Forums

Topic: Welcome/Introduction Thread

Posts 601 to 620 of 675

sorteddan

@Sable
Well now that you're here and realised how great everyone is, I guess it's only a matter of time before you start craving a PS5 to appear under the Xmas tree!
Welcome to the forums.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

EliteSlayer

Hi gamers, I am new around here

EliteSlayer

Th3solution

@EliteSlayer @Sable An official welcome to you both. It’s good to see fresh blood in the forums! 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@EliteSlayer
Hello. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Make yourself at home.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

LN78

@EliteSlayer Hey there. Welcome to our little corner of (relative) sanity.

LN78

EliteSlayer

Thanks for the friendly welcome.

EliteSlayer

RogerRoger

@EliteSlayer Hello hello! Love your avatar, by the way. No idea what it's from, but it's awesome! Hope you enjoy your stay, and may it be a long and comfortable one!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@EliteSlayer Hello and welcome to the forums!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@RogerRoger It’s the Balrog from Lord of the Rings, isn’t it @EliteSlayer ? It may even be from the brief snippet of the Balrog during Rings of Power. One of the coolest monsters ever.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Ah, that'll be why I didn't recognise it, then! Thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

EliteSlayer

@Th3solution Yes the gif is the rings of power balrog. I assume that you also like lotr based on your profile pic.

@RogerRoger I also think your rancor profile pic is cool.

EliteSlayer

RogerRoger

@EliteSlayer Heh, thanks! I wonder which would win in a fight?

Making It So Since 1987

Pizzamorg

Yo.

I was today year's old that my Nintendo Life account also existed on all the sister sites too, so I am gonna try and spread myself between the two forums moving forwards.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Th3solution

@Pizzamorg Welcome to this side of the fence, my friend!
I have to admit, I sometimes wander over to Nintendo Life if things are quiet around here and I primarily look at their PlayStation thread and really enjoy reading your comments. I get the impression that you spend a lot of time on PlayStation too! I’ve often wondered if you’d enjoy having some more in depth discussion with the Sony lunatics over here. 😅 I know that there’s a lot of cross pollination of the two communities, but you’ll definitely find a lot of opinions, experiences, comments, etc about Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Spider-Man, etc, etc and probably find it interesting to see how each community has a different take on certain issues.

I look forward to reading more of your thoughts and hope you enjoy it here too! 😄

Edited on by Th3solution

Pizzamorg

Th3solution wrote:

@Pizzamorg Welcome to this side of the fence, my friend!
I have to admit, I sometimes wander over to Nintendo Life if things are quiet around here and I primarily look at their PlayStation thread and really enjoy reading your comments. I get the impression that you spend a lot of time on PlayStation too! I’ve often wondered if you’d enjoy having some more in depth discussion with the Sony lunatics over here. 😅 I know that there’s a lot of cross pollination of the two communities, but you’ll definitely find a lot of opinions, experiences, comments, etc about Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Spider-Man, etc, etc and probably find it interesting to see how each community has a different take on certain issues.

I look forward to reading more of your thoughts and hope you enjoy it here too! 😄

Wow, thank you!

I often worry my posts are too long and people look at my text walls and go "I ain't reading that!" haha, so I am glad at least one person appreciates them 😂

I was predominantly a PlayStation guy over the last decade or so, after being an Xbox guy for most of my teens, only really moved away from PlayStation when I got into PC gaming over the last couple of years.

But I ended up picking up a PS5 predominantly for Ragnarok, but I've also got a good backlog of exclusives to chip into, too. So, it's been a lot of PlayStation for me over the last few months, been a lot of fun. Makes sense to jump over here too, as then I'm not confined to a single thread, haha.

KAIRU wrote:

@Pizzamorg I totally won't take credit for letting you know. 😏

Welcome, though!

Haha, you are welcome to all the credit!

Th3solution

@Pizzamorg As a guy who has trouble expressing his thoughts in less than 5 paragraphs, I can relate. 😄 Brevity in expression isn’t a talent I’ve ever cultivated.

But seriously, most of us enthusiasts participate here because we are passionate about the content (be them games, movies, TV shows, or current events) and so there’s plenty of us who love to talk and read about our favorite things. I personally haven’t hit the forum’s character limit for a post yet, but I know it has been done around here before, so no worries! 😂

I remember once I said something very similar that I was feeling bad for posting excessive and sometimes long thoughts that I was sure just went out into the ether and died in the void, and another kind user assured me that my posts were being read a lot more than I realized. And this is now proof here to you! I’ve been reading your stuff for quite a while and you never knew it! 😄

Pizzamorg

Th3solution wrote:

@Pizzamorg As a guy who has trouble expressing his thoughts in less than 5 paragraphs, I can relate. 😄 Brevity in expression isn’t a talent I’ve ever cultivated.

But seriously, most of us enthusiasts participate here because we are passionate about the content (be them games, movies, TV shows, or current events) and so there’s plenty of us who love to talk and read about our favorite things. I personally haven’t hit the forum’s character limit for a post yet, but I know it has been done around here before, so no worries! 😂

I remember once I said something very similar that I was feeling bad for posting excessive and sometimes long thoughts that I was sure just went out into the ether and died in the void, and another kind user assured me that my posts were being read a lot more than I realized. And this is now proof here to you! I’ve been reading your stuff for quite a while and you never knew it! 😄

Wow, this was surprisingly uplifting, I appreciate it! I know exactly what you mean in feeling like you are shouting into a void, good to know some people are listening. Or reading, in this case.

KAIRU wrote:

@Pizzamorg I do enjoy a good read too. I guess that's a reason why I frequent this site. 😅

I am gonna send those text walls like the Empire sends the Star Destroyers 😂

RogerRoger

@Pizzamorg Welcome aboard the boards! I see the last thing you wrote was a Star Wars reference, so methinks you and I will get along just fine.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic