Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 7,479

Octane

I don't think anyone expects Captain Toad either. Nintendo picked these characters according to Sakurai, so I'm certain there's going to be at least one more Nintendo character.

Octane

mookysam

I honestly can't think what other first-party characters could be added. Not that there aren't any my brain is just a bit foggy. 😂Are Lakitu, Tingle and Birdo assist trophies? Vaati from The Minish Cap might be interesting, especially as the Zelda representation isn't particularly big. Tetra would be my top Zelda choice if she isn't already on the roster though.

Banjo and Kazooie have been rumoured for the game, but as they have a strong history with Nintendo, would be a nice nod to the N64 days. The fact that it is two characters in one could give them an interesting dynamic, and there is a vast move-set to choose from.

Yuna from Final Fantasy X. She's a popular character, particularly in Japan. Owing to her use of magics and her interesting weapon, it could make her a good addition - so long as she isn't too similar to Zelda.

2B and her pod from Nier Automata - She's a great character and has already featuring in Soul Calibur 6. She's very fast and agile and has flexible weaponry.

@Kidfried Frog from Chrono Trigger would be great. He's my favourite character anyway, but he uses cool swords and is very agile for an amphibian. That or Robo, because he's so cute.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

themcnoisy

Smash on Switch is great. Probably the best smash bros game ever. The content is fantastic. For me the actually gameplay loop isn't too exciting and after having battered melee on the gamecube however many years ago that was has already worn thin. When you drop off a stage the jump, special, boost to get back on usually messes me up more than the battling. It's funny when you mess up the first few times, absolutely infuriating later on. This is more to do with the joycons and if I grabbed a gc controller would be fine so will pick a proper switch controller at some point (I have a knock off 3rd party controller which is terribad).

It's a must have game and everyone should give it a go if you haven't tried one before.

The single player from melee feels missing. I'm sure there was platform lite sections, I might be confusing that for another game.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder It's not a typical fighting game. The moves are easy to pull off. There are more difficult parts of the game you need to master like getting back on the flipping stages using a joycan with real man hands. But other than that you will have a laugh.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Rudy_Manchego

I would buy Smash tomorrow if the Drifter from Hyper Light Drifter was announced. Oh and yes I know that character was a fighter in that Smash knock off but, I mean, c’mon!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

How do you get all 1000 or whatever spirits then? You can only get them in adventure mode right? There doesn't seem to be close to 1000 battles (unless I have under estimated the size of the map).

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

I just got Katamari Reroll coz why not, one question - is it just the battles on the space mushroom that are 2 player or can the.."campaign" be 2 player, as well?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tasuki

@KratosMD I honestly feel that even as much as Nintendo claims there's still a place for 3DS they are slowly trying to kill it off. I mean let's be honest what can the 3DS do that the Switch can't besides 3D and even then they barely support that anyway.

I am not quite sure why Nintendo hasn't just come out and say hey we are discontinuing the 3DS maybe the see the backlash Sony gets for poorly supporting the Vita and then discontinuing that but that was different. Maybe it's just greed but with the Switch being portable it's not like the past where Nintendo had a home console and then a handheld for different markets. The Switch covers both of those markets now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@Tasuki The 3DS is much more convenient and has games more designed to possibly play on the go. I’m honestly more likely to take my 3DS for playing games on the go than my Switch. It also has the double screens. I think it might be cool for a road trip, but I don’t think the Switch should’ve been portable. It doesn’t fit in your pocket, and is a hassle to take around unless you have some deliberate planning. The loss of power isn’t worth it’s portability in the slightest.
The 3DS’s main problem is that it’s really old. The battery on mine is kinda shot. I’d honestly like a successor to it. I would’ve liked that more than the Switch having portability.
I can’t claim this is efficient market wise, but it is how I feel personally.

Jaz007

Haruki_NLI

It's called having an entry level model.

Why did Microsoft release a new revision of the 360 at the same time as the Xbox One?

Why did the Wii Mini exist?

Why did the PS3 keep getting games and support until around the time the PS4 Pro came out? It was the budget system, until the PS4 Slim became the budget system.

Consumer choice is a good thing people. God.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Fight_Teza_Fight

I've been using my 3DS a lot more than my Switch lately, but I do think it's time to kill it.
The market has clearly moved on.
Persona Q2 moved less than 80k on 3DS in its opening week in Japan.
Persona Q moved almost 190k iirc.

Guarantee the game would've done way better had it released on Switch.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Ralizah

I'm still not even sure how Atlus is supposed to put an EO-style game(which is built around the use of two screens) like Persona Q2 on Switch, so I don't mind stuff like that coming to 3DS.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

With an 8bitdo adapter, you can use pretty much any wireless controller to play Switch games. I played through the entirety of Bloodstained, and a few of the old Mega Man games, with a wireless SNES controller. The DS4 works pretty well too, including support for gyro aiming in games like BotW.

Gamecube controllers work pretty well with simple games that support controller remapping.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

Has anyone played Gris yet?

Octane

Octane

@kyleforrester87 I've read it's quite good. Like a 2D Journey. But it's always good to hear opinions from people on here as well.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic