Forums

Topic: The Pushsquare Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,024

Frigate

Not one English club drawn against one another? It's a conspiracy I tell ye.

Frigate

BAMozzy

@Frigate English, like Spanish, German, Italian, French etc clubs will NEVER be drawn together before the Quarter Finals. They all go into different pots in the Groups and first round of the Knockouts (last 16). However, that immunity is now over - English (as well as any other nation - if they had multiple teams in) can be drawn together. The draw takes place on Friday.

If all 4 get drawn together, and then those 2 get drawn together, you would have 1 English Club in the Final. Its still possible that the Semi-Finals could be an all-English situation - but that would only happen if none are drawn together and they all win their Quarter Final.

Its NOT a conspiracy that no English club was drawn together before this round of the competition - they would NEVER be drawn together at that stage - just like none of the German teams (Schalke, Bayern, Dortmund), Spanish (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlectico Madrid), French (PSG, Lyon), Italian (Juventus, Roma) and the other two were Porto and Ajax so they were the only representatives of their nation but had there been another team from either nation, they would have been kept separate at this stage of the competition.

Now at the Quarter Final stage, there are 4 English teams and 1 each from Spain, Italy, Netherlands & Portugal. Now there is nothing in place to keep sides from the same nation facing each other - which only affects English clubs this year. Had Atlectico and Real got through, whilst they would never have faced each other in the CL this season, they could of been drawn together in the QF's - a Madrid derby. Its possible we could see a Manchester derby in this years QF's....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

ApostateMage

@JohnnyShoulder Aye, Raheem has had a fantastic season for City. I'd say Son from Spurs is a contender, too.

ApostateMage

WanderingBullet

Favorites to win the UCL?

For me, it's one of these three clubs:

• Man City
  • Barcelona
  • Juventus

@ApostateMage I'm a fan of Son Heung-min. If Pochettino does go to United I hope he brings Son along too.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JohnnyShoulder

@ApostateMage Yeah Son has been good for Spuds and I think the votes are done in in something ridiculous like February.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WanderingBullet

Draws have been made:

Ajax vs Juventus
Liverpool vs Porto
Tottenham vs Man City
Man Utd vs Barcelona

WanderingBullet

Liverpool fans must be grinning from ear to ear.lol

Dream final would of cause be Barca vs Juve.

BAMozzy

@WanderingBullet It could have been a LOT worse but there is no easy games at this stage. Porto knocked out Roma and Ajax knocked out Real Madrid. For Liverpool to reach the final, they will need to beat Porto and Utd/Barca - Away leg first. Liverpool will also be the Away team in the Final if they get there.

Barca vs Juve may well be your dream Final, but mine would be Liverpool vs Ajax or even Tottenham. Regardless, all teams have a tough match at this stage. There is one English club guaranteed to reach the Semi final and it could be up to 3 English clubs. Its possible to get an all English final too....

As a Liverpool fan, and have been for over 40yrs, I would love LFC to win both the CL and EPL. Only one of those is in our own hands now but there is still a chance that a slip-up could occur - there are no easy games, no matches that you can 'rest' players now - not if you want to Win one or more of these competitions.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

WanderingBullet

@BAMozzy Yes, there are no easy games (in a sense that you're team still has to perform) but there are definitely weakest/weaker teams.lol As a United supporter I wanted either Porto, Tottenham or Ajax.

It'll be miracle if United beats Barca, which is why is my dream final is to watch Juve vs Barca - Ronaldo vs Messi.

JohnnyShoulder

Yep well happy with that draw, we got one of the easier teams left. Still, they are a decent team otherwise they wouldn't be at this stage. There are quite a physical side, but nothing Liverpool shouldn't be able to cope with.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

Gremio108

I've always thought Barcalona is secretly the best draw, because if you lose, no-one thinks it's your fault. And if you win, well you've just beat Barca. Of course my team will never get anywhere near the Champions League, so it's okay for me to say such ridiculous things.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy | Twitter:

themcnoisy

Not a big fan of that draw. The 4 fovourites were kept apart. Just imagine if we had Juve vs Barca, LFC vs Man Utd, Ajax vs Man City and Tottenham vs Porto. Way better draw.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Isn't that what we want though, the best teams to be in there for longer? I wouldn't want to face any English sides, they are always so hard to call. Normal games against Man U are bad enough, I can only imagine it would be tenfold for a Champers League in terms of hype and crowd trouble.

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder 'best' I would replace with 'biggest'. And no I want the best games now for added spice.

Everyone's already saying its a Ronaldo vs Messi final. It's just noise, I hope Ajax beat Juve. That's more romantic to me than massaging egos.

KALofKRYPTON

Not particularly in to football, but after the roller-coaster day of rugby - it was nice to see Wolves put in such a solid performance tonight.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Frigate

@themcnoisy I'd love to see Ajax in the final. When they edged Milan in '95 feels like an awfully long time ago.

Frigate

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON Wolves played great. Moutinho is a beast in midfield.

@Frigate 24 years ago. I was playing Ridge Racer around this time. That was a long time ago!

Kyroki

SONALDOOOOOOOOOO!

Add my PSN: Kyr0ki_
Follow me on Twitter: @Kyr0ki
Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

PSN: Kyr0ki_ | Twitter:

Kyroki

As long as we don't have to listen to toxic LFC fans going on about how they'll win the PL or the UCL for the next 50 years, I'll be fine with that. Literally the only team I don't want to see winning them.

Add my PSN: Kyr0ki_
Follow me on Twitter: @Kyr0ki
Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

PSN: Kyr0ki_ | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic