Forums

Topic: Western Animation Discussion (Cartoons)

Posts 141 to 145 of 145

RR529

Really haven't been watching much (western) animation lately.

Me & my bro watched the first few episodes of Our Cartoon President season 3 earlier this year but haven't went back. Similarly, we watched the first 1 or two episodes of the Animaniacs reboot's season 2 & stopped. That's been about it.

I mean, I've seen a few Disney animated films in recent memory (the Good Dinosaur, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Monsters University, Turning Red, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers reboot, Lightyear), but I've posted about all those in the movie thread.

I do tend to catch a couple of King of the Hill episodes over the weekend during the afternoons when it's on (either FX or FXX).

EDIT: Oh, starting last year, & ending this year, I did watch all 7 seasons of Star Wars: the Clone Wars as well as the first season of the Bad Batch (though I've chronicled this all in the TV thread).

Looking forward to the I am Groot shorts in a couple weeks too, which I hear are supposed to be animated.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ralphdibny

ThereThere wrote:

I’ve been rewatching X-Men animated from the 90s in preparation for the new show next year. I grew up on this and it’s a total ratatouille moment. Some of the dialogue is cornier (and creepier, looking at you Gambit) than I remember but some really good stories so far. I’m hoping my 6 year old gets gripped by an episode or two as so far he’s loyal to spider-man and refuses my advances of watching this with me haha

I’m currently up to Apocalypse’s holiday on a Scottish island.

I watched through this as an adult about ten years ago. I remember thinking how well it actually held up at the time. It was really modern because of its serial storytelling. I Wana give it another go if I get time before '97 comes out. Here's hoping it will hold up well enough again!

See ya!

nomither6

@RR529 king of the hill was one of those shows i didnt appreciate until i was older 😂 it’s pretty good

nomither6

KidRyan

I recently watched The Croods 1 & 2 + DC Super Pets, great films!

I plan on re-watching the old Krypto the Superdog cartoon soon, as well as start watching both The Croods Netflix cartoon and the recent Croods Hulu/Peacock series as well.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic