Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 2,436

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki i have a XB1s and there are quite a few games that run better on it than on the base PS4 but it's not a huge improvement, not enough for me to sell the PS4 versions rebuy the XB1 versions

as for the internet i find it's my XB1 that has the most problems so i think that's more to do with our routers and how the interact with our consoles wi-fi adapters

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@Tasuki Careful - this is a PS site and you can't speak truth's like that otherwise people will start calling you a fanboy

I do find that the Xbox internet is better too - I have both my consoles hardwired and the Xbox is faster, more stable and generally much better for match-making, downloading etc. Its been proven independently too don't forget but then some of that maybe down to having a much better infrastructure as it was a 'paid for' service for years and MS know servers etc too. If you are playing online, you do get less lag and more consistent performance. It used to frustrate me at times playing Destiny were ads would just jump across screen so I tended to buy Online games on Xbox. If I do a 'speed check' the Xbox, whilst still not up to the same speed as my Laptop measures, is around 50% higher than the speed my PS4 measures. Can't say that though as I get accused of being a fanboy...

As for 'look' and 'run' better, I would say that depends on the game - some run better because they weren't 1080p but didn't 'look' better - at least not to me. Some games run better because of the better CPU - its 10% faster than a Base PS4's and has a dedicated Audio chip which saves some resources. As the generation has gone on though, these factors have become less and less significant and now games tend to run a bit worse and look worse too so it does depend on the game. I do have a few games on both - Arkham Knight for example definitely looks better on PS4.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

crippyd

@KratosMD I had to reset my One over the weekend as it was running extremely slow and not doing things it should. Have you tried that? It could be the heat as you think as it can make the tech do strange things. I don't know if my consoles have updated yet but I was playing XCOM via back compat last night without technical issues on my One X.

crippyd

KALofKRYPTON

@Tasuki SPAM all over the place

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD in hot weather like this i tend to have a fan blowing on my consoles when i play them, it seems to help

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@Tasuki That was yesterday am - there were loads of spam threads.
You'd been in here recently at the time so @ you.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

Just so you know XBOX is also having a summer sale, some of the games on the PS4 sale are on there too and for the same price

crippyd

@Fullbringlchigo They are also selling Gold cheap too. It is £26.50 for a year direct from MS, although you do need Gold to get it at that price.

crippyd

FullbringIchigo

@crippyd oh i didn't notice that, that's a pretty good offer

also sorry it took so long to get back but for some reason i'm not getting any notifications when people tag me in posts

crippyd

@Fullbringlchigo no worries dude, I think it is in a separate sale but there was an article on True Achievements when the big sale was announced that said about the Gold deal. When I get paid this week I'm getting another year for sure. It's the cheapest I've seen it for a long time.

crippyd

crippyd

@KratosMD The Definitive edition makes some meaningful changes to the base game and adds a new area or two and is the best way to experience the game. I have both although I did get the upgrade for £3 (about 5 Euro) when it was first launched. I think, if you haven't played the game yet, that the newer version will be worth getting. Also play through both so you can experience the differences for yourself. Beware the Ginso Tree, that will destroy your controller!

crippyd

crippyd

That is certainly a better line-up than recent months. I already have FH2 but I don't have any of the others.

crippyd

BAMozzy

After the past couple of months, you have to say this is a 'great' line-up. 4 AAA games!!! OK so the titles themselves may not appeal to 'all' but you can't really argue about the 'quality'

FH2, the one that doesn't run at 4k on X, is still a great game and I much prefer the Horizon series - makes sense with 4 coming soon. For Honor sic (another FH game LOL) is not and never has been on my wanted list at all so not bothered about this - may add it just 'because'. Epic Mickey 2 isn't my thing either and I never bought DS3 after the reviews and demo - I couldn't bring myself to taint my opinion on one of my favourite series of last gen - so will definitely add that for 'free'.

Overall though, despite not necessarily all very appealing to me, I can't complain at the overall quality and value this month offers.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Rudy_Manchego

Awesome! Will get all of those bad boys!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

So I am thinking of picking up a FPS on the Xbox One and since I already have CoD: WWII, Overwatch and Battlefield 1 on PS4, I was thinking of grabbing Titanfall 2 since it's part of the sale. Only thing is does anyone know how the player base is for this game? I don't want to buy it and then the servers be dead.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

So MS wins this month for me with GWG on account that the one game that interests me on PS+ is Mafia III which I own already. Looking forward to playing FH2. Been wanting to.try that series out for awhile now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic