Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 4,481

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Kate Bush must have made a ton of money outside of whatever Netflix paid to use it, the single and some of her albums were all over the iTunes charts (and still are). I really like the new version of Separate Ways they did for show, the original is one of my favourite songs.
Yeah I think this time next year at the absolute earliest. I believe it was mostly planned out at the same time as season 4 so pre-production might be a lot quicker. Still hopefully they get all the budget and time they need to make it as good as possible.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

Just watched the latest The Boys episode and it's even whackier than usual but still manages to be impactful at the same time. I'm eager to see how this season will finish up next week.

I'm curious if this series is fully planned out to an end point? Is the comic series it's based off an ongoing thing or has it finished?

BearsEatBeets

CJD87

Saw the 'Master of Puppets' moment last night..... "So Metal!"

CJD87

Col_McCafferty

Eddie playing guitar was definitely a highlight of the show, good song choice as well. I guess "Highway To Hell" by ACDC would've been a little on the nose.

😉

Overall I enjoyed this season but it's definitely not as good as it once was. It's lost some magic for me although it's still a good show.

I still think the Russia stuff was unnecessary and cheapened Hopper's sacrifice at the end of 3. And the last two episodes could've been split into at least 3. Good ending though, definitely leaves you wanting to see what happens next.

7/10

Col_McCafferty

Elodin

Finished Stranger things. Solid season. I do think they could have shortened the time from the climax to the end. That had a Lord of the Rings feel to me.

Elodin

JohnnyShoulder

Watched the last half of the final episode of Stranger Things last night. Thought it was fantastic, easily up there with the best for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LtSarge

Subscribed to Amazon Prime Video for the first time. The first month was free so I figured why the heck not. My overall impression of the service is in a nutshell: 90% of its offerings is crap and 10% is great original TV shows/movies. You basically only subscribe to Prime Video for its originals, of which there are dozens of and from an overview, a lot of them have pretty interesting premises. Obviously The Boys is the highlight of the service. I've watched the first episode and it's so freaking good. After I'm done with it I'm planning on watching The Expanse since I've heard a lot of good stuff about that show as well.

After that I have no idea what to watch. At that point I think it's time to start exploring the originals. If anyone has any recommendations for good original shows/movies to watch on Prime Video, I'm all ears.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Amazon is probably the service I watch the least of my subscriptions. But I can’t wait for the Lord of the Rings series, it looks to be awesome.

I started The Expanse and it’s pretty decent, but I fell off after 5-6 episodes. It’s a little slow to get going.

I also watch the first couple Jack Ryan episodes. Again, pretty good but I just didn’t stick with it.

People really like that I, Robot and the Man in the High Castle shows. I’ve never seen them though.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution Those are literally almost all the ones I've added to my watch list, lol. I love Tom Clancy so I'm looking forward to watching Jack Ryan. Man in the High Castle also has a fairly interesting premise, so hopefully that one is good too.

But yeah, I can definitely see myself dropping Amazon Prime after some time. It just doesn't have enough compelling offerings compared to Netflix, HBO Max or Disney+.

LtSarge

BearsEatBeets

@LtSarge I've had The Expanse and Jack Ryan in my watchlist for a while and not yet got around to starting them. One series I have watched and thought was very good was Reacher. Admittedly I'm a fan of the book series it based on but it's gained a lot of good reviews and would recommend at least giving it a go. I also enjoyed an animated series on there called Vox Machina, kind of an adult dungeons & dragons thing. Also a comedy called Last man on Earth I quite enjoyed.

@Th3solution The Rings of Power is looking promising from the trailers. It certainly looks like they have put some money into it. 🤞🤞🤞

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Of course HBO cancelled Gentleman Jack. Not enough tits and blood. It’s so infuriating, it’s a successful and acclaimed show which pushes boundaries. They’re definitely moving away from the quality TV they were known for.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

@BearsEatBeets Reacher also piqued my interest, nice to hear that you thought it was good. Will add it to my watchlist as well!

LtSarge

nessisonett

@MightyDemon82 Co-production. I guess HBO were financing.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

So I've heard a lot about Batman: The Animated Series before but have never actually seen it. At all. Not even a clip of Mark Hamil's Joker despite how iconic of a role it is.

... Only watched the first episode involving Man-Bat and can't say I found it all that riveting to be honest (Don't worry I'm going to give a few more episodes a look before ditching it or not)

So I gave Batman Of The Future (Or Batman: Beyond ) a look instead and ended up watching 5 episodes of it and am itching to watch more.

There's something about cantankerous old Bruce Wayne that I found particularly amusing and interesting to see.

Terry McGinnis is pretty good as the new batman too.

Quite like the villain Inque & the Mr Freeze episode "Meltdown" was really something too for such an early episode in the show.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow I recently watched Batman Beyond from beginning to end, for the first time, and really enjoyed it. It's got a similar vibe to Spidey, thanks to its premise, but has the freedom to go darker in some places, on account of it being a bat-show. I also agree that "Old Man Bruce" is a superb take on the character, and that Kevin Conroy continues to nail the role.

You've got some interesting episodes coming up if you stick with it. Don't forget to track down Return of the Joker, its direct-to-video movie. It's absolutely fantastic, borderline essential if you're a fan.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I finished the first season yesterday @RogerRoger and it was highly enjoyable.

The fantastic four parody was a bit of a strange episode to have but it was still enjoyable enough.

The Shriek episode was cool too with the finale actually revolving around the use of sound.

I quite liked Ten/Melanie Walker as Terry's Catwoman too... Or Black Cat with the Spider-Man comparison 😆

You are right in that comparison thanks to Terry being high school age and a rather sociable character too compared to Bruce it does give the series some serious Spidey vibes that I'm more then ok with.

Kinda wished Blight showed up more though.

Powers was in pretty much every episode yeah but he never got to do much super villainy himself... Like at all. Even in the final episode he was a bit meh as "Blight" but he was still enjoyable as Powers (kudos to his voice actor) and helped give both Bruce and Terry a common goal to unite against.

I can only imagine some people were probably annoyed that Batman's traditional Rogue's Gallery never showed up but... I quite liked most of the villains in this. Spellbinder kinda sucked though

Kinda wish they did more with the Jokerz too but maybe that'll be a focus in season 2?

Really strong first season in my opinion despite some VERY minor quibbles. Hopefully it doesn't all go downhill from here 😄

I think I've actually seen some of Return of the Joker before Rog with it being slapped on tv a few years ago for one reason or another.

When is the ideal time to watch that though? After I've finished the whole series or sometime inbetween seasons?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Agreed that the Fantastic Four parody was one of the weaker episodes from the first season, and also agreed that Blight should've become a major recurring adversary for both Terry and Bruce, and that his character was ultimately underused. Minor problems in the grand scheme of things, though, and understandable, since the show was trying to avoid serialised storytelling.

I'd personally put Return of the Joker between the second and third seasons. Honestly, once you've seen the show's pilot episodes, you can stick it anywhere, but there's a tweak to the recurring voice cast in the third season, so the movie kinda "introduces" the change and helps softens the blow. That, and the second season is the longest, so watching Return of the Joker in its wake will definitely help counteract any potential burnout, because it really is that excellent.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

I'd personally put Return of the Joker between the second and third seasons.

Ahh many thanks Rog.

I'm going to assume there isn't but just in case... There isn't any crossover episodes with some other animated series is there?

I'm not that big of a DC girl aside from Batman... Especially not keen on Supes so... Please tell me there isn't lol 😅

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic