Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,436

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki yeah it was

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

crippyd

Another cracking month for me, 4 more games to add to my library.

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd Speedrunners has no appeal to me. I will add the other 3 games to my Library but I can't say any really stand out. I don't know that I would buy any - even if they were £5 (or less). That being said, I am still relatively happy with the line-up and whilst I wouldn't spend money to buy them, I can't deny that these are the type of games I want GwG (and IGC for that matter) to offer. Games that I couldn't justify buying - especially at launch but could still provide at least a month's worth of gaming and may entice purchases of other games in the franchise.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

crippyd

@BAMozzy There's loads I wouldn't buy that has been in GwG but I've downloaded them anyway to give them a try. There has been a few times when I've found a game I thought I wouldn't like and loved it. I think this is a great program and certainly gives plenty of variety.

crippyd

BAMozzy

@crippyd I wasn't criticising - I think we are both saying the same thing. I wouldn't say there has been a game I 'loved' yet but there has been a few I quite enjoyed that I wasn't sure that I would even like. All the games I have liked the most, I have bought but that doesn't mean I haven't had some enjoyment from the free games - just none would be in my 'top 10' games list. Of course some GwG games maybe in that top 10 but I bought those before they were offered.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Tasuki

As much as I hate Gamestop they have a good deal right now for XBL Gold. If you buy 1 year you get an additional 3 months free.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

So with 5 days until the MS E3 briefing, and the obvious reveal of 'Scorpio' - at least Name, price and release date, what are you hoping we see at their briefing?

Halo and Gears are not expected to make a 'telling' appearance - although may be used with Scorpio - like Gears 4 or Halo 5 in 4k but its almost guaranteed we will see Forza 7. Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 could and should join the stage too. However MS appear to have very little else at the moment - some ID@Xbox games - like Cuphead and Below of course but it seems at the moment MS have nothing much beyond these - unless they really have managed to lock down all leaks.

From a 3rd Party perspective, Sony have marketing rights and/or exclusivity deals with CoD, Destiny, Fifa, SW:BF2, RDR2 etc so that also limits MS on what it can show off on stage. Do you think MS will have any 3rd Party Deals? Are there any left? LOL I guess MS could have a deal with Bethesda - they did with Fallout 4 of course. Maybe a deal with Gearbox (Borderlands 3??) or Crystal Dynamix (Avengers game). Ubisoft are expected to announce a return for Assassins Creed but in the past, Sony have had deals with that franchise. Does it matter if they don't have any specific ties to 3rd Party multi-platform games? Its not like PC gamers usually have these deals...

Do you think MS will have a big focus on VR/AR - Minecraft VR and AR for Scorpio for example or a number of the OR/Vive PC games that 'could' come to Scorpio.

As an Xbox gamer are you concerned about the perceived lack of 'exclusives', excited by Scorpio, believe MS must have some 'secret' projects to reveal etc? What are you hoping for from E3?

BAMozzy

@KratosMD According to MS, they have nothing to announce on Halo 6 and it won't be at E3. That doesn't mean Halo won't be there - some Halo Wars 2 DLC? Halo 5 in 4k?

In sheer numbers, MS's E3 2016 certainly show cased a lot of 'exclusives' - Gears 4, Horizon 3, Sea of Thieves, ReCore, Scalebound, State of Decay 2, Dead Rising 4, Halo Wars 2, Killer Instinct (General Raam), Cuphead, Below, we happy few and other Indies I forget now - and of course we also got XB1s and Scorpio announced and saw Tekken 7, FFxv, Division DLC, Gwent too... No Crackdown 3 though but 'most' of what MS showcased has released already where as only the Last Guardian and Horizon:ZD of the PS exclusives (not inc the few VR games shown) have released.

Coming into this E3, Sony fans are excited by the prospect of seeing Last of Us 2, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, God of War, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Detroit, Dreams, Wild, Hellblade etc - maybe 3rd Party games like CoD, SW:BF2, RDR2 and /or Destiny because they know those games are in development as they have already been revealed but as an Xbox gamer, we have very little to be excited by - at least on the Software side because we only know of a 'few' games that 'could' appear and all the 'big' 3rd party games appear to be affiliated with Sony too.

That of course could work to MS's advantage - having more big 'surprise' announcements compared to Sony showing off a load of games we already knew about. As far as features go, it would be difficult to top Backwards Compatibility. VR has been 'done' and we have seen AR too - minecraft! Maybe they could do a Scorpio VR bundle for a 'very' reasonable cost - packaging in the Asus or HP Headset, a Pair of Vive/OR type controllers and of course Scorpio for 'less' money than a Pro, PSVR, Move and camera would cost and the fact that their '3rd party' headsets are much higher resolution may increase the value/interest, 4k, HDR, Atmos and Game VRR will be 'difficult' to demonstrate for the majority who are watching online with 1080p SDR screens and 'stereo' speakers. However beyond the price, name, aesthetics and release date I can't see anything else we really need to know. They could drag that out to 5mins of course but what about the other 85mins...

I wonder how many times we will here 'Native' or 'true' 4k' during the briefing??? LOL

BAMozzy

Tasuki

So rumors are circulating that the price for the Scorpio will be $499 which sounds about right especially with the price drop of the Xbox One. Not as bad as I thought it would be and honestly that's a price I think alot will be willing to pay.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki for how powerful it is yeah not bad BUT then again i think a lot of people (ESPECIALLY console gamers) will look and think "why pay twice the price for a system that plays the same games as the standard XBOX ONE"

especially if they don't have a 4K TV which a majority of us don't

honestly i think the Scorpio is a HUGE gamble, yeah it has the power but unless MS can give a LEGITIMATE reason why people should get the system apart from "prettier" graphics, which lets be honest is all it's really offering, then it could BOMB hard (before anyone says "True 4K", as i said MOST console gamers don't have 4K TV's so that's a mute point)

MS need to be careful because they aint in the strong position they was with the 360, consumer interest in the XB1 is already well below what they expected and they have been cancelling exclusive games too (Scalebound for instance) ONE single mistake with the Scorpio (much like the way the XB1 was announced) COULD cause this to be the next "Wii U"

i for one HOPE they get it right, the race between MS and Sony is what is driving the industry forward with new ideas, new innovations and if MS were to back out it would stagnate and eventually die and none of us want that

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

@Tasuki A lot of the rumours are also stating $399 too which would make sense as its double the price of the XB1s. It has a lot of common features - same ports/connectivity, same bluray drive. Cooling, APU and RAM are different but is that enough to warrant a greater cost?

Premium doesn't mean over-priced - and in the console market, $400 is a 'Premium' as the Pro (a Premium PS4) launched at and the PS4 - which was 'premium' when it launched in 2013. Xbox bundled Kinect in and people were critical of that launch price - not that different from a PS4 and Camera and considering Kinect is far more technical, that explained the cost difference. If you can buy an XB1s and a Pro for the price of a Scorpio, something is fundamentally wrong - especially as people expect the Pro to drop to $350 or less.

$150 between a Pro and Scorpio is going to be a very hard sell unless MS has a fantastic line-up of games but its not as if many can't spend $199 on an XB1s to play them if they wanted and have a 4k HDR Bluray player - buy the Pro for 4k gaming!!

Edited on by BAMozzy

Splat

I plan on getting either a Switch or X-box this holiday season to go along with my PS4. MS needs to really bring it tonight or it probably going to be The Switch.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

BAMozzy

@Splat I think it really comes down to what you want from your console. Even if MS don't bring 'a lot', the library is far more extensive than Switch (currently) but Switch offers something no other console can - portability. You know the Switch is 'limited' by its hardware and whilst visuals are 'part' of gaming, its CPU and RAM will still hit its limitations sooner. That being said Nintendo make certain games better than others.

I know if you have a PS4, a lot of the library of Xbox games are redundant but if you do enjoy playing last gen games, GwG and Xbox Pass could still give you access to a lot of games every month for around £11 a month - some you may already have played on PS4 of course but coupled with the 4k HDR Bluray, its good value. I still think the Switch is 'expensive' - especially if you want extra peripherals - like the Pro controller, extra memory and buying games new. But if you want that portability and to play those classic Nintendo games, it maybe worth it for you.

Splat

After watching the MS Presser I think I'm going with the Switch. I have a decent gaming PC and a PS4 Pro and they just didn't show enough games that I can only play by owning an X-Box.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Nei

I will buy a Switch and keep playing on ps4 too...Xbox really lacks an enticing exclusive or two. Why should we get one if we have a ps4? This is just for people who are already invested in the Xbox brand.

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

roe

Bit of a meh conference imo. You know Forza's gonna be solid, Anthem looked great but also looked like it'll be well over a year away, and I thought Metro: Exodus looked great as well.

After that there were a few interesting indie games shown but none of them were really that jaw dropping. Apart from The Last Night, and especially the guitar guy - that did look cool. But yeah, I just wasn't really blown away by anything that much.

On a hardware front, it sounds like a lot of the One X's power is gonna go to waste and it seems a hard sell much like the PS4 Pro. Backwards compatibility with the original Xbox is nice and is something that Xbox definitely seems to be doing better than PlayStation so far.

I'm not sure whether contract rights were holding them back but I feel like Microsoft really missed an opportunity to flood the conference with games. 42 sounds like a lot but half of them were (no disrespect) throwaway indie titles. Where was at least a snippet of the likes of Far Cry 5, Call of Duty, Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, NBA, you know multi-platform games that we know are decent sellers? Maybe even still popular now games that are already out like GTA V?

I guess I just expected them to go full out and say "Xbox One X is now the place to be playing games", and they seemed to start that way but it faded out real quick and never came back.

And I'm still not sure why they brought out a car early on..

Edited on by roe

roe

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic