Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,585

SoulChimera

@colonelkilgore Not too much, spent most of time with it, installing and setting up all the apps. Just tried stuff quickly to see what the level of emulation is. I have to say, it’s very impressive. Running all the usual stuff at 4x and 60fps. GameCube runs really well from what I’ve tried. Haven’t touched PS2, Wii or 3DS yet.

Beautifully crafty device though.

If you’ve got any questions, feel free to ask.

SoulChimera

LtSarge

New Xbox sale this week but sadly not as many compelling BC games this time around. Anyway, I decided to get Prince of Persia Classic and Prince of Persia The Sands of Time. I've already bought pretty much all Prince of Persia titles but I haven't gotten the first ones until now. I purposely avoided buying The Sands of Time because there's a remake of that game coming, but it doesn't look like it'll be coming out any time soon and I'm sick of having so many Prince of Persia games in my backlog that I can't play because I don't have the first game. So for €4 I might as well just play the first game as soon as possible so that I can eventually get to the sequels.

LtSarge

R1spam

Been on a bit of a splurge recently! Traded in my copies of RD2, GoT, returnal and Luigis Mansion 3 for judgement and guardians of the galaxy on series x and resi 8 on ps5. Traded in my kena and untitled goose game physical copies for cash and bought chicory on epic game store with £8 off for signing up for an account and am going to pick up the echoes of the eye expansion for outer wilds on series x now the base game is back in gamepass. With elden ring and horizon coming shortly, I'm not sure when I'll get to play them all though!!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

LtSarge

Just bought some more Wii games that I've been interested in for many years now, which are Boom Blox and Another Code: R - Journey Into Lost Memories, for €30 in total. I've always wanted to try out the Boom Blox games and a used copy came in today of the first title for only €10, so at that price I had to get it. Another Code is also a game that I've been interested in for such a long time and considering it was only €20, I had to get it as well. It's made by the same developer that did Hotel Dusk on the DS and Little King's Story on Wii. They went bankrupt in 2010, which is unfortunate because these are the kinds of unique experiences that I'm constantly looking for. On top of this, Another Code is on the Wii, which means a unique control scheme. So all in all, I'm very happy with these purchases and I'm so excited to play them!

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just bought Project Zero 2: Wii Edition and Pandora's Tower on Wii U, and Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3DS. I've had these games on my watchlist for such a long time but now that the eShops are coming to an end, I finally decided to buy them. Considering it's very hard to find a copy of Project Zero 2, much less a cheap copy, and that a physical copy of Pandora's Tower can go for €50, and I don't think I've ever seen a physical copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV on sale here, it was worth buying each of these games for €20.

Will be making even more purchases on the eShops from here on out. Definitely won't make the same mistake of missing out on a bunch of titles just like I did when Wii Shop Channel closed.

LtSarge

Ralizah

XCOM 2 on Steam. Not anything I plan on playing soon, and I'm trying not to buy games on sale when possible, but it was $3.50, so... yeah. lol

@LtSarge I'm jealous the Wii version of Fatal Frame 2 was released in your region.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Lup

I got Risen 2: Dark Waters (PS3) a few days ago. New. It was a good deal. Been enjoying it so far!

Lup

LtSarge

@Ralizah I'm happy that I can at least play one game from the Fatal Frame series lol. Besides the recent Wii U re-release and this game, it's fairly hard to experience this franchise.

Just bought Denpa Men 2 and 3, BoxBoxBoy and Bye-Bye BoxBoy, Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger, Pokémon Red and Gold, and Cave Story on 3DS. I think I've pretty much bought the majority of the games I want to get on 3DS now at least. Will be buying games on Wii U next!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Ralizah

@LtSarge While I'm happy to see Maiden of Black Water re-released on modern consoles, I'll confess I was somewhat disappointed we didn't get remasters of the PS2 trilogy first. And, of course, Fatal Frame 4 is inaccessible outside of Japan unless you emulate it and apply the English fan translation.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LtSarge

Just bought Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Kirby Mass Attack and Pullblox World on Wii U. I've got a lot more games on my watchlist but I'll have to look up gameplay in order to see if they're worth buying. For example, I want to get Yoshi's Island DS but because the game uses both screens when traversing the levels, it might be hard to play the game on the Wii U Gamepad. I'm also interested in the Mario vs Donkey Kong games and I do own the DSi game but haven't played it, so I'll try it out and see if the DS titles are appealing to me.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

michaelpohara

I bought a Famicom Mini and a Super Famicom Mini last week via eBay from a international seller. $180 for both shipped w/sales tax. They're preowned, but I'll take the W because I was looking at over $300 for both in factory-sealed form.

"It is better to stay silent and let people assume you are a fool, than to speak and confirm their assumptions."

PSN: MikeOHara

colonelkilgore

Just ordered the two Star Wars: Force Unleashed games. Wanted to get X-men Origins: Wolverine too but was tres expensive… shame as it looks awesome.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Have heard a lot of good things about that Wolverine game before but yeah, it's one of the few "great" licenced games I've never played. It always feels prohibitively expensive (and I'm saved by the fact that Wolverine is one of my least-favourite superhero characters, too).

Hope you enjoy The Force Unleashed games, though! First one's a real classic!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah cheers Rog, in fact I’m sure that it was a past comment from your good self about the Force Unleashed games that put them on my radar if I’m honest.

As for the Wolverine game, I’m gonna keep an eye out for it. Maybe I’ll get lucky in a local cex or something 🤞

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Well, then I apologise in advance for when they turn out to be hot garbage, and I'm revealed to be nothing more than a hopeless, blinkered fanboy!

At least you'll be able to trade 'em in at that CEX, though.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

I got three games this afternoon from Tokopedia. 😀
Untitled

Oops...
There was a PS4 game on it. 😅

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

colonelkilgore

Just paid a visit to my local cex and picked up some bargains. Captain America: Super Soldier, The Sabotuer, Skate 2… and best of all X-men Origins: Wolverine. Unbelievably, I got the latter for £12.99… which is so much cheaper than the second hand copies I saw on Amazon.

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore That "Captain America" game is surprisingly playable - definitely the best of the Sega "MCU Phase 1" tie-ins. I went through a phase of picking up all the crappy licensed games I could find when they were going for pennies. The "Thor" game is hilariously bad if you ever happen upon a copy. Did you get the "Uncaged" version of "Wolverine" or the standard edition?

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic