Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 2,384

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight There’s always been concern about the massive gulf in quality between some of the teams, funding isn’t equal across the world after all, but I think some of the matches have been closer than expected. Jamaica did a great job to grind out that draw and I honestly don’t think Vietnam were humbled by the USA like they might have been.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KAIRU

There’s no way these reports of us being linked with Kylian Mbappe are real. 😂😂

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

Fight_Teza_Fight

@nessisonett Yep absolutely agree. Can only hope that as the women’s game expands so does funding/development ,wages, etc.
Not been a fan of the ref stoppages so far though. The refs are getting more ‘air time’ then the players at this point😅.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight I’m liking the refs having microphones though, helps if we understand their reasoning a bit more!

KAIRU

Just saw that Danjuma has gone to Everton on loan. Shame we didn't give him more of a chance last season. Seemed like a really good player and I genuinely think he'd have been a solid player under Big Ange this year. Hope he does bits at Everton, just... not against us please.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

QualityGeezer

Crazy the Saudis have bid 256m for mbappe. He won't go but for how good a player he is I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, he seems like a troublemaker vigilante character

QualityGeezer

KAIRU

@QualityGeezer Crazy money for a player, isn’t it?? It’s probably pennies to those Saudi’s though. Wish they’d send me over a cheeky million or two.

EDIT: Was just thinking as well, if Mbappe does go to Saudi, he can’t take the girlfriend with him… 😅

Edited on by KAIRU

QualityGeezer

@KAIRU I had to laugh skysports.com reported spurs are interested in him, as if they could afford it lol. People thought Ronaldo had an ego but I think mbappe takes the biscuit

QualityGeezer

KAIRU

@QualityGeezer The fact there were rumoured attempts to use Kane in a swap deal for him had me howling at the moon. I was in stitches. 😂

QualityGeezer

@KAIRU I'd rather kane all day long, mbappe is a mercenary lost alot of respect for him

QualityGeezer

KAIRU

@QualityGeezer Yeah, Mbappe obviously has a bright future and will have a fantastic career ahead of him, but Kane is one of the most complete footballers in the world right now, putting my Spurs bias aside. He's never had an ego and has remained a proper professional throughout his career - aside from that whole Man City drama that was blown out of proportion.

@StripedTomato I can't comment on his locker room antics or behaviour behind the scenes but I do feel there's something about him that would be a bad influence on the other players. There's no denying that.

As for Pogba and Ronaldo, I do agree with you. I think having one or two players in the squad who have a massive ego, regardless of their ability or willingness to do the dirty work, don't seem to be a particularly exciting bunch to work with when those egos eventually come to the forefront.

JohnnyShoulder

Blimey, the deal to take Mbappe to Saudi was worth €700 million to him with all the image rights etc. For one season. 🤯

But he didn't even meet with them after they flew out to Paris, as he wants to stay in Europe.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Man, selling Jota for £25 million to the Saudis isn’t even resulting in some exciting transfers. We’re just doing the age old thing of buying 20 year olds from obscure leagues for a mil here or there, who are either destined for the Prem via Southampton minus a sell on clause or they’re absolute dogsh*t. I’d want another baffling retirement tour like Roy Keane, Ian Wright or Kolo Touré but that sort of player knows they can get a packet in China or Saudi or the MLS these days.

KAIRU

@JohnnyShoulder Mental money involved. Wonder if I could play in Saudi for a season... 😂

@StripedTomato Interesting move. I'm not sure where he stood with Liverpool but I reckon he'd have still been a decent addition to one of the lower Premier League teams.

KAIRU

@StripedTomato He's got 99 problems... and they're all Spurs related.

KAIRU

@QualityGeezer Well, to be honest, I'd rather have Levy than the Saudis. That's just me though.

QualityGeezer

@KAIRU I'm not a big fan of the Saudis and the bigger picture, but Daniel levy should not be allowed anywhere near a football club could argue the way he acts is against human rights

Edited on by QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

nessisonett

I’m all for cutting time wasting out the game and such but the 12 minutes of stoppage time did feel a little like they were just waiting for Arsenal to equalise for the drama. Think we’ll see a lot of that this season, especially if smaller teams are trying to hold on towards the end.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I'm beginning to think they should just swap to like some other sports and stop the clock every time there is a stoppage/out of play and it will be a lot clearer what time is left.
I'm a fan of the stamping down on the 'gamesman-ship' stuff to clean up the game. I think blatant pull-backs to stop players should be a straight red to try and cut it out of the game.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic