Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 4,462

Th3solution

@ralphdibny šŸ˜‚ Thatā€™s brilliant! Youā€™d never guess Lucas is a billionaire by the looks of him. That could be anyone just moseying around and doing some shopping. Whereā€™s his entourage and his fur coat? šŸ˜„

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Voltan

@LieutenantFatman I finished it over the weekend. Pretty good. It's no Game of Thrones but most fantasy shows are way worse than this

Voltan

LieutenantFatman

@Voltan
I appreciate the brilliance of Game of Thrones as much as anyone. The quality of the writing and acting was excellent. But those final couple of seasons, the huge drop in quality.. tragic.
I guess we should have seen it coming with no more books to work from though.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

Really enjoyed the previous seasons, so am looking forward to this!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Even though it's not my cup of tea, it's always good to see a videogame adaptation go down well. Gives hope for future projects if they're not always terrible.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman not sure if youā€™ve had a chance to read it yet but hereā€™s the trailer for the show. Iā€™m still not sure about it, I love the comic so much, but Iā€™m cautiously optimistic. I hope they do it justice šŸ‘

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

@Jimmer-jammer Oh man, Iā€™m excited too. Between this and Y: The Last Man, it feels like they actually might pull off some decent adaptations of some of my favourite comics.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett Yeah, one of the benefits of tv taking off the way it has is itā€™s created a viable platform to fully explore these amazing stories and worlds. Y: The Last Man was fantastic but I shudder to think how hard it would be to realize as a film or even series of films. Canā€™t wait!

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman Iā€™m hoping Biomutant scratches that itch.

nessisonett

First look at Ms Marvelā€™s outfit for the Disney+ show from set photos! Have to say Iā€™m loving the costume designer for Phase 4 so far, theyā€™ve definitely nailed the comics accuracy and kept the camp without it looking cheap.

UntitledUntitled

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger HBO are doing The Last Of Us, so hopefully that is in good hands. Although I know almost nothing about the adaptation. I think most video games are better suited to the TV series format then film. There has been small increase in quality recently, with film based on video games not all being rubbish and rising to merely ok!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, unless you're something with a very basic plot (like Sonic the Hedgehog or Tomb Raider and no, I'm not just naming favourites, they really are some of the most successful videogame adaptations!) then condensing everything into a 90-minute feature never works well. Modern narrative-heavy games, like The Last of Us, are definitely TV or bust.

I probably know even less than you do about The Last of Us, in any shape or form, but I think the recent casting announcements for the show were well-received, weren't they?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Oh dear. Line of Duty has pulled a Game of Thrones Season 8. My mum is not amused šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

nessisonett

@Jecht_Ultima I havenā€™t seen this much universal disappointment in a while!

nessisonett

@Jecht_Ultima Weā€™ll probably see James Nesbitt with some brand new hair plugs in his next show šŸ˜‚

AdamantiumClaws

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was legit.

Not feeling Ms. Marvel's mask, but the rest looks good. Gonna be hard to live up to the video game version of her though.

Even the rocks do not recall.

MattW

nessisonett wrote:

First look at Ms Marvelā€™s outfit for the Disney+ show from set photos! Have to say Iā€™m loving the costume designer for Phase 4 so far, theyā€™ve definitely nailed the comics accuracy and kept the camp without it looking cheap.

UntitledUntitled

It looks very cool. In fact, they create exactly what you need. Hurry to see the show itself.

MattW

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic