are, I'm taking that as a compliment!

I go back and forth on vignettes. In some games, you're right, they drown out the image but, in others, they really work well in highlighting the subject. No matter what I take and how I take it, though, it always looks darker on my PC or other devices, to the point where I'll bump the brightness and / or exposure up a couple notches when capturing it. Have a play and see what suits.

The first and last shots are my favourites, but I do always love it when Photo Mode reveals imminent danger, like in your second capture! It's not cheating, it's a feature!

I've been absent from this topic for a while, and I shouldn't have been, as there are some cracking shots on this most recent page alone. Excellent stuff from @andreoni79 @JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett and @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy up there; thanks for sharing, folks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Thanks. I like those two best as well but the other two made me laugh. Photo mode has made me realise Joel stands in a very funny way a lot of the time though..

Thrillho

Thrillho

@KratosMD Ha, I have about half of those pics as well. I didn’t want to post anything until you’d finished the game.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @Arugula Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that in my gallery, as when I tried taking it, I got a message to say taking photos was blocked!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RR529

Long time no see. Played through Tales of Berseria which doesn't allow you to take screenshots, and have since been going through FFVII Remake, but it's been slow going since I've been working extra hours and can only access my PS4 on weekends. Anyway, here's some screens.

The lighting tends to be really good in night/dark areas.
Untitled

Looks like Volkswagen is still a thing in Midgar.
Untitled

They say good things come in 3...
Untitled

...Indeed it's true.
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Thrillho

@RR529 Nice. It amazes me that there's no photo mode for the game though, or even a way to completely minimise the HUD.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Gosh darn it, Yakuza games always look so cool! Great shots!

@RR529 Welcome back! That first shot really does have superb lighting; from what I've seen, FFVII Remake can look awesome when it wants to.

@andreoni79 Blimey! Epic shot, very well-captured!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Something went very very wrong...
Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett What the heck am I even looking at there...?!

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Yikes did Ruto finally get her way with poor Link @nessisonett? 😂

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam @RogerRoger I got a really weird glitch where Ruto became intangible so I could walk right through her. Of course I then spent 10 minutes positioning myself for the perfect shot.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett [tilts head and squints] Oh, now I can see that, yes!

You don't wanna know what I saw before.

Last week, between games and needing to calm myself down, I realised that I'd never really worn the MCU suits available when playing Marvel's Spider-Man and so, since I'm now a fan of said film series, I went back on and started abusing its Photo Mode again.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Sweet Spidey pics, especially 3 & 8. Really nice use of perspective. It's crazy the detail Insomniac have on the suits. With a snowy New York and ray-traced puddles you just know Miles Morales is going to look stunning for photos.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@Thrillho @BearsEatBeets Thanks, folks! Glad you like 'em.

And agreed, Miles Morales is gonna be utterly gorgeous. Can't wait to get to grips with its Photo Mode (assuming it has one; it darn-well better!).

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Nice shots! It is pretty much a given that any Sony first party game will have a photo mode these days. They need to give us a reason to use that 'Create' button after all!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Thank you, and I think you're right (at least, I sure hope you are)!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic