Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 5,401 to 5,420 of 7,479

TheFrenchiestFry

Easily the best E3 presentation. Metroid Dread alone stole E3 for me but SMT V had no right looking as good as it did. Honestly visually looks cooler than P5 did for me

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Kidfried

@TheFrenchiestFry I thought SMTV looked very, very bland graphically. The bad trailer didn't help to sell me on it.

I'm still very interested in the game, but this Direct didn't did anything to sell me on it.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@nessisonett I can understand gamers who are very happy about it, but also those that are disappointed. The Direct was aimed at a pretty specific group of gamers, which I fortunately belong to.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Also, unpopular opinion: the third party new characters makes my interest in Smash wane. I love Nintendo characters, that's what I want from Smash. If I want to play with Tekken characters, I can play Tekken.

Meanwhile I still cannot play Geno in Smash, or Mona, or an Advance Wars character, or Golden Sun characters, Paper Mario's Dimentio and Vivian, or (god forbid!) Waluigi.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried Yeah same, I’m lucky in that there was finally a lot of stuff that’s right up my alley. Surprised about the lack of really any new Mario!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

I have to say, I never expected SMT V to blow Persona 5 out of the water graphically, but here we are. Atlus done good. It's going to be a painful wait.

Metroid Dread looks really good as well.

@Kidfried Eh. I think the series is better served by becoming a celebration of video games in general than dredging up every obscure Nintendo character under the sun for new fighters. The lack of Rayman and Crash Bandicoot is pretty notable, IMO. They belong in Smash far more than Tekken characters, lol.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Tekken’s an interesting one. I really like the announcement and think it’s a great fit but it’s not exactly much of a Nintendo franchise. A couple of gimped handheld ports and a Wii U Tag Tournament 2 port. That’s it.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Well, neither is MGS, but Snake is in there. Ditto with Joker and Persona. I like that Smash is just a celebration of Japanese games in general at this point.

EDIT: Which, come to think of it, might be why we're not getting more Western mascots.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@nessisonett Yeah, that's true. I forgot about Metroid. But a 2D Metroid doesn't really generate the same amount of excitement as a 3D one for me personally. Especially not knowing Prime 4 is still in development.

Also expected that rumoured DK game. Oh well...

Octane

nessisonett

@Ralizah Twin Snakes and Ghost Babel at least for Snake are proper standalone experiences exclusive to Nintendo! Joker is hilarious though.

Ralizah

@nessisonett It's probably worth pointing out that Persona Q2, which prominently features Persona 5 characters, is an exclusive for 3DS. And, of course, Strikers is a thing, and going by its performance (it's easily the smoothest performing Warriors-esque game on Switch I've seen to date), seems to have been optimized with Switch hardware in mind.

RR529

Great Direct!

I really want to get Metroid & Fatal Frame, SMTV looks awesome (I've never played one, so I don't know how I'd get on with it's infamous difficulty), and I enjoyed Banana Blitz HD so I have my eye on Banana Mania, though I thought the former was pretty difficult despite being considered an easier entry, so I'm not so sure.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@Ralizah Oh yeah, I did forget about Persona Q2. I love my 3DS but that game came out too late in the lifecycle even for me.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Yes and no. Yes, it came out late in the lifecycle of the system, but that's standard Atlus. Persona 4 released on PS2 after PS3 came out. Devil Survivor 2 came out on NDS after the 3DS released. And so on. And while it got a PS4 port at launch, Persona 5 was primarily developed with the PS3 version in mind. They LOVE working with older hardware.

nessisonett

@Ralizah Atlus are just plain weird.

RR529

Fatal Frame is going multiplatform & is apparently remastered to some extent for more modern hardware (hopefully that doesn't mean it's been upgraded with PS/Xbox in mind in such a way that the Switch version somehow performs worse than the Wii U original, not that we have any reason to worry yet, anyhow). Definitely a good thing that more people get to play it, though.

Also, it now has a photo mode and new costumes to go with it (naturally the Nintendo costumes will probably be removed, at least from the other versions, but I wonder if this means the lingerie from the original's JP release will be re-introduced or removed from all versions?).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

@RR529 Seems unlikely they'd uncensor a version of the game going to Sony consoles, lol.

They won't include Nintendo outfits in the versions of the game on other consoles, so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

Kidfried

@RR529 That idea makes me much more willing to play the game on any other platform than the Switch, now that I think about it.
Don't see any reason to play that game on the go either

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic