Forums

Topic: Western Animation Discussion (Cartoons)

Posts 121 to 140 of 145

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder gnarly good or gnarly bad? I can't remember the score really apart from the awesome theme tune to be honest!

It can be a bit off putting when going back to old cartoons when the music is really loud. Turtles is a bit like that actually, every scene opens with that last bit of sound in the theme tune. (Could be misremembering that!)

I love the original turtles cartoon though, never really got into the reboots but I wouldn't mind giving that 2003 series a go one day. I quite liked the CGI film too (and obviously love the original two movies, not so much 3 😅).

I actually quite liked the latest two movies as well despite the flack they got. I think with the amount of reboots/redesigns by that point, not just of turtles but transformers, Spiderman etc. I'm just completely numb to it now and just enjoy things for what they are. The second of those two movies is actually intentionally similar to the cartoons already anyway with Krang, Rocksteady and Bebop being in it. Not sure what more Seth Rogan could do to with it really but I am still interested to see it, if it becomes a thing!

See ya!

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder I actually was a big He-Man fan myself, I much preferred Hordak to Skeletor actually, and thought the movie where Skeletor used to be Hordak's apprentice, Sword in the Stone I think it was called, with She-Ra in it as well, was great, did you ever see that one? Also I didn't think the He-Man reboot in the early 2000s was too bad, apparently Hordak was set to become a major villain in the next series of the reboot, but ,unfortunately the show got cancelled before that notion could come to fruition. Great times with the original series though eh?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny Not sure, just gnarly!

@TheBrandedSwordsman Not too familiar with Hordak, but it was something like 30 years ago! I remember Man-E-Faces and Ram Man cos they had cool toys! But yeah that was the start of a golden age for kids cartoons for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

@JohnnyShoulder @ralphdibny
Turtles was my favourite as a young child. Both that and Masters of the Universe had the best villains. Skeletor and Shredder are just brilliant. I feel they really take the shows to the next level making them truly special. The voice acting certainly helped with that, so iconic.

Nice to see Mark Hamill taking over as Skeletor, will be interesting to see his take on the character.

LieutenantFatman

ralphdibny

@LieutenantFatman oh yeah, James Avery was Shredder! I almost think he's going to shout "Will!" when I'm watching turtles and likewise I always think Uncle Phil is going to shout "turtles!" when I'm watching fresh Prince 😅

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman If it is even half as good as Castlevania, we are in for a treat.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

@LieutenantFatman Did you ever watch any of the Real Ghostbusters cartoons when you were younger? I also watched Extreme Ghostbusters as an older child, and I loved the crossover RGB/EGB episode they did with the original RGB voice actors coming back and reprising their roles along with the actor who played Egon (who was there the whole time through both series).

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

LieutenantFatman

@TheBrandedSwordsman
I did watch a few of those, it did look like a fun series. Got to love a good crossover episode, always enjoyable to see.

LieutenantFatman

MightyDemon82

Anyone else here excited about Masters of the Universe Revelation? Can't wait to finish work tomorrow and go home and get stuck in. can't believe I'm 39 and getting excited about that world and it's characters all over again!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 Well if you look a few posts above.... 👀

I probably won't get a chance to watch it till next week though, as I think I've just finished something else. Will be interesting to see if it still holds up to my 43 year old standards.

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder haha. Can't wait to watch it with my wife, she was a big She-Ra fan as a little girl but we're not really fans of the animation style they used for the reboot, Masters of the universe however looks promising.

I'll post up my spoiler free thoughts over the weekend.

MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder binged all 5 episodes and though it was fantastic. Hope we don't have to wait too long for the 2nd part.

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 Cool, cheers for the tag and glad you enjoyed it!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

KidRyan

Reviving this thread. I've been slowly catching up on The Owl House, and recently completed Amphibia.

Currently watching The Boss Baby: Back in the Crib, and planning on binge watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars now that I've finally re-watched the prequel trilogy (to prep myself for Obi-Wan Kenobi series).

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

KidRyan

KidBoruto wrote:

Reviving this thread. I've been slowly catching up on The Owl House, and recently completed Amphibia.

Currently watching The Boss Baby: Back in the Crib, and planning on binge watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars now that I've finally re-watched the prequel trilogy (to prep myself for Obi-Wan Kenobi series).

I completed Owl House and Boss Baby: Back in the Crib.

Currently binge watching Bluey Season 2, after this I'm gonna try and return to Code Lyoko maybe...

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic